JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

All those guys that said "I will not comply" are now complying...cowards

Or NOT! Without full registration there is no way to know. Colorado now has some figures though, seems to be about 4% that are going through private sales.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award
Washington Arms Collector Member
Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

As long as I can remember ,I've been a buyer, I usually keep every thing I buy.
I've still got all the guns I ever bought, except 2 that were stolen, 2 that I trades
for a car that I really needed. Oh also 1 POS ERMA .22 Luger clone.

.............................. Jack

Or they are actually responsible citizens, as I would hope all of us are.

Patiently waiting for an appeal, or otherwise biding their time.

Well stop waiting, and get involved in the process of reversing , overturning or nullifying that law. Don't wait for someone else to do it. That is what got WA there. APATHY

Oregon will have the exact same law in place in only two months. So the entire Classifieds will be shriveling up very soon. Passage last year in the Oregon Legislature was only blocked in the Senate, where they were only 1 vote shy. Democrats gained in the House in last November's election, and will have a 35-25 majority next year. In the State Senate, the edge will be 18-12, as Republicans suffered a number of losses.

State Senator Floyd Prozanski ( Chairman of the Senate's key Judiciary Committee ) recently said that mandatory background checks will be at the top of the list of priorities for the 2015 Oregon legislative session, and predicted that legislation will be sent to the Governor for his signature before the end of February. He said that the bill will declare that a public safety "emergency" exists.

The only thing that is unclear at this point is whether Democrats will pass Assault Weapons and/or Magazine restrictions or not. They now have enough votes to pass either or both, but Governor Kitzhaber has recently warned against passing such legislation, fearing an anti-Democrat backlash in the next election, like the one that took place in Colorado last month, after Democrats in that state banned the sale and transfer of high cap magazines in 2013.

Prozanski is also in favor of passing new regulations and restrictions regarding Concealed Handgun Licences as well. He is upset that so many people in Oregon currently have Concealed Handgun Licenses. He feels that having so many civilians licensed and armed on the streets constitutes another threat to public safety.

Why don't politicians make it mandatory for the justice department to do their jobs to the fullest extent of the law and keep these animals locked up?
There needs to be more prisons for felons!!!!

They don't want criminals to be locked up for the totality of their respective sentences, just like they don't want to rehabilitate them. Why would they want to work themselves out of a job when they can keep the sheep afraid of their own shadow and keep the gutless public falling all over themselves to tell on themselves and/or others. Keep the attention of the public going in circles long enough and everyone stops asking questions about the last tragedy because they are too focused on the NEW tragedy.

No need for me to make a special trip. I will gladly say it to the face of any cowards who are willing to abide by unconstitutional attacks on their freedoms.
I for one won't be a martyr getting busted in a sting operation on illegal gun transfers when we get the anticipated shafting from Salem.

And I wasn't chest beating on this forum about non-compliance all this time, I was writing letters and calling my pathetic Representatives as well as trying to change hearts and minds face to face. Others here devoted a lot of their time and money as well.

Of course many here, more than we will ever know, overly worried about climate or social justice issues, hyped by politicians, Unions and the media, decided the 2nd amendment was a back burner issue. Some here even think the anticipated upcoming new gun laws will stop School/mall shootings. So they went ahead and strongly supported the Democrats, some of which have been very vocal on gun restrictions!

So now here we are! The majority has spoken and new laws are being set. And those who are not willing to openly trade as before are cowards?

No, I won't risk jail time defending the 2nd amendment for those who blindly voted in the anti-gun Liberal, Nanny State, Democrats again in this State.
I think you're a little mixed up on who the cowards are though.

No need for me to make a special trip. I will gladly say it to the face of any cowards who are willing to abide by unconstitutional attacks on their freedoms.
What a minute nwwoodsman, my Washington second amendment brothers are far from cowards. You wanna talk about unconstitutional rights. What about all the lost federal firearms rights we have all endured. INCLUDING YOU! What did you do about that? Our second amendment brothers across the nation are losing there rights every year!!!! It is my duty as well as yours to lend support across this nation. After all Washington is not a foreign country, it's part of the good ole' U.S.of A. If you really cared about the second amendment, you would not be so concerned about a state --------line. Oregon is next on the chopping block. When we call on our brothers & sisters across this nation for help, I am certain they will be there. Because they.....ARE NOT COWARDS!!!!

Also, I would like to add; Our constitutional rights have been compromised across the board, not just OUR second amendment, but all of them......

Last Edited:
I for one won't be a martyr getting busted in a sting operation on illegal gun transfers when we get the anticipated shafting from Salem.

And I wasn't chest beating on this forum about non-compliance all this time, I was writing letters and calling my pathetic Representatives as well as trying to change hearts and minds face to face. Others here devoted a lot of their time and money as well.

Of course many here, more than we will ever know, overly worried about climate or social justice issues, hyped by politicians, Unions and the media, decided the 2nd amendment was a back burner issue. Some here even think the anticipated upcoming new gun laws will stop School/mall shootings. So they went ahead and strongly supported the Democrats, some of which have been very vocal on gun restrictions!

So now here we are! The majority has spoken and new laws are being set. And those who are not willing to openly trade as before are cowards?

No, I won't risk jail time defending the 2nd amendment for those who blindly voted in the anti-gun Liberal, Nanny State, Democrats again in this State.
I think you're a little mixed up on who the cowards are though.
Oldnewbie, I certainly get it, selective enforcement has been a huge tool for LEO, and the courts for many of years. They don't have to get them all, but the ones they do get they make an example out of.

All those guys that said "I will not comply" are now complying...cowards

I have read, then re-read, and then read all the replies to your post, and I still have no idea, how you can think that way?

I could get smarty pants and crack jokes about it, but I am Serious:

Explain HOW standing in Protest, and defying I594, by doing actual non-compliance sales and trades, on the Capital Grounds in front of the LawMakers, and WASH STATE POLICE, how does ~that~ make them "cowards"

Please explain!!!! I know, four maybe Five people in this Forum, who I would trust my life to... They Walk their talk... And I know they would appreciate more than the quoted statement, they want to know Why you feel that way!!!

philip :eek:o_O

Explain HOW standing in Protest, and defying I594, by doing actual non-compliance sales and trades, on the Capital Grounds in front of the LawMakers, and WASH STATE POLICE, how does ~that~ make them "cowards"
I never said those guys are cowards. Those are the guys that the 2nd amendment needs in order to continue to exist. They are on the right side. The cowards are the ones on the east coast who lined up to turn in their assault rifles. The cowards are the ones tossing 30 round mags in the trash and putting bullet buttons their rifles because a bunch of liberals over rided their vote. The cowards are the ones who scream "Molon Labe" and "from my cold dead hands" but now refuse to sell an inanimate object or give it to an in-law as a gift without the approval of their state government. The cowards are the ones who go into hiding instead of standing up and fighting for their rights.

How do you know the in-laws and friends of the "Molon Labe" and "from my cold dead hands" crowd are not still swapping undocumented goods?
I prefer calling these private trades, or as you call it "go in to hiding", more of a "tactical withdrawal" from the Liberal assault on the 2nd Amendment.
Openly breaking the law and continuing on as if I 594 didn't happen would be a foolish endeavor only landing you in jail.
Getting involved in appeals and other legal/political avenues would be best use of energy for all of us at this time.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top