JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

If you were anti-gun, what would be your greatest fear?

• That Pro-Gunners Would Organize ?

• That They would lose in any physical conflict ?

• That everyone would own a gun ?

• That they couldnt control us?

• Other... Explain

Results are only viewable after voting.
LOL , yea sure that was it. Naw I keep pretty healthy .. so can't be that. Maybe it was because I was carrying a 9 and she thought gees thats all. What if a bear attacks then what?

The anti-gun people they do not trust themselves to own a gun.
Why would they want someone else to own a gun when they don't trust themselves to?
Also the fear of the unknown and pure ignorance. I met a guy at a pistol match he was
telling me his wife would not let him participate unless he had first aid supplies
and training for bullet wounds.:confused: The stuff the military uses to stop the bleeding.
She must think the chances of getting shot at a match is something to be prepared for.:eek:

Yup, unreasonable, blinding, FEAR (False Expectations Appearing Real). I have a RINO friend that browbeat the nice lady HE moved in with to get rid of the .38 she kept for home protection... HE was worried SHE might mistakenly shoot him as he came back to the bed from a midnight relief mission. Sometimes HE can be a real jerk! I also have an antisocial granddaughter that is afraid of the mere object, much less people having them.

Oh yes, our local IDPA keeps advanced first aid for bullet wounds on hand. Including the clotting gel. The sweeps and ADs I have seen in action pistol (including IPSC/USPSA), I think we have all been lucky!! I have had a loaded handgun pointed directly at my belly/chest more than once.

I just realized I took my own topic off topic, I guess I should report myself.;)
It was a serious question, but then all heck broke loose :D:D

Well you admit you like doughnuts, so she probably was offended by the highly suspected "dunlap's disease" (aka muffin top syndrome) you had going on.... :D

hey, hey, don't forget rule one out here, as I resemble that remark:mad:

And for your information, "dunlap's" is treatable: care for a bear's claw? :rolleyes:

(darn forgot you were trying to get back on track but he made me diverge, ya and I am sticking to that mantra!!)

Maybe another thing is that they see us gun owners as willing, able and confident with something that they can't fathom, firearms. It may make them feel less capable, perhaps inferior in some ways that they don't share our reasonable demeanor with something they don't understand and aren't willing to. They want to bust us down to their level so they can feel better about their own inadequacies.

As I see it Anti's have fear without reason.

So, If I were one, my greatest fear would be, that there wouldn't be someone around to protect me with a gun,
if there was someone out to harm me with a gun. o_O

I didn't say it made any sense. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :p

I voted other. I think that along with what others said about misinformation and fear, there is also a misunderstanding of human nature.

Many gun owners see people doing bad things and think "I need to protect myself and family from these people. There are some really bad people out there." Anti-gun see people doing bad things and think "Something made this person do these bad things. If we took the guns away that they used, then it wouldn't happen because they wouldn't have had the opportunity and it would all be fixed."

I voted other...

My greatest fear would be "the shoulder thing that goes up," and anything that is "fully semi-automatic." Also, guns that just start shooting people out of nowhere, like when they fall down the stairs or something.

I voted Other.

If I was anti-gun my biggest fear would be nine Supreme Court justices that owned guns and fiercely defended the Constitution from weasel politicians.

Other: [the adolescent mind : ] "Ohh, what if they're really cool and awesome, like sex?! What am I missing???"
Many years where I was afraid and anti - grew up where I saw gunfights and multiple people I knew were murdered, by guns - two were immediate family members of best friends.

Spelling error fixed.
I am going to vote: "Other"...as I "Think" that most anti-gun people fear the gun itself.
Having talked to many anti-gun people , many of them do not understand much , if anything , of how a firearm actually works...some people fear what they don't understand....
Andy
That's exactly why I invite people to come shooting. Had a great convo with a yUK ex-pat on Friday, invited her and her husband to come to the range.

This lack of being mind readers, on both sides of the fence, causes a lot of teeth gnashing and perceived anguish.
Ever thought the nice lady wanted to tell your fly was open and your pink poka-dotted undies were protruding?
I mean, just saying I truly hope it was your undies! :cool:
His Fly was open, and she could see the truck in the garage, and he was packing. She was wet, and turned away in disgust at herself. The lessons of Sister Anna from 5th grade still ring true to this day....

upload_2018-4-3_22-27-58.png

@Stomper, I'm sorry. It must have been hell growing up with a name like "Oscar Meyer."

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top