JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anybody know the law about out-of-state purchases? I live in Washington state, and as you may know, we no longer can purchase certain type of rifles and I'm wondering, can I go to any neighboring states purchase a rifle, but still reside in my state

Does anybody know the law about out-of-state purchases? I live in Washington state, and as you may know, we no longer can purchase certain type of rifles and I'm wondering, can I go to any neighboring states purchase a rifle, but still reside in my state
Out of state (to you) FFL's are generally required to observe the laws of your state of residency. FFL's have 100% discretion to either sell or not.

Generally, a resident from one state can "face to face" purchase a long gun ONLY from an FFL in any state of the union they may find themselves in PROVIDED that particular gun is legal to own/possess in your state of residence.

In the scenario you've outlined you're unlikely going to find an FFL in another state who will "face to face" sell you a long gun on the current "ban list" of WA state.

Lol, you ask on a public forum how to break the law, makes me wonder what your ATF badge number is.

Lol

Ok fed.
bold-strategy-cotton.jpg

"Can you"? Yes. You can buy a long gun out of state. You "can" go to another state and buy a gun no longer allowed to be sold here. Now if you buy from a dealer they "should" be looking at the state you live in and notice and say no. Some may not. You could also go to another state that allows face to face and buy. Now after that are you planing on bringing the gun to WA? If so you just admitted you know you are trying to skirt the law on a public forum. If you get in a jam later? Would it really be worth it? Adult choices, adult consequences. :s0092:

Not naming any names here but, sometimes there's a fine line between ignorance and stupidity.
LONG before Al came up with the idea of the net I would see a LOT of really "dumb" crap. I used to write it off to people just not knowing better. Flash forward many decades and it seems to get worse now that the info in carried around in everyone's pocket. :confused:
Look at the kid who walked into the shop with the "ghost gun" to find out if they had a holster to fit. Just a small example. How much NFA stuff is being held and made daily? Bad enough to do this but now many brag about doing it and order the stuff to their home, paid for with a credit card. :confused:

In the scenario you've outlined you're unlikely going to find an FFL in another state who will "face to face" sell you a long gun on the current "ban list" of WA state.
I suspect the chances of an FFL knowing/caring/adhering to the laws of WA state would be directly proportional to the distance from WA state. E.G., FFLs near the OR/WA or WA/ID border would probably know/care/adhere to WA state laws on types of guns/etc., while S. Dakota FFLs may not.

I suspect the chances of an FFL knowing/caring/adhering to the laws of WA state would be directly proportional to the distance from WA state. E.G., FFLs near the OR/WA or WA/ID border would probably know/care/adhere to WA state laws on types of guns/etc., while S. Dakota FFLs may not.
Current rumors are directly opposite of that. This is anecdotal, but very recent. A high end ffl in Montana is basically done selling to WA state IDs . Unfortunately, it makes sense from a business standpoint.

The plan is working.

Current rumors are directly opposite of that. This is anecdotal, but very recent. A high end ffl in Montana is basically done selling to WA state IDs . Unfortunately, it makes sense from a business standpoint.

The plan is working.
MT is still close to WA state and probably gets WA state buyers enough to know better.

S. Dakota? Where is WA state? Never heard of it.

The plan is working.
I would suspect FFL's in this day and age have info at their finger tips to warn them. I know if I had a small business that relied on me having an FFL in this time? I sure as hell would be keeping up to date on whats what. Many here are always on a huge hate campaign for any business that just decides to not service WA. My take on this is voters here did this to themselves. Its not the business people who should be sticking their neck out for a bunch of people who do nothing while these laws go in.

I would suspect FFL's in this day and age have info at their finger tips to warn them. I know if I had a small business that relied on me having an FFL in this time? I sure as hell would be keeping up to date on whats what. Many here are always on a huge hate campaign for any business that just decides to not service WA. My take on this is voters here did this to themselves. Its not the business people who should be sticking their neck out for a bunch of people who do nothing while these laws go in.
Hell, I can't keep up with the status and details of all of the OR/WA gun control laws - I don't think every FFL, especially the smaller ones, 1300 miles away from WA is going to be that interested the details and status of our gun control fights.

Hell, I can't keep up with the status and details of all of the OR/WA gun control laws - I don't think every FFL, especially the smaller ones, 1300 miles away from WA is going to be that interested the details and status of our gun control fights.
I am sure they don't which is why some are just washing their hands of it and saying "live in WA, can't help you. This gets some here all spun up screaming for boycott and even demanding people sue the place. Like that will "fix" this mess? :(

Yes you can go to a neighboring state, however no mags over 10 rounds, no AR rifles, parts. You can buy scopes but that is it Wash HB 1143 and I think 1240

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top