JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe you were a little extreme,........But I believe that it's a good thing for Bi-Mart management to know how sportsmen feel about this. Guns and ammo is a large component of Bi-Mart's business.
It is. They always sell a pile of ammo at the Sportsman's Show in Eugene in February. Now they have opened an affiliated store - Cascade Farm and Outdoor in Springfield. I went in there the other day just to check it out. They had a Colt Anaconda and a bunch of other guns in their display case, plus 9mm ammo for $8.99 a box of 50.

ETA: Oops. That was actually $9.99. I bought a couple of boxes, but it was a brand I've never tried before (Buffalo Cartridge), or I would have bought more.

Last Edited:
Maybe you were a little extreme,........But I believe that it's a good thing for Bi-Mart management to know how sportsmen feel about this. Guns and ammo is a large component of Bi-Mart's business.
Well first, I deleted the post because I try to not post "rants" but slipped up this time. The reason I protested wasn't so much that they wanted my birthdate. Heck, I bought ammo in the 70's when you had to enter all your personal info in a book to buy ammo. I protested because I felt it wrong for an Idaho resident, buying ammo in Idaho, to have to conform to another state's laws, just because that's where the company is based. Would an Oregon resident be ok with having to conform to California or Washington's laws, within the state of Oregon? At some point, people have to speak up or we can watch our rights erode away. OK, I'm done ranting.

I don't carry my ID, just a note

RonSwansonNote.png

you have to know the password, and Cabelas is the same way. secret password to get the worker to actual go in the back and look and find the item you are asking for that they keep hidden in the back room Cabelas is doing with more and more items, powder, primers, dies, all reloading stuff is being hidden even from employees that arent willing to look hard enough to fins it.

Back in the days when Radio Shack asked for an address, I always said "1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, DC."

Most of the time, they caught on before they started writing it down. Most of the time. :rolleyes:

Well first, I deleted the post because I try to not post "rants" but slipped up this time. The reason I protested wasn't so much that they wanted my birthdate. Heck, I bought ammo in the 70's when you had to enter all your personal info in a book to buy ammo. I protested because I felt it wrong for an Idaho resident, buying ammo in Idaho, to have to conform to another state's laws, just because that's where the company is based. Would an Oregon resident be ok with having to conform to California or Washington's laws, within the state of Oregon? At some point, people have to speak up or we can watch our rights erode away. OK, I'm done ranting.
Trust me, I get that! Valid point, too.

I was just in Bi-Mart in Oregon City. The guy in line before me was buying beer. He got carded and he's older than me! (61) Because of this thread I kept my eyes on what the clerk did with his ID. She typed his birthdate into the computer. Didn't even scan it like Plaid Pantry and Freddy's do.
I can see the store wanting to do that with age restricted items, showing a valid birthdate right on the transaction.

The Bimart in my town has a cashier who asks for ID where most others do not. I have purchased firearm paraphernalia from said cashier where she doesn't ask and other times where she does.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top