JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Heading out to the range this morning I thought I would stop by Bimart and pick up some ammo, NOPE!

Stopped by three and all were cleaned out of 9mm, just 2 weeks ago they had more 9mm than they knew what to do with.

I have plenty, but when it's cheap I still prefer to buy a few boxes for range day. They didn't say anything about banning ammo, yet.... Chill out!

Last Edited:
Not just ammo, reloading components too. (Not that it ever let up)
Ever try to get used 30-30 brass casings?
Hell, they once were littering the shooting haunts on BLM, never had to actually purchase any till a few years ago.
Even muzzleloading supplies have dried up. Not talking about just caps/primers either:mad:

When and if 9mm gets back close to $160 per case, that's when the panic will stop.

Until then it's all going to be hard to find and when you do, most likely it's going to be at scalpers prices.

Just my 2¢

Every Presidential election. Depending on who gets elected (or predicted to get elected) causes an ammo crunch.
People have been slow to learn but maybe, slowly, more people are catching on and ramping up ammo purchases?

1yr 7mo away from deciding the next prez.

Every Presidential election. Depending on who gets elected (or predicted to get elected) causes an ammo crunch.
People have been slow to learn but maybe, slowly, more people are catching on and ramping up ammo purchases?

1yr 7mo away from deciding the next prez.
It's already decided for us. Not necessarily because of cheating but because the red team doesn't show up when it counts

Beware some of the online prices. Fe blazer brass 9mm is $219 per 1000 at locked and loaded but insured shipping is $40 there bringing it up to the current standard of 24-25 cpr.

Heading out to the range this morning I thought I would stop by Bimart and pick up some ammo, NOPE!

Stopped by three and all were cleaned out of 9mm, just 2 weeks ago they had more 9mm than they knew what to do with.

I have plenty, but when it's cheap I still prefer to buy a few boxes for range day. They didn't say anything about banning ammo, yet.... Chill out!
I had the same issue with Bimart so I finally just ordered 20 boxes of 9mm from Ammoman.com and got it pretty fast.

Bimart and sportsman's had brazer .380 at $24-$26 for 50 round box fmj. I found it at lax ammo/freedom for 1/2 that price. So far all the ammo I've gotten from them has been solid. And received free shipping during seasonal promotional events.

Multiple influences at work. Temperature/weather getting better=more outdoor activities.
9mm in particular has come off stupid prices at brick and mortar retailers. Not everyone is plugged in to the weekly prices, so a casual shooter might be excited about sub $300 a case and buy a few. I doubt stores are limiting anymore, so that factors in.
Anxiety that tomorrow might see a freeze in buying certain guns could have some spending everything on ammo instead of risking a limbo gun.
We all just got a raise at work, not sure if others are too.
??tax refunds??

These panics follow easy to see trends. "Mass shootings", then screaming about more laws, elections. Some times all of it comes together to make the perfect storm. With all the shooting and new laws I did start to order more of common stuff. .22 at .06 is about as low as it will be ever again so multiple cases ordered. 9mm brass at $260 a case shipped is again as low as its going to go, so several cases of that last few months. Anyone waiting for the stuff to go back to price it was before the last panic is deluding themselves. We printed money like no end and we got the inflation that comes from that. There will sooner or later be another full blown panic and as always happens a LOT of people will be caught off guard and mad. :s0092:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top