JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Or she did it simply to help in some way. Or 1000 other reasons.
I've taken on a few jobs that didn't pay well in $$$ but was still satisfying.

Seems it's like this in life:
Young, for the money.
Later in life, for the prestige,
and finally, for us old farts, the satisfaction of a job well done.

I'm going on 60, and as much as I like a big payday, I'd prefer to do something that really matters.
I'd rather work serving the homeless meals for min-wage than work for Nike at 100k a year.
I'm no Mother Teresa, nothing altruistic about it, just a sense that I'm helping.

I think to say someone did something for power, swindling, greed, et al assumes a lot about someone you probably don't know much about.

IMO, don't be a hater when you really don't know their story. I'm sure like most of us I figure, you've had folks judge you based upon bias.

View attachment 1423693
You do you but there seems to be a strong thread of narcissism woven into the fabric of every politician and to think that politicians are altruistic is naive.

Pol Pot probably had good intentions too.

When I asked my personal attorney why more attorneys did not see the law as black and white he told me that attorneys are notorious for lack of control and they get off on controlling others. It kind of explains why so many attorneys go into politics doesn't it?

there seems to be a strong thread of narcissism woven into the fabric of every politician and to think that politicians are altruistic is naive.
^^Yes. To believe politicians are without guile or self-interest is about as naive as it gets. These are people who manipulate for a living and literally trade in favors.

In 1996 my gf was an assistant to the Mayor of San Diego and I had an opportunity to go to the RNC. This was the largest collection of dishonest and immoral people I have ever seen in one place. It is palpable when you enter the room. An honest person cannot exist in the political ecosystem.

Last Edited:
^^Yes. To believe politicians are without guile or self-interest is about as naive as it gets. These are people who manipulate for a living and literally trade in favors.

In 1996 my gf was an assistant to the Mayor of San Diego and I had an opportunity to go to the RNC. This was the largest collection of dishonest and immoral people I have ever seen in one place. The arrogance was breathtaking. It is palpable when you enter the room. An honest person cannot exist in the political ecosystem.
Assistant mayor, awesome!

In 1996 my gf was an assistant to the Mayor of San Diego and I had an opportunity to go to the RNC. This was the largest collection of dishonest and immoral people I have ever seen in one place. It is palpable when you enter the room. An honest person cannot exist in the political ecosystem.
I went to a fund raising event last year for three congressmen last year with my BIL and, while everyone was very nice, the room felt the same as what you described. The funny thing is that everyone wanted to talk to me because I was not a lobbyist, politician, or staff member. LOL

Pollyanna much? :rolleyes:

I judge her on known facts. She had an affair with a married co-worker at Mercedes-Benz in Wilsonville. I recently found out he left his family and married her…. Had two kids with her, now divorced (big shocker there… not) and I guarantee you that she's getting no small sum in child-support from her "ex".

She's a total D-bag, like the rest of them.
What they do with you, they'll do to you…

Never trust an individual that has cheated on another, it's in their DNA. And I got the divorce papers to prove it…

Fagan's replacement has just been appointed, and evidently someone that no one from either side of the aisle expected. Never heard of her before this, but apparently a former Portland city auditor who retired to become a novelist, Lavonne Griffin-Valade. A couple of articles claim she was an even-handed auditor but that could certainly be fluff from a compliant media. Definitely can't imagine any Kotek appointee would be any friend of gun rights but haven't been able to find much of anything regarding her stances on the 2A. Doesn't even appear to have a social media presence (at least not yet) on Twitter or Facebook where one might expect to see political opinions.

She is apparently from John Day or thereabouts but that may not mean much more than Kotek selecting a person that shares all of her views but comes from eastern Oregon to create the illusion of representation.

She is apparently from John Day or thereabouts but that may not mean much more than Kotek selecting a person that shares all of her views but comes from eastern Oregon to create the illusion of representation.
Ah yes, I'm sure she won't be an elitist Liberal at all, no no.....
re: The leadership of Oregon. When they are home on the weekend in Portland having a glass of wine on the patio with their closest friends and most trusted advisors - none of those people are people like us. We are ruled by Portland Elites. Representation is an illusion.

Fagan's replacement has just been appointed, and evidently someone that no one from either side of the aisle expected. Never heard of her before this, but apparently a former Portland city auditor who retired to become a novelist, Lavonne Griffin-Valade. A couple of articles claim she was an even-handed auditor but that could certainly be fluff from a compliant media. Definitely can't imagine any Kotek appointee would be any friend of gun rights but haven't been able to find much of anything regarding her stances on the 2A. Doesn't even appear to have a social media presence (at least not yet) on Twitter or Facebook where one might expect to see political opinions.

Ah yes, I'm sure she won't be an elitist Liberal at all, no no.....
There's exceptions to the rule (of course), but hyphenated last names (I'm not referring to cultural naming conventions that include maternal and paternal family names) immediately make me sus.

re: The leadership of Oregon. When they are home on the weekend in Portland having a glass of wine on the patio with their closest friends and most trusted advisors - none of those people are people like us. We are ruled by Portland Elites. Representation is an illusion.
Don't forgot the Eugene fluff in that mix…. Prozanski's fiefdom.

Don't forgot the Eugene fluff in that mix…. Prozanski's fiefdom.
Does Ron Wyden even live in Oregon? :rolleyes: or does he "vacation" here while doing campaign stops? :s0140:

There's exceptions to the rule (of course), but hyphenated last names (I'm not referring to cultural naming conventions that include maternal and paternal family names) immediately make me sus.
Definitely. It's always something like Smith-Valade too, never Valade-Smith. You know, diversity is fine for others, but they don't want anyone thinking they are an "ethnic" person.

Not only are they not like us; they have nothing but contempt for people like us. While we haven't yet heard from Griffin-Valade, the circles she runs with have demonstrated this over and over. Taking the M114 example, they hold the view that it's a travesty that the measure did not actually go into effect 12/2022 like Fagan said it should, and was placed on hold even though they're well aware it was impossible to comply with and would have actually banned all guns sales for the foreseeable future.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top