JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I want to say it has a lot to do with desperation more than anything. You have companies out there that know the demand is through the roof but they have no ammo available to sell. So these companies desperately find any ammo to sell since many domestic brands have skipped the middle men during this panic and started selling direct. The middle men have looked elsewhere for stuff to sell.

Lately I have been buying the Ammo Inc brand from NWA and it has turned out to be really good stuff and American made. Paying these prices suck, but at least I am back to the range and I can shoot all I want without digging into my stock pile.

It's weird knowing each trip the range costs me $80-$100

Last Edited:
I've heard of several to many guns blown up while shooting Winchester white box ammo
Have you actually seen one. Every ka-boom I've ever seen or heard of has been from reloads. That includes 3 Glocks at different GSSF matches in California and one 1911 a gunsmith showed me. Plus several revolver pics in gun magazines over the years. Every one of these blown guns was wrecked by reloads. I have seen poor ammo from factories with turned or flipped primers but have no personal knowledge of over-charged factory ammo.

Have you actually seen one. Every ka-boom I've ever seen or heard of has been from reloads. That includes 3 Glocks at different GSSF matches in California and one 1911 a gunsmith showed me. Plus several revolver pics in gun magazines over the years. Every one of these blown guns was wrecked by reloads. I have seen poor ammo from factories with turned or flipped primers but have no personal knowledge of over-charged factory ammo.
There was something about the Hornady Frontier 5.56 loads in a specific lot that got recalled I think? Several ARFCOM members showed pictures of overpressure damage and ka-booms? (AR15 com forum)

Yeah, so far only Wolf steel case is it for lower priced 6.5 Grendel ammo.. and its currently within $10-15 of Hornady's 123gr offerings.. although I paid something like $35 a box for the Hornady Custom SST 123gr at Sportsman's.... I paid as low as $18 a box for the Hornady Frontier 123gr FMJ ammo, and $25-27 a box for the ELD Match/Black (supposedly the same thing according to a Grendel forum?)

I'd like to see more offerings coming up for 6.5 Grendel, especially for imported and US other than Hornady/Remington/Winchester/Olin.
No kidding,I Truly regret buying my CZ in 6.5 Grendel, high cost ammo and no mags, the few mags that are out there, the carpetbaggers want 75/85 per mag, its nutz. Thank God for my mighty Mosin, can plink all day long. 7.62x54R yippie.

Nope, nope, quality control across the board for 100+ years has been incident free. A factory load has never been over charged and damaged or destroyed a gun. :D

No kidding,I Truly regret buying my CZ in 6.5 Grendel, high cost ammo and no mags, the few mags that are out there, the carpetbaggers want 75/85 per mag, its nutz. Thank God for my mighty Mosin, can plink all day long. 7.62x54R yippie.
What, I've never paid more than $20 a magazine for the 20rd CPD Duramags and 10rd Mags were $15-17 each...

Lately I have been buying the Ammo Inc brand from NWA and it has turned out to be really good stuff and American made. Paying these prices suck, but at least I am back to the range and I can shoot all I want without digging into my stock pile.

It's weird knowing each trip the range costs me $80-$100
I've seen some Ammo Inc pop up in the classifieds here in plastic cases. I never saw the brand prior to the covid lockdown ammo panic. I'm not dead set at turning my nose up to their 300BO subsonic. I believe there are some 110's listed here in the classifieds but I don't have a use for a whole bunch of random supersonic in my stash. I probably wouldn't mind running some of their subs through the can before I purchased any in bulk. I'm also not apposed to Freedoms Hush line if I can ever get my hands on a box to try.

What, I've never paid more than $20 a magazine for the 20rd CPD Duramags and 10rd Mags were $15-17 each...
No it for the CZ 527 LUX/American, when I bought the rifle, it came with 1 5rd mag, extra mags were like 29/35..I bought 2 spares thinking ill pick up a few more later on...guess what there is no more later on lololool.

I've heard of several to many guns blown up while shooting Winchester white box ammo
Not a fan of WWB, mostly on the dirty and inconsistent side. I've also been a little more than cautious with Frontier as well. I've had a few rounds of Frontier 5.56 that have shown signs of over-pressure and bulged cases.

There is some foreign brands that have worked out ok.

I definitely stay away from reman/reload. Too many scary experiences from poor quality control.

Not a fan of WWB, mostly on the dirty and inconsistent side. I've also been a little more than cautious with Frontier as well. I've had a few rounds of Frontier 5.56 that have shown signs of over-pressure and bulged cases.

There is some foreign brands that have worked out ok.

I definitely stay away from reman/reload. Too many scary experiences from poor quality control.
Yeah I would never use Frontier ammo, so dirty.

Winchester has domestic ammo plants in East Alton, Illinois and Oxford, Mississippi. They also have the current contract for running Lake City. Most current white box, but not all, comes out of LC.

The Oxford plant is a $100 million dollar facility. It is one of the largest ammo plants in the world.

Winchester, because it now has the LC contract, claims to be the largest ammo manufacturer in the world.

Winchester has domestic ammo plants in East Alton, Illinois and Oxford, Mississippi. They also have the current contract for running Lake City. Most current white box, but not all, comes out of LC.

The Oxford plant is a $100 million dollar facility. It is one of the largest ammo plants in the world.

Winchester, because it now has the LC contract, claims to be the largest ammo manufacturer in the world.
Yeah I never had any issue with the whitebox stuff, I had found it that over time it seems to make my 9mm pistols really dirty, but then some does Buffalo Bores high end rifle ammo..

I can attest I still get into some older head stamp Federal LC M2 Ball and modern XM193. I hope Winchester can match or beat the quality of Federal LC cause I'll certainly gobble up any cans of Federal I come across before I start dipping into the new Winchester LC stuff.

A (long) while back I shot Monarch 12 gauge field loads with no problem. Also have shot HSM ammo in my revolvers without a hiccup. I've been seeing more 'Armscor" ammo around lately but not sure if made in the US or the Philippines.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews