JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't know why some people are anti-gun.
I do know why I am pro-gun...but that might be a topic for a different thread. :D

I have a co-worker who is anti-gun...
She has made some statements like those in the OP article.

I once asked her if she was afraid of me , since I owned guns....
She said : "Well no , but you are different."
I replied that most gun owners that I know or are friends with , think and act similar to me.
My comment was lost on her , unfortunately.

At a different workplace , someone heard that I owned guns and was shocked...
I remember them saying " "But you are so nice."
I said that many gun owners are as well...again not so well received.

Often I ask anti-gun people if they have ever handled or shot a gun before.
I ask this , with the idea of ...
Taking them shooting or at least having them look and handle some of my firearms.
It is okay to not like something...but it is better to still not like it and ...
Have an actual understanding of the item and what it is specifically that you don't like about it.

In any event...
You don't have to like or own firearms....just don't make that choice for others.
Andy

Last Edited:
You don't have to like or own firearms....just don't make that choice for others.
image-asset.jpg

I don't know why some people are anti-gun.
It comes down to inherent survival mechanisms, drive for sexual reproduction and lack of understanding of math and statistics.

yeah, that's right, I'm bring back Sigmund Freud, its all about the penis.

The survival mechanism theory is easiest to visualize. We have monkey brains and monkey bodies that are build for survival and flight or fight. We are built for dealing urgent immediate dangers and not so much for long term slow death. The easiest example of this and how it pertains to guns is this statistic:

4 times as many innocent people die a year from second hand smoke than are murdered by a firearm

Second hand smoke means non-smokers exposed to smoke so usually not their fault. So go over to any random social media website and see what causes more emotions to flair. Murders caused by gun deaths or murders caused by smokers. People barely care about second hand smoke other than not wanting to smell it on a plane or in a restaurant. They barely care if people smoke as long as it is somewhere else. Smokers happily kill themselves slowly.

The survival mechanism will weigh an urgent possible death over a long term certain death. So people are way more scared of getting shot even if extremely unlikely than dying from way more common methods of lung disease or heart disease. This also demonstrates that they dont understand math or statistics. So people will freak out over guns but will barely bat an eye at nicotine execs getting rich killing millions of people, a way more heinous crime. .

I've seen roughly 100,000 to 110,000 patients over the last 22 years. People really really don't understand statistics and risks. They will avoid a mammogram because they are worried about x-ray risk of causing cancer (1 in 36982 chance) even though they have a 1 in 8 chance of breast cancer. That's so bad of bet that I doubt even Vegas would offer it.

Now for the penis theory. Why do we even have guns? Well, they were invented mostly to kill people as were a lot of amazing inventions like the nuclear bombs and 300 billion dollar B21 bombers. Why are we as a species so invested in figuring out ways to kill people? Competition for a mate is my theory. Why does Putin want to stay in power? For power. Why does the brain crave power over people? At a core, its survival of the fittest and wanting to be more powerful than everyone else which means more likely to spread genes. Why do terrorists blow themselves up? Promise of virgins in heaven because who they hell would blow themselves up if they were getting laid everyday.

So at a core, we suppress murder urges all the time. What does every movie or book show when society breaks down? Well, its a bunch of guys running around raping and killing everything with 2 legs. Men will rape other men just by being in prison and not having access to women. What's going on in Ukraine? Are we really shocked people are getting raped and murdered as soon as the society based rules change a bit during war?

So lets bring back math. People suck at math and statistics. They both think that people with guns will start murdering everyone but at the exact same time think they are safer if they don't have the ability to protect themselves. It does make some sense. If bears are killing everyone, kill the bears or remove their claws and teeth. But then they go one step further and say "we don't need tools to kill the bears, those are dangerous, lets hire a bear killer who lives 30 minutes away. "

Weird sort of messed up human mind. survival-penis driven idiots who cant reason themselves out of a paper bag (present company excluded of course)

Thanks for coming to my TED talk

I dunno. Always trying to classify people and try and talk circles about other peoples motivations in broadstroking generalizations that "sound" good....

