JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What tag should I get? I live in the Willamette valley but don't mind driving. Mostly only have deer experience but I've previously scouted some coastal forests for fun and hunted Hepner last season (only saw cows :( ) so don't have a big knowledge of land that elks on. Any insight to help me make a tag decision would be greatly appreciated.

The general cascade elk tag is only good in my opinion if you have access to private property. The elk have really moved out of the timber grounds and down into the ag grounds. I have never hunted the coast tag but have friends and family that do. I'd probably go that route and buy a general first season bull tag. Get out and do some scouting now

We used to hunt the east side of the Starkey unit. There is a lot of public land there, but it's almost all walk in entry only The General Season hunt is Spike Only, but there is a lot of good eating meat on a spike!
We haven't been back for years. Thinking about going this year.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top