JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hope this general area works for safe talk. I currently have this safe:
http://www.amazon.com/Stack-®-Safe-Combination-Lock/dp/B000LZMW7I
41xilNsTUGL._SS500_.jpg

I actually got it from Sports Authority for only like $220 a couple months ago, it was a GREAT deal. I stuck it in my closet and bolted it to the wall and then put a LED "tap light" on the inside of the safe. Its been working great, but when I first bought it I have only (2) hand guns and then (1) Rifle and (1) Shotgun.

Now I have (4) rifles, (6) hand guns and (1) Shotgun

The problem is one the top shelf I can only fit 4 hand guns, so I have the other 2 on the floor of the safe, well now the problem is I want anothe rifle but I cant fit that in the safe if the handguns are on the floor.

Also the capacity is BS, no way will I get 10 in due to the scopes on all my guns, the scopes push the buts of the guns out and there is no way the (1) gun on either side of the safe will work!

But other than hand gun capacity and lack of room for secure ammo hording I have been quite happy with my low $200 range safe!

Well back on topic now, thoughts on getting this safe to hold more hand guns? I was thinking a door rack but then I lose the trays that are there now which I use for storing my small supply personal defense ammo along with a few non related gun items.

Side note: I do plan on getting a BIG safe once I get a house and have a garage to stick it in (next 5 years hopefully!) but right now I am stuck in my apartment with my tiny safe :(

Can you get your 5 long guns to fit in half of the safe?
IF you could build a custom shelving system and cover in matching carpet I think that would be a possibility.

If you can lower the top shelf you could try something like this.

which is just a kitchen dish rack I think from Walmart.

I have the pistol rack from Sportsmans guide and the door rack. They also sell a door rack similar to the shelf type.

Hi cbzdel, I am kinda in the same situation as you and have also been looking for solutions. One thing I ran across is Gunslinger Pistol Holder, on this website: <broken link removed> I don't know anything about the product or the company other than what is on the website, but I think I may buy one or two to try them out.
Hope this helps.
James

I would suggest that you put your long guns in alternating butt down , butt up . you can fit more guns in that way and if you place them securely , they should stay put. Also , they make several hangers for the inside of the door that you can put your handguns on . Leaving the shelf for ammo , mags , etc.

those would work amazing! perfect idea!! would could long term storage damage the barrel?

Also this could work out for some slight ammo hording:

(but made at home for a only few $$) I bet I could get 1000 rounds of 9mm WWB under there haha!

I would have no problem raising half my safe beccause it will be all carbines.

Can you lower the top shelf and put one of the racks like the one I use on it?

SAFERACKS.jpg

As for the hanging metal gun hooks, I do not see any risk to the barrels but you do need to be mindful of the weight of the gun. I had a couple of them I picked up and the gun show and the one my Vaquero was on started to bend a bit and the gun would start sliding off.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top