....bunch of psychobabble BS our society seems to be steeped in the past several decades... and look where it's gotten us!! As "learned" as they pretend to be, we have more mental health issues in the U.S. than at any time in our history.

How's that been working for us?? I say.. drown the lot of the head shrinkers and go back to core societal values and personal responsibility.

I worked for a Dr. that was super anti gun and every Christmas he would give us a check for a gift . I would use that money every year to buy ammo I still laugh about it ! I thought it interesting that he hated guns but would eat elk I brought in maybe he thought it died from natural causes lol.

I worked for a Dr. that was super anti gun and every Christmas he would give us a check for a gift . I would use that money every year to buy ammo I still laugh about it ! I thought it interesting that he hated guns but would eat elk I brought in maybe he thought it died from natural causes lol.
Reminds me of my university time. Part of my tuition cost was a built in $40 for printing. Non-refundable even if I didn't print the 400 pages a quarter that it covered, and they wouldn't let it carry over either. All the assignments were turned in digitally so nothing needed to be printed.

So every quarter for about 2 years I printed 400 targets from Targetz. Com

I'm still using those years later.

Reminds me of my university time. Part of my tuition cost was a built in $40 for printing. Non-refundable even if I didn't print the 400 pages a quarter that it covered, and they wouldn't let it carry over either. All the assignments were turned in digitally so nothing needed to be printed.

Awesome !!

f83e13fc005394433a6a76a793f11042.jpg

So what you're really sayin.... when the pancramdicktick hit and bum fodder was in short supply.... you weren't in the least concerned. Right?

How is your super glue supply, though? Paper cuts sting like a mother....

🤣

(Great link. Thanks!)

So what you're really sayin.... when the pancramdicktick hit and bum fodder was in short supply.... you weren't in the least concerned. Right?

How is your super glue supply, though? Paper cuts sting like a mother....

🤣

(Great link. Thanks!)
I think I'd wipe with a newspaper, old socks, and leaves before I used letter paper.

Both my sets of grandparents who lived through the great depression raised children who understood the possibility of hard times and they raised children who could plan ahead for potential hard times.

When the toilet paper panic hit. I didn't have to think about it because I had already ample supplies bought well before the craze.

I'm still miffed about primers though. I still have my packing slip from bricks that were 29.50+Shipping/haz from 2019. While I have plenty. The current costs definitely have led me to shoot far less.

I think he forgot some of the anti gun mental illness subtypes -there's the ones that are bullies and hate the idea of someone weaker being able to defend themselves with a gun (yes I have met more then a few of the big tough arsewholes who absolutely hate guns and berate those who'd use one to defend themselves or others)…then there is also the crooks (think politicians) who don't like people armed because they fear they've done something they'd get shot over 😂

I keep my firearms ownership mostly on the DL. I can't really explain the thrill of poking holes in paper, and my primary interest is about the desire to know how something that used to be normal is now controversial works and to be competent using a tool. I didn't understand the AR until I had one and figured out it was ergonomically superior to most other types of firearms, and then it made perfect sense. In this process I began to understand other firearms owners. I can also grasp that people hunt, that some people are weaker, and some live places where there are not police to help. While I, personally am not concerned about 24/7 access to firearms it's also because I live somewhere that's pretty darn safe on the whole. I do think those who want access to firearms because they believe the world is so dangerous are a little paranoid, or are not great at realistically assessing risk. I personally am not concerned about having firearms to protect my "liberty" from government, and I'm not sure if that's because I'm an optimist—it's not likely to be an issue—or a pessimist—what could I really do if the government was really motivated to target me. (Though the Handmaid's tale does seem to make the argument for liberal firearm ownership.)

I'd be disinclined to use that tool on a human except for personal self-defense as an absolutely last resort. Even if I am armed I'm not going to kill someone over a potential loss of property if my safety isn't at risk. Take my car, it's insured, but if my kid's in it one of us is going to get shot and I'd prefer it not be me.

It is obvious that the antis can not think straight, nor consume unbiased research on the matter nor are respectful of the constitution; stuff like that....

Many, not all, seem to be fearful and unstable types...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top