JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Your list is good, go with that. Just pick up an ar15 lower or two. Get uppers down the road. Then get a saiga 12 and 762. The saiga 12 is an investment, they are only going to go up. Then get a bunch of 30 round AR and AK mags.

AKs are on the top of the left's short list. They're still reasonably priced (Obama must not appear to be the shoe-in some people think he is) and could make someone triple the money easily should the worst happen. All you have to worry about is staying away from quantities the ATF might conclude that you are in business without an FFL...

AR lowers may be similar, but there are so many outfits cranking out AR clones I don't pretend to know how that would effect the market if the left seizes the WH and Congress both.

Some claim early 2009 for the HK416 civilian version dubbed the MR223. Some claim the same time frame for the HK417 civilian version, the MR308, and some say later. I dont think anyone knows for sure.

I'm with you on that one though. An MR308 or even an MR223 would be awesome. I think they are currently for sale in Germany. I remember reading something about HK setting up a factory in the US so they could produce stuff here and not have to import it? Who knows when that will come to fruition though.

Well, given how the market is doing, selling that stock might have saved you some money. You can always get more money, but you may not be able to get another gun.

Of the three you listed, I'd get the AR and a bunch of magazines. That's what I basically did three months ago (due to the potentially changing political winds) - bought an LMT AR and a bunch of magazines. I actually didn't want an AR all that much, but now that I have one, I kind of like it.

Another thing to think about: do you have any high-cap handguns currently or plan to get some in the future? If so, you might want to get some magazines for those. Even if you don't currently own a high-cap handgun, it's likely you'll be able to get one (like a G19), just not the high-cap mags.

Now that I've paid off the LMT, I'm looking at whether to get something else. I was looking at buying another AK, but frankly, I'm just not that enthusiastic about getting one. Most of the ones around here are junky, Arsenals are way too expensive, and the nice mid-priced ones (Lancaster) require a bunch of work to buy/ship/FFL/etc.

The guns that interest me right now - 1911s, 642s, 308 bolt-actions, M1As, Garands, SXS shotguns - probably won't be affected, so they're on the list as needed.

I'm looking at buying a Dan Wesson Pointman 7 next month.

That's a great gun - definitely high on my list. DJ's Loan in Bothell has one that doesn't look like it's been used much for $750 (if you're still looking)

That's a great gun - definitely high on my list. DJ's Loan in Bothell has one that doesn't look like it's been used much for $750 (if you're still looking)

Hmmmm maybe I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the tip. New one online would cost $830 plus transfer fee. I dont suppose you've seen a PM9 languishing around waiting to go home? A guy on THR had 2 of the PM9s from the 30 or so made in '08 that I was looking at but I'd prefer to find one locally or get one straight from the source.

Firearms investments Probably best investment is CMP stuff. Still surplus
ammo at .30 a round to feed their M-1 Garands that is reasonable priced
compared to other stuff. Also their 30 Carbines with good capacity sub
for pistols. Soft nosed bullets fed through them leave awsome results at
around 2000 fps. Handloads run under $90 per 500 if ya got the empties.
Draw back is they come without magazines and slings. The Garand also
no sling or enbloc clips. All stuff that is not hard to find. Also parts
market still good. Really not sure how long some imports will remain easy
to find stuff for. So far I have several of each and have not had anything
break or malfunction was use. Until the early 60s, the M-1 Garand was the
TO weapon for the Marines. With the present sights on them targets
were fired on up to 500 yards, prone.

That one is fullsize, which is what I'll hopefully be getting soon.

Here's the carbine length:

IMG_5526.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews