JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hidden in plain sight within the letter from the Sheriff is one of the best arguments FOR the Second Amendment and making firearms quicker and easier for citizens to obtain.
We have an average response time to domestic violence calls for service of over an hour and a half.
This means when the crazy ex-boyfriend who is on drugs (because they essentially made this legal here) is trying to kick in her door and beat her to death, while she is holding up the restraining order and telling him he has to leave, she only needs to wait 90 minutes for police.

We are our own first responders.

I have fire extinguisher to use while waiting for the fire department. Same applies to guns and police.

(And this is coming from a retired LEO)

That's fine. I have pretty much all I need/want. But I would put money on them coming after people like you next. "We can't have plain old Joe (mike) American making ammo in his garage!" "We don't have the people to watch his every move to make sure he's not an enemy of the state!"

Yes, I don't believe the current government is working FOR the people anymore.
Well, I will deal with that when it comes. I'm federally licensed so even though small I'm in a much bigger boat so to speak. Here is an interesting note on how that works. During the great lock down I was allowed to move about freely because Trump said ammunition manufacturing was an essential business.

Meanwhile I hear the term " common use is for self defense" followed by "and therefore"......I say common use should be for sporting purposes, everything, sporting Clays, Cowboy action, speed steel, long distance, 2 gun , 3 gun, hunting, ect. I think shooting sports should be as common as Golf and no one is trying to take away irons and make you only use woods to play that game. Yes it will be inconvenient to (legally) buy firearms but we've had almost a year warning that this might be an issue. So I would think that anyone that had some sort of must have has gotten it already or at least should get the deal done soonish. Inconvenient, yes. End of the world, not hardly.

Some guys think they will just sell on gunbroker or another site, what happens when you ship the gun and they don't want it? Are you going through the permit system to get your own gun back from the dealer you used?

Even if you drive across state lines and use another dealer, will you get your gun back if it's returned, will Washington honor 114?

How many Oregon FFL can go a year without selling a gun while 114 is implemented? 2 years, 5 years....

How will your family sell your estate ?

I don't see how taking photos of your magazines to prove when you purchased them has any validity. For magazines that all look the same, photos are really no proof at all. Besides, anyone can change the date on their camera. The whole thing is absurd and unenforceable.

I don't see how taking photos of your magazines to prove when you purchased them has any validity. For magazines that all look the same, photos are really no proof at all. Besides, anyone can change the date on their camera. The whole thing is absurd and unenforceable.
It's proof of ownership, if you can't prove when you bought the magazines then how are they to know it's not contraband? They will confiscate our magazines if they see them in the wrong place. May even charge us if they want to.

It's impossible to comply so why create your own hoops to jump through? A simple affidavit should be the only proof needed. It's as good as another method of proof.

Basically, going through the process of self identifying, is simply giving them to rope with which to hang you. Just don't play. It's the same as feeding trolls. Playing their made up game only makes you part of the problem.

It's impossible to comply so why create your own hoops to jump through? A simple affidavit should be the only proof needed. It's as good as another method of proof.

Basically, going through the process of self identifying, is simply giving them to rope with which to hang you. Just don't play. It's the same as feeding trolls. Playing their made up game only makes you part of the problem.
There are magazines with the date of manufacture stamped into the aluminum body. Made before 114 that's plenty of proof the magazines are preban. If I go to the range I will take those if I want 30 red mags for a match.

Good Lord, you really need to step away from the computer and go play outside
I need to step away from the Rockstar, caffeine tends to get me going. :s0140: All right, this place is all yours the rest of the day and folks can just sit back and think about normallacy.

Later dudes I have things to do.

I also have some mags stamped with date of manufacture. How can I prove that I brought those into Oregon before M114 was in effect?

The answer is that I can't. The only proof is my word OR a receipt with the serial number of that particular magazine. However, there are no serial numbers on those magazines.

A STRANGE GAME. THE ONLY WINNING MOVE IS
NOT TO PLAY.

HOW ABOUT A NICE GAME OF CHESS?

