JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Everyone must have all the money and weaponry they want, must have missed that boat. Didn't really figure that dang near everyone would stop selling, especially as most ads I used to see would ask for a B.O.S. and a look at a WA CPL plus DL. Or if doing deals across the river using an FFL anyhow.

if the ATF is to believed, everyone is simply buying brand new guns, thereby increasing the total number of guns in WA. all-time record numbers of NICS checks now.

private sales keeps the number of guns the same. so 594 just increased gun sales in WA and the number of guns in WA.

Or there was a lot of last minute private buying/selling before 594 went into effect, and with Xmas coming on people are short of money. They got to get their kids the GI Joe with the KungFu grip or they will be sleeping on the couch for a while.

I'd put my bet on folks making last minute sales/changes to their collections before it went into effect, and plan to sit tight on their guns for now, pending the outcome of any legal challenges. Many folks don't want to be on a registry, and if what I've read is true, 594 basically created a registry too - has anyone confirmed that's the case?

There was already a registry on all new pistols purchased in Washington. I believe it now extends to all pistols, and I'm unsure of Washington.

594 is essentially a de-facto registry of all firearms that are transferred, from one legal entity to another, in WA state after 12-4-2014

Eventually that will include a higher and higher percentage of firearms in private ownership in WA state.

Both are the goal of the anti-gunners. To build a more complete registry that has no way to workaround it or have plausible deniability with regards to ownership of firearms in WA state.

The only way I could see a workaround for it, would be to have a residency in some other "free" state, buy your firearms there before you move to WA state, and then move there.

The next move is probably outright registration like California has for "evil" guns; you cannot move there or transfer firearms there (e.g., inherit them) that are on the "evil guns" list, without at least registering them, and many are simply banned (e.g., no .50 BMG rifles).

I may come off a bit abrupt but any state that uses NICS or in the case of OR FICS has a database of all FFL transfers. They state the info is not intended for public domain. Only to be used for stolen gun mumbo jumbo. It's a registry. Why else would they require a serial number.

Private sales is the only thing not reachable. However if your like most here, you ask for a gun transaction form. Usually has the persons info on it. So they have your info, they go to your house, you willingly give up the info to who you sold it to, they go to him and so on. Easily traceable, because you don't want trouble.

I do not like transaction forms, I usually ask for one when selling a gun. I like it when there is not one when buying though. Hypocritical, yes. However I'm still afraid of the higher authority more than being a good pro gun conservative. I'll throw your bubblegum under the heartbeat.

I may be coming off as for gun control here, I'm definitely against it. The Feds are way ahead of the ball though. I vote, and I still feel like that's not enough. This is an uphill battle, one that simply sucks. Washington lost this battle, hopefully it gets ugly enough to awaken the sleeping into realizing they need a bible and a gun.

It's pretty disappointing that I-594 has all but destroyed a nice, community exchange of products with people [95% of whom have CPL's] that grow to be trusted traders and friends.

That said, I did get just about everything I wanted - and then some. I will probably find a new hobby now, as I don't feel the need to report every single item I own to the government.

The worst part is that I-594 is not going to stop gun violence, as the sheeple who voted for it believe. Then we will need stricter gun control laws next time, as I-594 wasn't tough enough.

2 active WA ads on the first page - bubblegum!

upload_2014-12-15_17-3-1.png

Trades and sales up there will be done in silence.
Good if they are.
Nullification is the only response that is a good response to that law.
Would be much better if 800,000 of the gun owners stood together
and stated that loudly, but that won't happen obviously. :( :mad:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews