JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Deer and elk liver are very good...so is buffalo liver.
I like to use as much from the animal that I can....be it for food..or the hide for clothing ( See my avatar )...the antlers for knife handles...etc....
Andy

my family always ate the liver from deer and elk. elk liver is delicious, deer liver not bad if from a younger animal. Buffalo liver is the best! i have seen gut piles with the liver still in there, what a waste of good food.

Liver, heart, nuts, tounge....I don't waste much. I'm not as hard core as Andy and tan my own hides or make knife handles out of the horns. I should probably do a purge on my antler collection, it would make my wife happy I'm sure

Liver, heart, nuts, tounge....I don't waste much. I'm not as hard core as Andy and tan my own hides or make knife handles out ofart of the animal the horns. I should probably do a purge on my antler collection, it would make my wife happy I'm sure
Tounge YA most overlooked part of the animal.

when I fish I don't eat bait
when I hunt I don't eat guts
heard a man say once that the more an animal licks under it's tail the sweeter the meet [tongue]

i only eat liver when i harvest an animal during huntin season. the best way to eat liver is cooked rare with the blood still dripping. the indians used to eat buffalo liver raw hot from the animal. i haven't tried that yet but maybe if l ever harvest a buffalo.

Depends on the pack out. If I'm not TOO crazy deep into the wilderness, I'll save the organ meat, plus the tongue and hide for the last trip.

Lingua tacos are worth the effort of removing the tongue.

The liver and heart will get cooked and mixed into kibble or food for the dogs.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top