JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That would be common sense when some gray-haired wrinkled old fart came up with a 6 pack and a basket of groceries. Common sense is pretty much non existent in the store close to where I live, so I just quit going there. As stated, I would not trust that much ignorance with handling my food.

I'm not that wrinkled. And the dye job is holding up pretty well, actually. ;)

It sounds a lot like the "zero-tolerance" nonsense that the schools started when they decided that teachers can be trusted with our children, but not with value judgments.

A lot of places do that, with ammo, cigs, alcohol they have to enter a valid dob.
Being a smart arse to some kid making $8/hr is an honorable thing to do.
Don't shop there, fine.
Write a letter to the company, fine.
Talk to the manager, fine.
Coping a tude with a kid try to what he has to is a richard move.

Most restaurants now will id you even if your 100 years old.
Don't be mad at them, be made at the people that sue them or the law makers/ liberals that come after retailers for what some idiot does.

I actually God carded at wmart for buying an r rated movie. I was probably 37 or 38 at the time. I told the half wit doing this to try & apply a little common sense because I'm clearly over 18. Alas,common sense was beyond her capabilities & I had to insult her(went right over her head) & walk away.

Some grocery stores ask to see your ID and enter your DOB into the computer for beer sales. Some clerks just enter their own DOB so as not to annoy you. The requirement is that they verify that the purchaser is over 21. The POS software may require an entry to prove that the clerk has made the verification. It's not that unusual, especially with large retail chains.

If you really think that they are entering any other information, then ask them. If it were me, they would be ringing up a big fat No Sale if they entered anything besides age information!

A lot of places do that, with ammo, cigs, alcohol they have to enter a valid dob.
Being a smart arse to some kid making $8/hr is an honorable thing to do.
Don't shop there, fine.
Write a letter to the company, fine.
Talk to the manager, fine.
Coping a tude with a kid try to what he has to is a richard move.

Most restaurants now will id you even if your 100 years old.
Don't be mad at them, be made at the people that sue them or the law makers/ liberals that come after retailers for what some idiot does.

Again "Most" So patronize the ones that have some intelligence. Again if they are not intelligent enough to tell a 60+ yr old from a 21 yr old, do you really want them handling your food. Sorry, no vote here and I walk on any place that does this crap. They can zero tolerance themselves to the poorhouse for all I care.
I still have free choice. They also have the choice to stop being stupid.

The reason that stores card for booze is because the penalties for selling to someone underage is so bad that they have their cash registers set up so that the sale can't be completed without the DOB being entered. My wife works for Albertsons is 55 years old and the checkers she has worked with for the last 27+ years still have to enter her DOB when she buys wine.

I would assume BiMart Cabelas etc. selling ammo which you have an age restriction on 18 for rifle 21 for pistol is doing the same thing to avoid the clerk making a mistake that ends up costing the store thousands of dollars. Because some state or federal agency was running a sting.

Not doing business with a store because they've established a policy to cover their butts seems a little ridiculous to me. The term "cranky old fart" comes to mind. :D

Smiling, smiling, smiling when I say that!

BiMart gets my money. Have been shopping there for almost 40 years and have never been asked for ID on any Alcohol, Tobacco(quit 9 years ago) or Ammo purchase. I am half bald(every thing else is snow white including my full beard), have no teeth, am hard of hearing, use a cane or walker to get around and my doctor says my body age is 1o-15 years older than my chronological age of 63. Anybody who can't see I am over 21 must have worst problems than I do.

Not doing business with a store because they've established a policy to cover their butts seems a little ridiculous to me. The term "cranky old fart" comes to mind. :D

Smiling, smiling, smiling when I say that!

:D Hey I resemble that remark.

What makes the old guys cranky is they have put up with this government BS all their lives. Comes a point when there is no sense in putting up with the constant annoyance.;)

Know some of the store system bring up a tab if you are buying age limited items. So to finish the transaction they have to type in a date.

Instead of hassling an old customer they can put a dummy date there. That would make more sense.
It is called common sense.

:D Hey I resemble that remark.

What makes the old guys cranky is they have put up with this government BS all their lives. Comes a point when there is no sense in putting up with the constant annoyance.;)

YOU GET IT ...HOOORAHHH :D
That is a good compliment from an mean pizzed off old guy LOL :D:D:D

YOU GET IT ...HOOORAHHH :D
That is a good compliment from an mean pizzed off old guy LOL :D:D:D

:D Now don't pick on me, I have had a pretty good day not having to deal with them little annoyances. Deal is none of those annoying businesses will even miss my money because they have plenty of sheep that put up with their BS service.o_O

:D Now don't pick on me, I have had a pretty good day not having to deal with them little annoyances. Deal is none of those annoying businesses will even miss my money because they have plenty of sheep that put up with their BS service.o_O

Yeah they do, but when it comes night I sleep a little easier knowing I don't support them. I know I don't make a hill of beans difference to them, but a couple more like me here and there and they will feel it eventually. Maybe not, But like I said, I will sleep better at night :)
Sheep eventually get sheered.

Must be nice to have nothing else to worry about in life besides providing proof you're old enough to by a product. Their system just requires them to insert a date. Dont take it out on the minimum wage person just following the rules.

If you think they're tracking what ammo you buy then make sure you watch for the black helicopter waiting for you above the parking lot.

I went to a Super WalMart and a woman cashier wanted my ID, in frustration I showed her my DL she then ripped it out of my hand and tried to remove it from my wallet, I grabbed it back and walked out leaving several $100 in LTF on the conveyer belt.
WinCo was happy to take my money w/o the hassle
LTF????

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top