JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just read a post by a forum member that made me sad.
A forum member in Oregon had/has a Ruger 10-22 for sale. A forum member that resides in Washington wanted to buy this gun.
The seller's FFL in Oregon told him, he, the FFL could not (would not) transfer a semi-automatic rifle to a Washington resident.
Apparently, this is information the Ore FFL got from a Wa. FFL in a phone conversation.
We need to eradicate this type of misinformation.
If someone can show me a valid Oregon law , citing the Oregon statute that prohibits this transaction, I would happily give them $100 worth of ammo.
.9mm, .45acp, or .22rf , your choice.

Best,
Gary
FYI here is the Washington State law regarding out of state purchases:

RCW 9.41.122

Out-of-state purchasing.

Residents of Washington may purchase rifles and shotguns in a state other than Washington: PROVIDED, That such residents conform to the applicable provisions of the federal Gun Control Act of 1968, Title IV, Pub. L. 90-351 as administered by the United States secretary of the treasury: AND PROVIDED FURTHER, That such residents are eligible to purchase or possess such weapons in Washington and in the state in which such purchase is made: AND PROVIDED FURTHER, That when any part of the transaction takes place in Washington , including, but not limited to, internet sales, such residents are subject to the procedures and background checks required by this chapter.

Just be happy that for now we can sell our houses at a great price and move to a "free" state. (Similar to what this state used to be).
In 5-10 years, you won't be able to flee blue states to hide from the laws. They'll be at a federal level and you won't be able to escape it.
I'm frantically looking for a house on major land in a not only "free" state but a downright viciously pro-constitution state to where I can hide out and watch the storm on the news instead of watching it unfold from my back yard! There's only a slim few left but I'm weighing options

I just read a post by a forum member that made me sad.
A forum member in Oregon had/has a Ruger 10-22 for sale. A forum member that resides in Washington wanted to buy this gun.
The seller's FFL in Oregon told him, he, the FFL could not (would not) transfer a semi-automatic rifle to a Washington resident.
Apparently, this is information the Ore FFL got from a Wa. FFL in a phone conversation.
We need to eradicate this type of misinformation.
If someone can show me a valid Oregon law , citing the Oregon statute that prohibits this transaction, I would happily give them $100 worth of ammo.
.9mm, .45acp, or .22rf , your choice.

Best,
Gary
Your $100 worth of ammo is safe because there is no law that prevents an Oregon FFL from selling a semi-auto long to a WA resident. It's, fear, ignorance and or laziness which prevents OR FFLs from doing the transfers.

FYI here is the Washington State law regarding out of state purchases:

RCW 9.41.122

Out-of-state purchasing.

Residents of Washington may purchase rifles and shotguns in a state other than Washington: PROVIDED, That such residents conform to the applicable provisions of the federal Gun Control Act of 1968, Title IV, Pub. L. 90-351 as administered by the United States secretary of the treasury: AND PROVIDED FURTHER, That such residents are eligible to purchase or possess such weapons in Washington and in the state in which such purchase is made: AND PROVIDED FURTHER, That when any part of the transaction takes place in Washington , including, but not limited to, internet sales, such residents are subject to the procedures and background checks required by this chapter.
This same WA law existed before I-1639 was passed.

Your $100 worth of ammo is safe because there is no law that prevents an Oregon FFL from selling a semi-auto long to a WA resident. It's, fear, ignorance and or laziness which prevents OR FFLs from doing the transfers.
It is amazing how many gun owners condemn the OR FFL's who do not want to take the risk of getting Side Show Bob after them. These same gun owners of course do not want to hear that the real problem is gun owners in WA who ignored this law twice and let if go in, then let it stand. So by all means go after the small business people (FFL'S) who do not want to take the risk. It's easy for those sitting on a computer or phone to tell the people they should take all the risk and if they do not they are fearful, ignorant, and lazy. Of course none of these people want to go start a gun shop and put their business on the line to show others how it should be done :s0092:

It is amazing how many gun owners condemn the OR FFL's who do not want to take the risk of getting Side Show Bob after them. These same gun owners of course do not want to hear that the real problem is gun owners in WA who ignored this law twice and let if go in, then let it stand. So by all means go after the small business people (FFL'S) who do not want to take the risk. It's easy for those sitting on a computer or phone to tell the people they should take all the risk and if they do not they are fearful, ignorant, and lazy. Of course none of these people want to go start a gun shop and put their business on the line to show others how it should be done :s0092:
It's entirely with in their prerogative to refuse doing the transfers. I listed fear as one of the reasons why they are not doing them, but be honest about it. There are too many people out there giving out info I believe is wrong information. I won't pretend to know their motive. What I do know is we already have plenty of regulations to deal with and we don't need to add more barriers that aren't based in the law. We should hold up the few OR FFL's who have taken the time to understand the law, like Money Market Pawn and I will continue to do that.

Wa I-1639 is a load of BS just another way to track anyone who believes in our second amendment.
If you are from the confused state of WA. You can get the training and certification online at ( free I-1639) had to do it myself just to purchase a Ruger 10-22

Wa I-1639 is a load of BS just another way to track anyone who believes in our second amendment.
If you are from the confused state of WA. You can get the training and certification online at ( free I-1639) had to do it myself just to purchase a Ruger 10-22
It may be free but I still refuse to do it.

Yesterday's news, Dan at Sporting Systems put together the free course at the same time as he mounted the legal challenge.

Right now, the best and only "F U" left for legal non-compliance are either buying only stripped lowers and DIY, or buying 80%'s and DIY.

Yesterday's news, Dan at Sporting Systems put together the free course at the same time as he mounted the legal challenge.

Right now, the best and only "F U" left for legal non-compliance are either buying only stripped lowers and DIY, or buying 80%'s and DIY.

Buying out of state seems like it could avoid hassle as well.

If you can find an FFL still doing it, they are out there but they are also a rare breed these days.

When I was in Montana last the general sporting good store didn't seem worried about it. That was about a year ago, they were under the impression magazines were limited, after I informed them it had nothing to do with magazines, and nothing legally forbid buying out of state, they were good to go.

When I was in Montana last the general sporting good store didn't seem worried about it. That was about a year ago, they were under the impression magazines were limited, after I informed them it had nothing to do with magazines, and nothing legally forbid buying out of state, they were good to go.
It's hard to find an OR FFL who fully understands the WA law. Most have decided not to do the S/A rifle transfers any longer. Some have decided not to do any long gun transfers for WA residents. That means more business for the ones willing to take the time to understand the law.

If you can find an FFL still doing it, they are out there but they are also a rare breed these days.
It's hard to find an OR FFL who fully understands the WA law. Most have decided not to do the S/A rifle transfers any longer. Some have decided not to do any long gun transfers for WA residents. That means more business for the ones willing to take the time to understand the law.
Attero Arms has no issues to help anyone from WA that needs a long gun transfer!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top