JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK, so we have the resignation of the Oregon Secretary of State on the basis of pay for play. Pretty much every thing she has touched should be suspect, including certification of Initiatives and election results. A few of these turned out to be mighty close and they always fell left of center. It will be interesting to see what the investigation brings and of legislation such as 114 is involved. At a minimum, 114 was so close (just ever so shy of a mandatory recount) that it deserves a second look under the circumstances.

Mods - if this is in the wrong forum, please move to the most appropriate.

Her annual salary was only $77,000 a month? No wonder she accepted 10 grand a month from the cannabis company that was also gonna pay her $30K for each license she granted to that company's affiliates. "I'm just trying to make ends meet for my family."

And she was Oregon's chief election officer as well?

Hell yeah, those elections (114 too) should be investigated.

And here we thought Washington was the most screwed up, corrupt state in the PNW.

Looking at the numbers, there is no way 114 genuinely, legitimately passed.
Despite what some on this forum think, I truly do suspect fraudulent votes took place.

Agree, anything she touched is suspect and would need to be investigated. Ballot measures and elections need to be investigated and validated. Perhaps Tina's not really Oregon's Governor after all. 114 should be tossed, based upon current SCOTUS rulings.

Her annual salary was only $77,000 a month? No wonder she accepted 10 grand a month from the cannabis company that was also gonna pay her $30K for each license she granted to that company's affiliates. "I'm just trying to make ends meet for my family."

And she was Oregon's chief election officer as well?

Hell yeah, those elections (114 too) should be investigated.

And here we thought Washington was the most screwed up, corrupt state in the PNW.
I think its 77 a year that would mean the weed kick back paid more than her wage as a dem racketeer , wasn't tony soprano a consultant ?

I think its 77 a year that would mean the weed kick back paid more than her wage as a dem racketeer , wasn't tony soprano a consultant ?
A lawyer who is $150k in debit would normally use that law degree to get out of debit, especially one who is the single breadwinner for a pair of kids. Realistically, one would only take a $77k/year job under those circumstances if she had plans to make more money. IMO she was pay for play from step one.

With those ethics it's no stretch to think that she would be willing to bend things to support her politics. Then again, perhaps she got greased by one of the4 gun control groups. They are, after all, part of the "by any means necessary" cabal.

My wife (before she retired) knew her. Shemia worked at Mercedes Benz of Wilsonville a while back in sales…. she had an affair with one of the other salesmen who was married. That should tell you a LOT about her character right there….

As far as investigations go? C'mon, the criminals investigating themselves? You know how that's going to turn out. They all knew this was going on, but because that weed company Shemia was "consulting" for owned a bunch of unoccupied zombie-houses that made life absolute hell for too many neighborhoods made the news and couldn't be contained any longer, her usefulness to the D-tribe was over and she was told to resign. It'll all get quietly swept under the rug, so to speak.

Last Edited:
Looking at the numbers, there is no way 114 genuinely, legitimately passed.
Despite what some on this forum think, I truly do suspect fraudulent votes took place.
I am no fan of 114 but simply stating it was fraudulent does not make it so. Where is your proof. I hope your right.

Kitzhaber resigned in disgrace too. The ruling party of Oregon is so comfortably ensconced that not even a high profile scandal can touch them. This equals corruption.

She was bought and paid for. Teacher unions for one.
Correct. The largest union in the State. Unduly influencing Oregon politics.

With those ethics it's no stretch to think that she would be willing to bend things
My wife (before she retired) knew her. Shemia worked at Mercedes Benz of Wilsonville a while back in sales…. she had an affair with one of the other salesmen who was married. That should tell you a LOT about her character right there….
Another lifetime ago I used to know a whole crew of Mercedes salesmen. Their ethics was they would snort or poke anything put in front of them.

Last Edited:
It's fun hearing news outlets try to drum up sympathy because she "only made $77k a year."

Then why did she take the job? No sympathy from me.
Sounded like she was looking to run for governor, and this was a stepping stone. I assume the 77K is the salary only, so while that's not a lot (all things considered), she presumably had good benefits including generous time off. I may be mistaken, but I think I heard a local news TV reporter say her "back up"/second in command at the SoS, makes over $200K per year?

According to some articles, she'd said she was spending a "nominal" 15 hours per week working for La Mota (owners other business). But with two young kids who knows how much time was she really spending conducting legitimate SoS duties.

Articles also say she's been seeking reinstatement to active status with the Oregon bar, and part of that process includes an investigation by the bar.

Could be interesting whether the bar turns up any evidence of whether under the contract she "practiced" law for the la mota owners, without an active law license. I believe I read one article saying she said, she only reviewed websites, etc.

A state ethics or DOJ investigation may also reveal whether she used her SoS status or other public resources (like email address, phones, etc), to do that contract work. Lots going on.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top