JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
One of my Ruger 10/22 15 round magazines (BX-15) isn't working. The spring/follower seems to be loose or something and it won't push the rounds up to the top of the magazine. Is it worth it to learn how to take the magazine apart and fix this? Or should I try to return it, or call it a loss?

One of my Ruger 10/22 15 round magazines (BX-15) isn't working. The spring/follower seems to be loose or something and it won't push the rounds up to the top of the magazine. Is it worth it to learn how to take the magazine apart and fix this? Or should I try to return it, or call it a loss?
How old is it? How much do they cost to buy new? Of course first thing to "try" would be calling Ruger. Go from there. If cost to send it back does not compare well to just buying another? Then I would look for video of how they come apart. At that point what have you got to lose?

My opinion. You can try to repair it. But is it worth fixing? I would usually keep failed magazines for spare parts and buy a new one.

Some of the bx mags have a small plastic pin that goes into the spri g coil. The fix is cutting downa 10/22 shell and inserting it over the plastic pin to lessen the gap. There is a youtube video on the fix.

I believe some of the bx mags have a new design that doesn't need the fix. I've done all but a couple of the newer ones I have. If you can't find rhe video, pm me and I'll get it to you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top