JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
YOU SHUT YOUR FACE!!!!

.... 50 ain't old

:p

Damn straight. And as soon as I put down the prunes and pick up my cane, I'm gonna waddle over to Elmer's, order dinner at 4:30, and contemplate prostate issues.
Anybody have some Depends I can borrow? Though you might not want them back...

It would be quite an elaborate scheme but being it's Halloween time.......
Older teen, grey wig, apply some high quality old lady/man wrinkly make up and presto! Walk out of the shop with a 6pack and some cigs!
I'm afraid if I owned a business I'd require I.D. on everyone I didn't know well. Who needs to be sued for all you have later down the road if a minor DUI crashes?? Ammo as well.

If Cabela's is doing more than just checking D.O.B. on every customer then it's a problem for me though!
If they are recording DL#s I mean.

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

As a matter of fact. I walked out of a Walmart for that very thing and left the beer and woine on the counter. I am 68.
The sign states that anyone that looks under 40 will be carded.
They and the rest of the idiots can screwthemsleves. Including Cabellas. They have an attitude there anyway.
And the BS they pulled on member on the grand opening was pure BS.

Here in Vancouver the signs say they check ID for ALL purchases of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. And they do!! We bought 4 - $1 bottles of wine, maybe 8 oz total and they carded me. I'll be 68 in Jan and I look it!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member
WAC member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

I bought some this afternoon at Disk's, and they ask for ID as well. Is there some new regulation started?

Actually I don't mind much, since I am new to firearms. I can see this could be a sore point for people used to the old way.

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

Here in Vancouver the signs say they check ID for ALL purchases of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. And they do!! We bought 4 - $1 bottles of wine, maybe 8 oz total and they carded me. I'll be 68 in Jan and I look it!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member
WAC member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

It is the idiocy I won't accommodate. Safeway, Albertsons, Freddies has good enough prices for me. I don't need walmarts ignorant bs.

Which was?

Not all the sale signs were up on the pre opening day for established members.
They said they were not getting any rimfire, nor that they had any on the pre grand opening day.
Then on the day of grand opening they pulled it out for the new people.
Also they did not offer the gift cards to established customers, but they did to new ones the next day. They should have let old time customers know that ahead of time. We would have waited a day to go there.
I found out and complained to them, and a mgr went back and brought out a brick each of 525 for my wife and I. That was an unethical practice in my mind. They had plenty in backstock and only used it as a come on for an hr or two in the AM.
They still do that.
I can see limits, but the withholding like that is BS and lying to established customers in favor of new customers was BS.

I bought some this afternoon at Disk's, and they ask for ID as well. Is there some new regulation started?

Actually I don't mind much, since I am new to firearms. I can see this could be a sore point for people used to the old way.

So give away America by attrition...............???????????????????????

I'm guessing the policy is in place to keep 15 yr olds from purchasing ammo to shoot up school cafeterias. I have no problem showing ID for other things; to me this is just another one of those things. Back when I used to smoke cigarettes I remember there being a sign that read "we card everyone" Fine by me. Buy a firearm from an FFL dealer and there is more info than your DOB to worry about on that form. Unless Cabelas wanted to make a copy or hand write info down; I wouldn't worry about it. I'm actually glad that they are making an effort to keep ammo out of the hands of children.

I'm guessing the policy is in place to keep 15 yr olds from purchasing ammo to shoot up school cafeterias. I have no problem showing ID for other things; to me this is just another one of those things. Back when I used to smoke cigarettes I remember there being a sign that read "we card everyone" Fine by me. Buy a firearm from an FFL dealer and there is more info than your DOB to worry about on that form. Unless Cabelas wanted to make a copy or hand write info down; I wouldn't worry about it. I'm actually glad that they are making an effort to keep ammo out of the hands of children.

When they ask a 68 yr old for ID to show they are over 18 or even 21, that shows me that they are ignorant enough that I cannot trust them with my money, or my food, or my beverages. There is a certain amount of ignorance there that goes beyond the dumb farm.

When they ask a 68 yr old for ID to show they are over 18 or even 21, that shows me that they are ignorant enough that I cannot trust them with my money, or my food, or my beverages. There is a certain amount of ignorance there that goes beyond the dumb farm.
I'm sure that it is company policy and a condition of their employment to follow procedure and not so much ignorance.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top