JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First of all, if it sticks. There has to be an efective date. I imagine eveything after that effective date will be in compliance with this BS. Second, I don't know yet if there is a grandfather clause in the bill. Third, they can not go door to door asking questions about what you own and how you store it. Fourth, will this stupid state now employ range Police. Asking you if the gun you brought to the range complies? Fifth, will those same range Police ask if you have paid your yearly fee for owning said firearm and have you paid and taken the "safe" gun handleing course to even own said firearm. (most of us have already had several decades of safe gun handling. Why do we need a class now?) Seventh, The NRA has already said they will take it to court. We will see what happens there? When stupid chit gets passed like this, I am glad I do not have a paper trail...........
@rdb241
Have you ever bought ammo gun cleaning kit, ect. with a credit card then yes you have a paper trail

There's nothing like that in there. Something like that could not possibly withstand a court challenge. You may be confusing this with a yearly background check that will be done by law enforcement without the purchaser's knowledge. This check will only apply to a person who has purchased a handgun or AR after July 1, 2019.

Thank you again. I had no idea the hippa wave already applied to handguns!

I also had no idea these new restrictions applied to new handgun purchases !

Ugh!

A thought just hit me, what if the AR is transferred as a pistol, and then later configured as a rifle by the owner? Would that not keep you clear of some of this?

No. Once a receiver is sold over the counter as a pistol. It will always be a pistol. It is illegal to convert it to a rifle if it is on paper as a pistol.

No. Once a receiver is sold over the counter as a pistol. It will always be a pistol. It is illegal to convert it to a rifle if it is on paper as a pistol.

I think you have that backwards; if it's a pistol to start with it can be converted to a rifle, if it's a rifle to start with it may not be converted to a pistol. I could be wrong of course, it's been a while since I looked at that area.

This is what it might look like in the not so distant future
44146140_2366034866746381_7608766162385502208_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

So heres the way it is in washington
An AR receiver can be built into a long gun or hand gun

If it is stamped pistol then pistol it is

When my daughter turns 18 on 2/9 and I gift her the S&W M&P 15-22 and Bushmaster AR we already consider hers are we breaking the law?

I am afraid so. Section 13 of I-1639 says:

A person under twenty-one years of age may not purchase a pistol or semiautomatic assault rifle, and except as otherwise provided in this chapter, no person may sell or transfer a semiautomatic assault rifle to a person under twenty-one years of age.

"Transfer" is further defined as

[T]he intended delivery of a firearm to another person without consideration of payment or promise of payment including, but not limited to, gifts and loans.

Your daughter can still possess the AR in certain situations, but you cannot transfer the firearm to her. Don't ask me what the difference is, who knows. That's the problem with overbroad and underthought gun control laws.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top