JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Zig - I apologize. The picture that you depicted did not show the spear, the ninja uniform, that fact that you stalked your prey for hours using well proven indigenous techniques, better yet, wearing a loin cloth, where in order to feed your family as they were starving to death, you were able, as the alpha species, ultimately able to overcome one of Gods most stupid and defenceless creatures due your mastery of the environment.

Or is it more truthful to say you shot an animal using Walmart supplied ammo, shot out of gun you don't know how to make, driving a car made by someone else, using a scope you couldn't make, in order to bear all the tech onto an animal that has no clue how to defend itself from?

Yes, Zig, I am impressed, now please go feed your starving family questionable meat...excuse me, steroid free meat, because, seeing your picture, I can tell you are, because of this food source, the epitome of fitness and health and ultimately much better off instead of hitting a gym and not hitting that six pack of Budweiser this evening.

So the Chihuahua stands safely behind the screen door, where he can't be drop kicked, and barks ferociously. There you sit in downtown Portland at Starbuck's, because it's the only connection you can afford. You are wearing your metro-sexual, hipster uniform; skinny jeans, black and white converse shoes (because they're "so cool", not because you can't afford anything else), your plaid flannel shirt, horn-rimmed glasses, and a cute little goatee. You can't get a girl to look at you, so the next best thing is to come here and try to get attention from those "manly he-men" you love so much, even though you can't admit to yourself that you do. You spout phrases right out of the PETA playbook, and think that makes you smart and superior. You're a joke.

So the Chihuahua stands safely behind the screen door, where he can't be drop kicked, and barks ferociously. There you sit in downtown Portland at Starbuck's, because it's the only connection you can afford. You are wearing your metro-sexual, hipster uniform; skinny jeans, black and white converse shoes (because they're "so cool", not because you can't afford anything else), your plaid flannel shirt, horn-rimmed glasses, and a cute little goatee. You can't get a girl to look at you, so the next best thing is to come here and try to get attention from those "manly he-men" you love so much, even though you can't admit to yourself that you do. You spout phrases right out of the PETA playbook, and think that makes you smart and superior. You're a joke.

Let's assume I am sitting in a clown suit, ...now snap that picture...

Now we compare that to your picture of a grinning idiot sitting next to a bloody severed deer head.

Now who gets the psycho award for the day?

ZigZag, the one thing you can count on, is that Mr. Bratch will never be hunting in your prime spot.
That takes a lot of effort and experience to produce the results you enjoy.
May good health allow you to continue hunting in a beautiful part of our state.

ZigZag, the one thing you can count on, is that Mr. Bratch will never be hunting in your prime spot.
That takes a lot of effort and experience to produce the results you enjoy.
May good health allow you to continue hunting in a beautiful part of our state.

I'll be 66 next deer season, but I'm still stacking hay bales head high. Here's how I feel about it:

h0C509EF0.jpg

I see that he's been banned. Good riddance.

Plan on the weather changing if you are on the wet side, ditto on GOOD boots and wear them with your other gear before several times to get comfortable. Wool still works well, especially Filson. I wear a Filson cruiser for my hunts. it has enough pockets to carry the usual. Still keeps you warm if it gets wet.A double Mackinaw Filson saved my arse in the 90s when the powder snow turned slush and my feet got wet and cold with a really wet snow coming down to boot. In the couple hours before dusk it was just get down off the ridge to the truck before my feet froze. Hunting was over. Yes, unequivocally, on taking a safety course. And learn any thing else you can find out about elk hunting. They are smart and there is a reason they are one of the most sought of N. American game. Experienced friend would be good as well.

Ditto on exit wounds,

Brutus Out

img001.jpg It still hurts even thinking what it took to get this guy out. All I can say is have a good pack, lots of time, good flashlights with spare batteries, and make sure you ate your wheaties.

img001.jpg

You see I don't get this self denial you guys are in. We are 100 years or so removed from needing to hunt for food. There is no argument that a non inspected, possibly viral beast is more healthy to eat, and the cost of driving to the sticks to bag a deer or elk renders the 'need to feed the family' argument moot.

One hunts for fun these days, it's better then shooting paper and cans. How can I feel sorry for taking a life that I choose to take, again for entertainment, that is perfectly legal, society allows it, taxes and regulates it. If Animals were smarter they would probably be doing it to us. The same argument applies to being in the military..if they want me to blow up an elementary school, I have license, by this government to do so..it's silly to get PTSD over it.

The only psyche problems here are guys stating they 'need' to hunt, which is a lie, a conflict, making excuses...so embrace it. You are allowed to hunt, society gives you the green light, so why wring your hands over it?

Tell that to the hunter with a wife and three kids while they are on food stamps. Hunters who hunted for their lively hood didn't have technology that is available now. Hunting now is a recreation. It is a hobby. It allows us to get out of the house or job and to hike and scout miles away from "the road". People didn't have cars 150 years ago, so why don't you walk to wherever or what ever you do. I'm going to go hunt, with my gun, bullets, binoculars, gps, and kill an animal because they taste good and it gives me satisfaction that I put in hard work to get it. And while I am cutting the deer's stomach open, I won't be thinking about how cavemen would be disappointed in me using a gun to do so. So please go back to your "occupy" not wanting to work and paying your bills and enjoy your hobby of playing butt darts.

I would personally like to thank whoever was responsible for banning Joe Bratch. Besides myself, I am quite sure that goes for most everybody else or so I would like to think. You definatly earned a fishing trip from me, so pm me if you so wish. :s0155:

I would personally like to thank whoever was responsible for banning Joe Bratch. Besides myself, I am quite sure that goes for most everybody else or so I would like to think. You definatly earned a fishing trip from me, so pm me if you so wish. :s0155:

lol, I was not aware he was already gone. Im sure he will find away to check in and see what all the mean old lazy PETA critter slayers are saying.

Hey ZigZagZeke, let's limit the profiling here. For the record I have b/w converse, plaid shirt, hornrims and a goatee. That's where it ends though, no skinny jeans etc.
I hunt every year and got my first 2 elk with a 30-30. As far as the .270 goes, I am fine with it if you are able to pass up a questionable shot. I get irritated by those who think a semiauto compensates for poor judgement. As many times as boots are mentioned is my feelings for practice and familiarity with your gun. (Yes boots too are important, I like Danners). Good luck to all the ones going for the first time. You will learn more every time you go. That's the beauty.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews