JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, after continuously telling people to stop panicking and start being rational regarding guns purchases I disregarded my own advice and bought a gun I didn't really want today simply because I was afraid I might not be able to get one later. I was at Brightwater when their shipment came in today and in that shipment was a new Colt LE 6940 (with the monolithic upper). I already knew I was a hypocrite...now everyone else does too. I do not have a pic yet, but it looks just like this one.

coltle6940.jpg

coltle6940.jpg

No judgement here. I bought a LE 6920 on 12/15/12 (but I was in FULL panic mode!), what's the deal with the monolithic upper? Do you mind me asking the price?

No judgement here. I bought a LE 6920 on 12/15/12 (but I was in FULL panic mode!), what's the deal with the monolithic upper? Do you mind me asking the price?
I actually like the monolithic upper. I think it adds rigidity and strength. Plus, it gives me that continuous rail look that I like. I have it on my AR10 and my AR 15 pistol. I think the retail price was $1525 or $1545. I ended up paying just under the MSRP after taxes.

Nice Penguin. Looking forward to your hypocrite video. Next time leave the text up longer. I have a hard time reading and laughing in time to read the next bit. LOL

Just a suggestion :s0114::s0155:

I could see how that would make a difference. I don't have too much expereince with different AR-15 platforms, both of mine are the standard carry handle and front post sight. My next big rifle purchase is going to be an AR-10 that I'll use primarily for hunting. Any suggestions on a make I should keep an eye out for? Thanks.

I could see how that would make a difference. I don't have too much expereince with different AR-15 platforms, both of mine are the standard carry handle and front post sight. My next big rifle purchase is going to be an AR-10 that I'll use primarily for hunting. Any suggestions on a make I should keep an eye out for? Thanks.
Right now? Keep an eye out for one that isn't prices at three times what it is worth. otherwise, I am hardly an expert on AR platform guns either.

You sad, sad, sad man.

I won't berate you too much as you've already acknowledged your own hypocritical behavior and it sounds like you didn't get screwed too badly but still c'mon man. Where is the self-control? Oh well at least you have a nice rifle to show for it and furthermore if some bad news comes out of the gun control panel tomorrow you could easily sell it for 2x what you paid.

And in the end aren't we all just hungry hungry hippo-crits?

I doubt there would be many people on this board that wouldn't have made that score. I pulled the trigger on a Colt LE6920 magpul on the 24th of December that just happened to arrive with a special order revolver I had waiting months for.

I did feel guilty for spending that much money on myself right before Christmas, but I'm way over it now.

Better to be lucky in this market!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads