JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This whole anti crap made me become a life time member!! The way I see it is the more of us on the west coast start supporting then they will come support us when the time comes! So here is to hoping I was right. o_O

I agree that the NRA needs to do more on a state level, this is where the laws are being changed. I really want my donation to go for actual 2nd amendment work, rather than a magazine or a pocket knife.

I think the days are over that we blindly hand someone our money and hope they do something with it besides line their pockets. Show me you deserve my support or I'll find someone that does.

Not to be wearing a Tin Foil Hat, but how do we know that the NRA is not part of the whole deep state plan.
Bear with me for a moment and I am not suggesting to not support the NRA, so calm down..

The NRA seems to be very vocal in states that have light gun control and seem to be quieter in states that have heavy control. The NRA a few years ago when we had more gun rights even showed up at Rallies now they don't when its worse ?

People get so narrow minded and want to believe the NRA and OFF that they stopped asking questions.
I am sure many in this NWFA group read my posts and think I hate the NRA and OFF. I am sure I am on a few ignores as well.
No, I don't hate the NRA or OFF, I just do not see anything they claim they stand for being done, and see allot of what they don't stand for being done.

I trust no organized group period, I may support some but I do not trust any group that succeeds
and grows financially the more I suffer and lose rights. I find that troubling and maybe thats just me.
Asking the NRA to show up and do their job is not hate speech. Making excuses like they don't because antis here are in control. Glad these same thinkers weren't in charge of D-Day where we were outnumbered 5 to one as we would all be speaking German by now. How is it JFK said, we do these things, not because they are easy but because they are hard. Overcoming adversity is hard, dirty messy work. Thats all I am asking OFF and the NRA to do is stand tall no matter what they odds.

Here are my recommendations if you feel unsupported in Oregon:
  • If the NRA employs paid-staff in Oregon, find every NRA member you can and start a letter writing/calling campaign to NRA leadership and demand better representation
  • If they utilize volunteer staff, as they do in most states, either volunteer to lead or find somebody that will lead
Sitting on the sidelines yelling "you suck" isn't going to help. We need to hold these folks accountable just as we do our elected representatives. If NRA, OFF, SAF, Congress, the President, etc. aren't representing us we need to remove the current folks and replace them with folks who will do the job.

Last Edited:
8AAC3B36-87A2-45A9-85BC-3C1221C5131B.jpeg

That is activism at its finest.

Let me do some research...be later this evening tho!

Here are my recommendations if you feel unsupported in Oregon:
  • If the NRA employs paid-staff in Oregon, find every NRA member you can and start a letter writing/calling campaign to NRA leadership and demand better representation
  • If they utilize volunteer staff, as they do I'm most states, either volunteer to lead or find somebody that will lead
Sitting on the sidelines yelling "you suck" isn't going to help. We need to hold these folks accountable just as we do our elected representatives. If NRA, OFF, SAF, Congress, the President, etc. aren't representing us we need to remove the current folks and replace them with folks who will do the job.

One more suggestion...

@JoeLink, Could we have a sticky in the area for gun organizations where we could list the primary contacts for each organization? OFF, SAF and NRA local representation contacts would be very helpful.

We would need to police the data ourselves so it is updated whenever necessary but it would help to have somebody to contact when we want to know what exactly one of these orgs is dong to earn our dollars, trust and respect on any given issue that arises.

Commentary: Why do we hate the NRA?

Basically, the NRA is an association of members who are gun owners and have nothing to gain other than their preservation of the 2A. So the idea that the NRA is "buying" politicians is failed logic. NRA donations are essentially the members voting.

The way I see it......

It's mostly the fault of the Democrats.

How is that?

OK, Ok, ok (without mentioning the other usual suspects/Dems).......
Remember when Hillary declared the NRA was on her list of enemies? Rrrright.

She'll usually says that she believes in/supports the 2nd A. LOL. Like how Bill said it too. Rrrright....and he signed the AW ban. But, she'll (and others) also in the same speech say, that she (they) believes in "reasonable and common sense legislation."

Ever stop to wonder, "Reasonable and common sense, according to who?"

Hummmm.....isn't she (and those that recite the same) actually saying? That anyone, who does not follow her "reasonable and common sense legislation" ideas.......lacks reasonableness and/or common sense.

Talk_to_the_Hand_1.jpg

"Talk to the hand. You're un-reasonable and you lack common sense. La, la, la, la........"

Like it or not.....it's my opinion that those kids and others (protesting in the streets) are USEFUL IDIOTS of the LEFT (i.e. Democrats).

Ask one.....

Who should decide, what's reasonable and/or common sense?
What is an, "Assault Weapon?" What is a, "Defensive Weapon? Is there a difference?
Why should I give up my RIGHT (under the 2nd A) just to satisfy you and your beliefs?
What about, NOT passing judgement upon an entire group, because of a few bad actors?
Do you 100%, trust your Government?

Those are just some starter questions. You know....to get the conversation rolling (if that is possible).

LOL....all I've ever gotten in response, were the typical anti-gun speeches and/or out and out mis-information (lies). The ones that don't know their subject matter well enough......typically revert to, "If we could just save one life." Never mind that......I could/might be saving my own life (and maybe others). If I were armed and able to resist being murdered.

Call their actions.....propaganda of the LEFT.

Aloha, Mark

PS....more of Hillary on the NRA.

So, the message has now become. Since Hillary can spread the manure. So, can you. It's cool to speak out against RIGHTs.

your-rights-end-where-my-feelings-begin.jpg

Last Edited:
Unfortunately, in Oregon, the NRA would be throwing away a lot of money due to the overwhelming number of entrenched regressive liberals. The best move is to contribute to a Pro-2A candidate in a potentially swing election area, such as a state representative or a county board election.

But I would like them to do two thing: first would be to have factual informational advertisements about the problems/issues with legislation, such as Initiative 43 and the inevitable bills introduced at various levels.

Second, I would like to see them provide for lawsuits by members for libel (or even slander) by the various groups that call the NRA (and its members) "terrorists" and such. Since these people appear in the news, you have the "published" requirement covered.

elsie

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top