The FBI has expressed, as stated in the original post, that they have no intention of running these checks for us.
Yeah, they sure as heck don't have the manpower to take that on. Just as the sheriff of Lane Co. doesn't have the labor to do what is being asked.

Senate Bill 348 was written to replace and implement M114 and was tabled as part of the walkout deal. The requirement for the FBI background check was removed from SB 348
114 was a demonstration that writers of initiatives don't necessarily know what they are doing. Yet many initiatives lacking in fact checking get passed. You might say the initiative process can be oppressive. SB 348 was crafted by the legislative process and assumes a certain level of professionalism went into it. Which might include legislative aids who can research and figure out what agencies perform what tasks.

Sherriff said that 114 will go to court in September. It's obvious that 114 will be taken to a higher court which ever way its decided here.

Kali has been fighting the magazine bans for a long time and still haven't come to a decision.
Tying these questions up in court indefinitely is a major device in the tool box of the anti-gun people. On both sides of the bench, judges on the one hand, and advocates on the other.

What does that do to NWFA when we can't buy or sell a gun?
Id say little to nothing. NWFA is about more than buying or selling guns.

We all will still own guns, shoot, reload etc. we just may not hear about many new purchases is all however...

I believe 114 will NOT prevail, at least to the degree of the permit to purchase & other extreme parts of it as well.

I have a 'hunch' there are some 'hold on a minute' things going on behind the scenes such as the possibility the proponents of the bill may have been informed it was improperly presented, rushed through and quite possibly entirely illegal.

BUT - 'they' are not simply going to say, 'Citizens, we made a mistake, so 114 is trashed and we are so sorry for the inconvenience'

What 'they' MAY be doing is working on a 'tactical retreat' in an attempt to 'save face' to avoid being seen as greater losers than we already know they are, but the smug, self righteous attitude of most left/lib/dem politicians would NEVER allow them to admit a mistake. The Supreme Court upholding the injunction is potentially a 'power play' to give the dems an 'escape clause' so to speak until they find a way out of this.

Hey, I COULD be entirely wrong but I firmly believe something is going on with this and it may ultimately come out better, although not perfect, than we are expecting. Oh, 'they' will still need to show us it passed in some form or another but I believe it will be pretty much 'watered down'.

Last Edited:
I also have some mags stamped with date of manufacture. How can I prove that I brought those into Oregon before M114 was in effect?

The answer is that I can't. The only proof is my word OR a receipt with the serial number of that particular magazine. However, there are no serial numbers on those magazines.

A STRANGE GAME. THE ONLY WINNING MOVE IS
NOT TO PLAY.

HOW ABOUT A NICE GAME OF CHESS?
War Games_play a game.png

full.gif

Id say little to nothing. NWFA is about more than buying or selling guns.

We all will still own guns, shoot, reload etc. we just may not hear about many new purchases is all however...

I believe 114 will NOT prevail, at least to the degree of the permit to purchase & other extreme parts of it as well.

I have a 'hunch' there are some 'hold on a minute' things going on behind the scenes such as the possibility the proponents of the bill may have been informed it was improperly presented, rushed through and quite possibly entirely illegal.

BUT - 'they' are not simply going to say, 'Citizens, we made a mistake, so 114 is trashed and we are so sorry for the inconvenience'

What 'they' MAY be doing is working on a 'tactical retreat' in an attempt to 'save face' to avoid being seen as greater losers than we already know they are, but the smug, self righteous attitude of most left/lib/dem politicians would NEVER allow them to admit a mistake. The Supreme Court upholding the injunction is potentially a 'power play' to give the dems an 'escape clause' so to speak until they find a way out of this.

Hey, I COULD be entirely wrong but I firmly believe something is going on with this and it may ultimately come out better, although not perfect, than we are expecting. Oh, 'they' will still need to show us it passed in some form or another but I believe it will be pretty much 'watered down'.
They never retreat, they will just move on to something even more idiotic like banning 2-ply toilet paper. When they come for my Charmin, that's when the gloves come off :)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews