JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've shot big game animals mainly with the 9x19 out of a beer barrel target sighted Hi-Power.. down around Paso Robles for deer and hogs. One time I was invited to shoot for free at an adjacent hunting ranch and they wanted to keep one of my 9mm cartridges (regular pressure factory loads from way back in the day) to add to their cartridges displaying what the respective folks had used. There were .458, 375 H&H, .338, all of the .30's, yada.. and then there was my lone tiny little 9mm on the end. It was hilarious.
In Montana for elk and bear I used my 4" Model 29 but carried my Hi-Power a bunch too.
Not once did a critter get away.

I thought my ears were burnin', @orygun, but I didn't wanna step in any Bain and Davis business you mighta known about.

And, thanks to @bcp for filling in in my absence on the .256.

However, as a dedicated quarter-bore enthusiast, a new challenge presents itself on the horizon! I'll start a thread asking opinions as to the best platform bolt action rifle and optics suggestion for a .25 Auto.
now's your chance ,currently on e bay, thompson center contender 14" barrel chambered in .25 acp

now's your chance ,currently on e bay, thompson center contender 14" barrel chambered in .25 acp
Whoa that's too much power! Cape buffalo look out!

Getting close to 22LR energy levels there!

C5E00FFA-FF97-4669-99BE-FA6BD581F8E6.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews