JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not sure if PPU is considered off brand but when 243 was impossible to find or peak expense if you could. I came across some PPU for 15-16$ a box for the 90 grain soft point 243win I only bought 3 boxes but it's crazy accurate out to 540yards so far (MOA). 400yard no kidding 3in 3 shot group. Almost identical trajectory as nosler BT 90gr except ppu maybe more accurate out of my xblot (my model 70 not so much quite bad actually) I say may because I have not shot the nosler BT at over 400yards. I know I will probably not see that price again but damn sure wouldn't just buy 3 boxes again. I think PPU is Italian but I'm sure an American got his cut. 👍🏽

My work colleague bought a lot of Winchester white box in 9mm and .223 and does not seem to have any issues. He stocked over time by going to Walmart when they sold common calibers.

A lot of ammo is former Eastern-Bloc manufacture (Russian factories in another country), although some of the shotgun ammo is Turkish. I don't think any of it is garbage, and in fact I think the USA has more shady ammo companies than anywhere else (remanufactured "manufacturers" with components of dubious origin). Some of the ex-Commie ammo burns pretty dirty, but is great for Commie-style weapons.

I remember the good old days when people looked down their nose at Fiocchi "I-Talian" ammo. Still one of my favorite brands.

In the 1980s, everyone was laughing at a certain new pistol. It was PLASTIC!!! Just because a brand is unknown here does not reflect its quality or the history of its maker. Virtually every imported "off-brand" or "cheap ammo" currently on sale has been making their product longer than Glock.

Oh, and for those who have heard of this gun or that blowing up with certain brands of ammo, but never saw this happen, I call BS.

Black ace don't make their ammo it's just Italian ammo they buy and out their name on it like they don't make their guns they are the cheapest Turkish bubblegum guns on the market

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews