JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Same thing I used last year for deer and elk - a seekins precision Havak element in 7prc topped with a leupold vx6-hd 3-18 and a rugged Alaskan 360 suppresssor.

My backup for deer will be a ruger no.1 in .243, and my backup for elk will be a ruger no.1 in 300 win mag.

Just had it out doing some load development today actually

IMG_4985.jpeg

Same thing I used last year for deer and elk - a seekins precision Havak element in 7prc topped with a leupold vx6-hd 3-18 and a rugged Alaskan 360 suppresssor.

My backup for deer will be a ruger no.1 in .243, and my backup for elk will be a ruger no.1 in 300 win mag.

Just had it out doing some load development today actually

View attachment 1874471
Nice setup! Good backup choices too! I haven't been out to do much load development lately but I will be soon. What's that accubond like to jump if you don't mind me asking?

Nice setup! Good backup choices too! I haven't been out to do much load development lately but I will be soon. What's that accubond like to jump if you don't mind me asking?
The strings I tested today were .150 off the lands and that seems to work well. The best load I had with H1000 was 67.3g with an average of 2756.1 fps

I also did a few strings of 168g LRX trying to get
Velocity up to around 2950 but the 22" barrel
Isn't helping. I think I'll need to try a different powder if I want to go any faster. The 2837fps was at a max load already and going any higher I was seeing pressure signs.

IMG_4986.png IMG_4990.png

Interesting. I haven't tried them that far off but it's worth trying. I appreciate your input. I'm running a 26" barrel and I think I was around 2850fps with 67 grains of H1000. I'll have to revisit that. Not sure if you're able to obtain any RL26 but it delivers some pretty impressive velocities.

Interesting. I haven't tried them that far off but it's worth trying. I appreciate your input. I'm running a 26" barrel and I think I was around 2850fps with 67 grains of H1000. I'll have to revisit that. Not sure if you're able to obtain any RL26 but it delivers some pretty impressive velocities.
Yeah I have heard the accubonds like to jump from my hunting partner that loads those almost exclusively in several calibers so I tried these a bit further back and I'm liking the results.

Unfortunately no R26 but I am always looking just in case I get lucky. We just had a new Scheels open up here in the boise area and on the grand opening I made a beeline up to that area to see if they had any. I guess I used up all my luck when I got
Offered first dibs on a shipment of both h1000 and retumbo before we moved to Idaho, so I am sitting on about 10 pounds of each.

Yeah I have heard the accubonds like to jump from my hunting partner that loads those almost exclusively in several calibers so I tried these a bit further back and I'm liking the results.

Unfortunately no R26 but I am always looking just in case I get lucky. We just had a new Scheels open up here in the boise area and on the grand opening I made a beeline up to that area to see if they had any. I guess I used up all my luck when I got
Offered first dibs on a shipment of both h1000 and retumbo before we moved to Idaho, so I am sitting on about 10 pounds of each.
I've heard that Retumbo works well in the 7 Prc. I am getting the best results with RL22 and StaBall HD.

I have heard the same but I started at .050 off with the 175 accubond and was not impressed at all. I'm excited to try them far off as you suggested, hopefully I'll have good results. I'll let you know.

That sucks I only have 2 lbs of RL26 I wish it were more available.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top