JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Optima batteries actually suck.. check out Project Farm. Also, you only put high test gas in engines that need it.. generally high compression race engines so they won't knock/detonate. Lower octane gas actually has more power per given volume than high octane as the added retardants are not fuel.

I would argue that continual training and practice outweighs the possession of extremely high end equipment. As an analogy I often use the video below of a guy running a pool table with a broomstick. Billiard cues can go for exorbitant prices.

Sure, ultra-nice gear is great, but the skill with which to use it is of equal, if not greater, importance.

Just my opinion.

Optima batteries actually suck.. check out Project Farm. Also, you only put high test gas in engines that need it.. generally high compression race engines so they won't knock/detonate. Lower octane gas actually has more power per given volume than high octane as the added retardants are not fuel.

I'll have to check them out. I haven't had bad luck with my optima been lucky I suppose. If there is something better defiantly worth a look. As far as fuel I'm not a mechanic by profession but I'm decent with a motor.

There is a lot of controversy over the 87-93 and how much your really getting at the pump so I won't open that one any more, was using it more as an analogy and yep it has mixed reviews.. Guess I'm that guy pissing money away at the pump.

I would argue that continual training and practice outweighs the possession of extremely high end equipment. As an analogy I often use the video below of a guy running a pool table with a broomstick. Billiard cues can go for exorbitant prices.

Sure, ultra-nice gear is great, but the skill with which to use it is of equal, if not greater, importance.

Just my opinion.

Thanks, man. You just saved me a ton of money.. I was going to go all bibligucci and get me a diamond encrusted asses jawbone so I owe you.

I would buy a BCM or quality mid-tier AR15 and the rest of the money would be a light, a sling, and red or green dot for home defense. The rest of money for ammunition for gun range time.

4500? Sure if it came with a bunch of stuff on it.
IR, nice optic setup, etc
There is more than $4500 right here and that is not counting the gun (which is not a KAC).

mawl-3.jpg

Reading a little about this and one part is somewhat disturbing:

CBS News "Sunday Mornings" correspondent David Pogue joined the crew of the vessel, along with a small group of intrepid tourists, for a journey to see the world's most famous shipwreck last year.
As he got situated in the vessel, which he said had about as much room inside as a minivan, Pogue said he "couldn't help noticing how many pieces of this sub seemed improvised, with off-the-shelf components," including a video game controller that was used to pilot the sub.

I'd like to think this thing has more sophisticated components than what this guy saw.
That's a great article.sounds like every trip something was screwed up. Lost for 2.5 hours is not a good sign. Sounds like if communication is lost sub can't find out where they are. The related article below says it has seven ways to surface so that kind of implies something major happened being that it has not surfaced.

This is just a minor expansion of the other article by David pogue:

Just my opinion.
Not sure if anyone else has read One Shot One Kill by Charles Sasser, but the military tracked marksmanship scores over decades and found they are consistently declining, despite marked improvements in equipment. This was cited as an important reason why the military invested heavily in sniper schools in the late 70s early 80s.

If you think about it, those wiry 150 lbs. conscripts in WWII with their 10 lb. Garands shooting M2 ball were on average the best marksmen we've ever had.

Practicing good shooting habits....familiarity with your firearms...
As well as respecting the limits of your skill and ability ...
Are key to becoming a 'good shot".

Something else to consider with high end firearms....
Is your skill level high enough and or "need" / use for it , going to make any real difference in your shooting...?
Andy

Not sure if anyone else has read One Shot One Kill by Charles Sasser, but the military tracked marksmanship scores over decades and found they are consistently declining, despite marked improvements in equipment. This was cited as an important reason why the military invested heavily in sniper schools in the late 70s early 80s.

If you think about it, those wiry 150 lbs. conscripts in WWII with their 10 lb. Garands shooting M2 ball were on average the best marksmen we've ever had.
The last generation of MEN.

That's a great article.sounds like every trip something was screwed up. Lost for 2.5 hours is not a good sign. Sounds like if communication is lost sub can't find out where they are. The related article below says it has seven ways to surface so that kind of implies something major happened being that it has not surfaced.

This is just a minor expansion of the other article by David pogue:

Clint smith on submarines:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top