JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
shoot, about the only thing I grab from Cabela's these days are their flannels when they go on sale. I don't even set foot in their firearm area since I know and expect it to be lackluster.

I'd look less at the box stores - they serve their purposes - but I'd have hit up the smaller shops while you were in town. Curt's, Rifleworks, etc., all have normal capacity mags.

They are a direct partner with the NRA, so they do directly support pure 2A initiatives. I know we can purity test the NRA itself too, but that have a pretty decent track record of legislative results, even with all the baggage they have. I do not view most of those discussions as "either/or" however, but rather take a more "big tent" view. Support who is getting done what you want getting done, and support the other groups with whatever cooperation and encouragement you can. It's not like there can only be a set amount of people on the field at any one time. As long as we do not let differences in strategy or opinion get in the way of cooperation with those who share similar goals we can make significant progress. Or biggest problems occur when we "no true scottsman" our way into dividing ourselves into competing factions that no longer cooperate.
And Id argue the NRA isnt pro 2A either. The NRA hasnt done anything meaningful for us in a long time. In fact hindered us by giving into the NFA registry in 1934 and the Assault weapons ban in 1994

Here's a big tent topic, imports. They can regulate US companies with taxes to make gun ownership impossible for the average citizen to be able to buy. Imports level the playing field by keeping prices in check. More firearms in the market place is better for the consumer.

The NRA has done nothing to push back on any of the importation bans because they secured a "sporting purpose" clause for their members that only care about hunting. Meanwhile we went from getting full auto military imports, to semi auto military imports, to 922R compliance, to barrels having to be torched cut to now trunnions being cut. It has effectively killed the parts kit market.

This is just another reason I say the NRA is not our friend.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews