JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is Friday night still ladies night at the hunter's Inn?
Lol
The hunters inn guaranteed to meet someone you knows cousin..all the real fun happened at elk camps.. strippers, unlimited booze, good food. Some wild parties in the woods..I'm sure at least one other here knows of some of the wahkiakum hunting camp parties 🤣

This is true....farmers are fed up with the elk moving into there farm ground and destroying crops so they take matters into their own hands. The ground I trap(weyco timber ground) in the spring used to hold piles of elk 15 to 20 years ago. I haven't seen a elk up there in 10 plus years. There is no feed in the clear cuts and the predators are thick. So the elk find food
In NE Oregon the predators push remaining animals to lower elevations, including farm land so ODFW issues an OTC cow tag for a season that lasts months. Then more elk get taken out of the system.

I think an ODFW biologist earlier this year in a Commission meeting and in response to a question, speculated animals (elk) had moved lower or changed patterns due to "climate change" and maybe other factors but they have to study it more. Ok.

In NE Oregon the predators push remaining animals to lower elevations, including farm land so ODFW issues an OTC cow tag for a season that lasts months. Then more elk get taken out of the system.

I think an ODFW biologist earlier this year in a Commission meeting and in response to a question, speculated animals (elk) had moved lower or changed patterns due to "climate change" and maybe other factors but they have to study it more. Ok.
Climate change my a$$!

Climate change my a$$!
No kidding. Up high in NFS there's plenty of water and feed for deer and elk, but those animals are a lot harder to find these days. Spent quite a few hours in October grouse hunting in NE Oregon because I didn't draw a deer or elk tag this year. I saw more cougar and wolf tracks than I did elk tracks. Of the few mule deer I saw, they were all does and super spooky. I assume due to predators. Or they didn't like my look.

You mean a University indoctrinated city boy/girl that's learned everything they know about the outdoors from a book written by folks that are heavy on theory and short on practical knowledge? Those biologists?
I try to keep an open mind but I wonder if they may also pressured by "higher ups" to report or interpret things a certain way. Regardless, elk (and mule deer) numbers in a lot of NE Oregon units are way below what they should be, but that's what a lot of people may now prefer, because it means fewer hunters in the woods.

I try to keep an open mind but I wonder if they may also pressured by "higher ups" to report or interpret things a certain way. Regardless, elk (and mule deer) numbers in a lot of NE Oregon units are way below what they should be, but that's what a lot of people may now prefer, because it means fewer hunters in the woods.
I stopped keeping an open mind about them years ago. They have an agenda and it's got nothing to do with the science.

Theres a lot of empirical evidence to support this theory...

Just saw these yesterday.

IMG_20231128_121149836_HDR_2.jpg

anybody following this. sounds very fishy to me.

Ya....they wanted us to go in and kill 200 of them. The meat would have been donated to those in need. We opted to let hunters start to remove them. It would have been political suicide plus the cost was way to high

Ya....they wanted us to go in and kill 200 of them. The meat would have been donated to those in need. We opted to let hunters start to remove them. It would have been political suicide plus the cost was way to high
what do you mean when you say "we opted to let hunters start to remove them" odfw's rule of no more than 5 tags per year per property clearly was not followed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top