JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
  • SIG Sauer's MCX-SPEAR can fire bullets with twice the kinetic energy of an AR-15, The Daily Beast reported.
At 200 and 400yrds.... that's not entirely false. At 400 it's nearly triple that of a 5.56. Moot point though when they are trying to spout it off as some new development and never before seen levels of destruction. That's all bent over wind in the air... "we know"... but their only interest is the "scare" narrative the woke-tards want to justify stripping away citizens rights. They're scared of the population and rightly "should" be.

That's the whole point of the 2A... and it works.

Last Edited:
Mmm....
I would think that 1903 Spingfield Rifle from 1906...shooting .30-06 would easily defeat most if not all body armor.
Fun factoid. NIJ Level 4 is rated to stop at minimum, one round of .30-06 AP M2 round going typical M1 Garand velocities at 15 meters range. 7.62x51 NATO was designed to provide at least, similar ballistics of the standard .30-06 ball ammo... NIJ Level 3 is rated to stop 7.62x51 M80 ball ammo at 15 meters range. however some "Level 3" armor is incapable of stopping 5.56 M193 from a 20+" barrel at the same distances... these armor usually are 100% polyethylene or they're AR500 steel. But most Level 3+ ceramic armor do a dandy job of stopping both M193 and M855/SS109 rounds.

So, yeah. The most common armor tends to be 3A soft armor.. yeah, any rifle round usually defeats that. Level 3, most rifle rounds are stopped there, takes higher speeds and steel core or better.. Level 4, stops pretty much everything except tungsten cored ammo.

So the headline ain't nothing earth shattering.

Fear mongering indeed.
Yup
It ain't the law abiding firearm owners that are the problem here...no matter what firearms and ammo they own.
It's the criminals who harm others that are the problem.
Andy
Agreed 100%

I'm starting to get worried about how stupid the mainstream media is with regard to firearms. Most of these morons are college graduates. You'd think they'd engage in just a bit of actual fact-checking. But -- fact is, they're all 20/30-something liberals with zero technical or mechanical knowledge, the types that the Jiffy Lube workers can probably get seven or eight hundred bucks from when they take their Kias or Priuses in for oil changes....

And how stupid are our politicians? Our President can tell the nation on national TV that the 9mm handgun round "blows the lung right out" and no one calls BS on this? A Congressman can tell Americans during a televised committee hearing that a stabilizer brace can turn a semi-automatic AR pistol into a "bump stock" meaning it will become a fully-automatic "assault weapon" and the media reports this crap as truth?

We are well and truly screwed.

I am convinced the movie Idiocracy was not a Hollywood motion picture. It was prophecy. (Why do I feel a craving for some Taco Bell right now?)

I'm starting to get worried about how stupid the mainstream media is with regard to firearms. Most of these morons are college graduates. You'd think they'd engage in just a bit of actual fact-checking. But -- fact is, they're all 20/30-something liberals with zero technical or mechanical knowledge, the types that the Jiffy Lube workers can probably get seven or eight hundred bucks from when they take their Kias or Priuses in for oil changes....

And how stupid are our politicians? Our President can tell the nation on national TV that the 9mm handgun round "blows the lung right out" and no one calls BS on this? A Congressman can tell Americans during a televised committee hearing that a stabilizer brace can turn a semi-automatic AR pistol into a "bump stock" meaning it will become a fully-automatic "assault weapon" and the media reports this crap as truth?
There is a mixture of ignorance and evil. And the evil are using the ignorant to spread their fearmongering, lying agenda to the public. Nearly all of media and politicians just want to sell news or agenda, facts don't enter the equation for them. It makes our job tough.

The Jiffy Lube worker has a respectable trade.

Here's the person that wrote the crap... Uhh I mean the story..o_O
Alia Shoaib
Alia Shoaib is a junior news reporter on the weekend team, based in London.
She was previously an editorial intern at The Economist's 1843 magazine and a social media fellow at The Economist. Prior to that she was a part-time researcher for The Times foreign desk.
Alia has written articles for the The Independent, The Guardian, 1843 Magazine, The Economist, and others.
She also has an MA in International Journalism from City, University of London.
Reach her by email at [email protected] or on Twitter at @liashoaib

View attachment 1245510
Alia Shoaib
Junior News Reporter, Weekends
I have two guns i would to introduce to her. ;):D

I'm writing her a letter. Unk if she'll reply but I'm sending the ballistic tables her way. Maybe she'll take it to heart as an educational lesson.

Interesting info on the comparison here... https://fenixammo.com/pages/the-ballistics-of-5-56x45mm-vs-300-aac-blackout

Dan
I thought the same but very likely i would just send her my number, should she ever want consoling, knowing these mean machines are available to the public. Gotta show the nice armed side of me.

Most of these morons are college graduates. You'd think they'd engage in just a bit of actual fact-checking.
The education system is part of the agenda! Liberal teachers/professors who teach only what they are told! My daughter graduated college a couple years ago and we got to talking about some of the things she was learning. Nothing compared to what I was learning in high school back in my day I can tell you that. :s0155:

We are well and truly screwed.

I am convinced the movie Idiocracy was not a Hollywood motion picture. It was prophecy. (Why do I feel a craving for some Taco Bell right now?)
And that's the general knowledge held by people who grew up in this country. I don't blame a Brit for not knowing much about guns…but an American? Yea, I blame them a lot.

If they're this ignorant about something as ubiquitous in our culture as guns…how do they have any knowledge about…anything?

Now, where's my tall glass of Brawndo?

Gun Fear....
Fearing what you don't know about or understand , can be accepted ...One does not have to know or understand firearms.

However fear is also a way to control others...or be controlled.
Personally I do not like being controlled.

All that said... if you are going to give an opinion , write an article or speak about something....
It is best that you do some research on your topic..and have a basic working knowledge of just what it is that you are talking about.

And by research I mean more that looking something up on Wikipedia , Urban Dictionary or the like...
As well as cross checking your sources / references with others...
And...not just cherry picking facts and the like that reinforce your own opinion , as opposed to what something actually is....

Understanding that what you "know"...may not actually be accurate ...is a good first step in learning and losing fear.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads