JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've had conflicting information as to where it is legal to hunt (assuming the animal is in season) in Oregon. Specifically, are there any maps/resources that highlight WHERE the state land is where it is legal to hunt? (i.e. not private land, national park, other restrictions, ect?)

Thanks in advance. Looking for a place to deer and elk hunt later this fall.

Most any sporting goods store has the synopsis with regulations and zones that the state puts out . Metsker's , BLM, and the Forest service all have pretty good maps.

I second the USFS (Forest Service) maps. They mark USFS land, BLM land and private land. Then all you have to decide is huntable timber co. land vs. private land. At least for now most timber co. land is huntable. Maybe you can't take a vehicle in, but many acres of USFS land is that way, too.

I recall hearing about maps for GPS units that specifically call out private vs. public land for the purpose of knowing when you need to ask for permission, and I also recall that now it is not just good manners to ask, but it is specifically the law and it is your responsibility to know when you are on private land. Hence the maps.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top