JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Done fooling myself. I vote, but I no longer believe there is any legitimacy in the process in this state. Moving east asap (which in my case is 3-5 years...). F the left coast.

The reason Jay keeps winning is gun owners. Put up a better choice against him and a HUGE swath of gun owners will loudly tell everyone not to vote for them. They are not perfect. So gun owners do not bother to vote, or throw their vote away. The other side does not so we get Jay. Same with Joe. A LOT of gun owners bend over backwards to try to make sure Joe wins. Surely this will make things better in their mind:s0153:

I'm in king county:(. There are half a dozen Culp signs on the 15 minute drive to town.

Brave souls....

I went to drop off my ballot today at the fire station, as I always do. Today was different, there was a line. The line was full of the same people who buy $400 in hotpockets and Shasta when their EBT gets a refill.

Not a good sign for whats to come.

Brave souls....

I went to drop off my ballot today at the fire station, as I always do. Today was different, there was a line. The line was full of the same people who buy $400 in hotpockets and Shasta when their EBT gets a refill.

Not a good sign for whats to come.
Hell yes. Even in Pierce I would be afraid to put signs in my yard. Some scum "free speech" lover would come by to vandalize my home and cars. Of course if I caught them they would start screaming for the Police to save them from me. To bad I can't start beating one down and say "sorry, they de funded the Cops, so a social worker will be here in a couple hours."

The reason Jay keeps winning is gun owners.
Definitely some truth to this. Robert O'Rourke (aka: Beto) came dam close to winning in one of the reddest districts in TEXAS (!) due in large part to dismal voter turnout. Yes, there were tons of outside donors throwing big money at his campaign, but in the end it came down to conservatives staying home and a dismal 40% participation.

So, if Inslee has over 50% does that mean he's in or does he runoff vs. the second place finisher?

Inslee w 51%... unbelievable.
If conservatives turn-out and unite behind a candidate they can pull this out in the general election...
Send Jay packing... pleeese.
I keep hoping. I have watched a few elections for Gov here we lost only because so many people who should know better would not vote for the better person. The excuses never change. Always something along the lines of "I can't vote for that RINO" or such. So voters throw the vote away or don't vote. Well the other side does not so the worst possible person wins. OR saw the same thing with Kate. Last run the guy she was running against was FAR from ideal. So many gun owners refused to back him. So they got Kate again. I can not for the life of me see how anyone thinks this is better somehow:s0054:

I pick the best one that has a shot at winning. If most of us did this for a few elections things would change course.

Can't say that I agree with that. I vote for whom I think will be best for the state and is like minded. If I don't like any of the options, I write someone in or don't vote for that particular position at all. Picking the person just because they have the best shot at winning seems more like the problem to me because that would mean you are voting for Inslee.....and I can only hope that that ain't right. ;)

Can't say that I agree with that. I vote for whom I think will be best for the state and is like minded. If I don't like any of the options, I write someone in or don't vote for that particular position at all. Picking the person just because they have the best shot at winning seems more like the problem to me because that would mean you are voting for Inslee.....and I can only hope that that ain't right. ;)
By throwing your vote away, which is what a write in is, is how we get Jay. Every time there is two people who have a chance. One is always better. A lot of gun owners go about it the same way you just did, throw their vote away. The other side goes all in for theirs, so the worst possible one wins. Then we keep losing our rights a little at a time and people who scream about losing their rights keep helping the people win who are taking them. :s0054:
Sadly It does not ever seem to change so looks like most of us will live to see the day when the rights we had are a memory we can tell others about. <shrug>

With Seattle's (and so this state's) race to the bottom making national news, that any of the current main legislators are getting any significant number of votes shows just willing sheeple are to drive of the cliff en masse. 'Seattle is Dying?' Oh well...4 More years!!!

Hopefully Culp is able to pull enough folks off the fence and turn the corner. We haven't had a republican governor since 1985:(

Boss

By throwing your vote away, which is what a write in is, is how we get Jay. Every time there is two people who have a chance. One is always better. A lot of gun owners go about it the same way you just did, throw their vote away. The other side goes all in for theirs, so the worst possible one wins. Then we keep losing our rights a little at a time and people who scream about losing their rights keep helping the people win who are taking them. :s0054:
Sadly It does not ever seem to change so looks like most of us will live to see the day when the rights we had are a memory we can tell others about. <shrug>
I understand where you're coming from, but if my only options are to vote for a 100% idiot or a 99% idiot....I choose niether. I will certainly do my homework on what options I have and if either check some of the boxes I want checked, then sure, I'd choose the lesser of the two evils, but I take my vote very seriously as it's a representation of my beliefs so I won't just give it away to someone I don't believe in or trust just for the sake of voting. I am an Independent and have voted the person all of my life, never the party. It just so happens this time around I don't see much I like on the D side of the house that checks the boxes for me.

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR