JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

If you were anti-gun, what would be your greatest fear?

• That Pro-Gunners Would Organize ?

• That They would lose in any physical conflict ?

• That everyone would own a gun ?

• That they couldnt control us?

• Other... Explain

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm removing the 'liberal' portion of this post, per the site rules. There are plenty of anti-gun folks on the right as well, so the term 'anti-gun' is sufficient.

Wow, interesting question. I'm not sure I have a good response. I see no reason to fear the average gun owner because I know so many and have never feared them. Trying to put my head in the place of someone that doesn't get it though? I guess my fear would be that gun owners would some how rise up to get us - but even that is really pushing it because I can't get past the fact that gun owners just aren't those kind of folks.

Ultimately, I do think the biggest fear they really have is that they can't push all of their agendas on us so long as we can push back, with force, if necessary. And so that's how I voted above.

Spelling error fixed.

I am going to vote: "Other"...as I "Think" that most anti-gun people fear the gun itself.

Having talked to many anti-gun people , many of them do not understand much , if anything , of how a firearm actually works...some people fear what they don't understand....
Andy

Spelling error fixed.

I am going to vote: "Other"...as I "Think" that most anti-gun people fear the gun itself.

Having talked to many anti-gun people , many of them do not understand much , if anything , of how a firearm actually works...some people fear what they don't understand....
Andy

Human's, with minor exception, as a species fear what they do not understand, basically the premise of 'fight or flight' syndrome.

Wow, interesting question. I'm not sure I have a good response. I see no reason to fear the average gun owner because I know so many and have never feared them. Trying to put my head in the place of someone that doesn't get it though? I guess my fear would be that gun owners would some how rise up to get us - but even that is really pushing it because I can't get past the fact that gun owners just aren't those kind of folks.

Ultimately, I do think the biggest fear they really have is that they can't push all of their agendas on us so long as we can push back, with force, if necessary. And so that's how I voted above.

It's been drilled into peoples heads that guns are dangerous. There are hundreds of things that are dangerous, if misused. Some how the media's constant coverage of anything bad relating to firearms has pretty much brain washed the public into believing that guns are somehow evil. At the same time it seems to have changed the depressed and those on the verge of a mental break so that they see guns as a way make a final statement.

Certainly the traditional family has broken down from what it was 50 years ago, but the media's constantly push an emotion rather than just reporting has a lot to do with the public's perception of everything.

I voted "Couldn't control us" because all I get living in PDX is that our leaders ( :s0140: ) seem to feel like what ever they can come up with they believe we should do it, and like it.

from what I hear those antis talking privately & semi-coherently, is that they not only distrust but fear ANY 'non bureaucratically authorized' gun possession.

The unspoken meta-theory seems to be 'MY thugs in possession is better than YOUR thugs in possession'.

Trying to wrap my head around. Anti. Gun. Logic.
Police are here to protect us. We don't need guns
Guns are dangerous. And eventually kill people they have no use in a modern society
People should not hunt. Animals should not be killed
If we can eliminate all guns the country will be a much safer place
We can trust the government to protect us this is America

I voted other, there are two camps in my summation:
1) Unfamiliar with guns and therefor scared of them.
2) I believe there is a small camp that feel if the guns are removed, then they can continue to trample on other rights. Just look at the College Campuses to see how "Political Correctness" has taken the ability to freely discuss ideas.

The anti-gun people that I know personally never even consider they might be a victim of a crime so they don't worry or even consider they might need to protect themselves...

The anti-gun people that I know personally never even consider they might be a victim of a crime so they don't worry or even consider they might need to protect themselves...

if they do to begin to conceptualize the victim concept, they truly believe the every present LE's propaganda this group is there to 'protect and serve!'

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top