JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to work for TE Slanker PMs
His was the same scheme and he got caught, heck he even robbed himself twice to try to cover the fact that he only had a few pounds of gold he sold over and over again!

So...How much longer? Collapse seems to be getting closer with each passing day. Nothing's getting better, and the populace is growing more and more uneasy. Seems like everyone knows it's slipping away from us, but how much longer do we have? I haven't posted here before, except for new member introductions, but I discovered this site a few months ago. I've pretty much read every post, and this is the one that really makes me think - it's fun to pretend and speculate as to what you'd do in a given made up scenario, but I think we have a real collapse looming and I fear for my kids. I think we have enough provisions to last us a year (family of four), and I have been accumulating more ammo in small increments for months now, always buying more little by little, each pay day. I don't know a single one of my neighbors - I own my home but I'm surrounded by rental properties with people moving in and out every few months. I don't feel like my home would be easily defended, but we ain't going anywhere should the SHTF. Two small kids - ain't gonna happen.

This is a thread that should not die. It's been lifeless for a long while now, and I thought I'd breathe a little air into it and see what happens.

How long?

Last Edited:
So...How much longer? Collapse seems to be getting closer with each passing day. Nothing's getting better, and the populace is growing more and more uneasy. Seems like everyone knows it's slipping away from us, but how much longer do we have? I haven't posted here before, except for new member introductions, but I discovered this site a few months ago. I've pretty much read every post, and this is the one that really makes me think - it's fun to pretend and speculate as to what you'd do in a given made up scenario, but I think we have a real collapse looming and I fear for my kids. I think we have enough provisions to last us a year (family of four), and I have been accumulating more ammo in small increments for months now, always buying more little by little, each pay day. I don't know a single one of my neighbors - I own my home but I'm surrounded by rental properties with people moving in and out every few months. I don't feel like my home would be easily defended, but we ain't going anywhere should the SHTF. Two small kids - ain't gonna happen.

This is a thread that should not die. It's been lifeless for a long while now, and I thought I'd breathe a little air into it and see what happens.

How long?

Good post. Some people say the best prep is making connections with others. Google Dimitry Orlov. Investing in personal relationships based on interests. Firearms, gardening, carpentry, cars, bicycles, whatever. Many of us feel the same way. Now, when we still can, we can learn to cooperate and build.

Collapse seems to be getting closer I fear for my kids. I don't feel like my home would be easily defended. How long?
I hope never, and all my prep stuff rots where it sits.

It's sad to think we would have to teach our children how to break down, clean, SHOOT and forage to protect themselves or even you!

Have you shown them 'how to' with the 22 yet or do you think otherwise?

Security folks tell me that if a break-in comes it will be through the back of the house. I installed painted carpet strips inside of the window frame incase someone enters through the window. Also, in the back of my mind I keep thinking of having several sheets of 4 x 8 plywood to board up the downstairs windows. If on the horizon the political-social climate breaks loose I will increase and upscale what I need. The validity of a shift situation on the horizon or the concern for one can be found in the internal reliablity of the repeatative themes that are entered in this board.

When the *banksters decide to pull the plug. Not a minute before or after. We are sheep and they are the sheep herders. They decide it all. Whether you have a job, whether or not you live, whether the USA is bankrupted and divided up for spoils, whether the Ponzi economy will continue indefinitely or not. Your vote, input, 'rights', or desires mean nothing. You are a very minor common stock within the corporation aka the USA; common stock has no say.

*Global elite banker families that own this country and you, lock stock and barrel.

I hope never and all my prep stuff rots where it sits.

It's sad to think we would have to teach our children how to break down, clean, SHOOT and forage to protect themselves or even you!

Have you shown them how to with the 22 yet or do you think otherwise?

My little girl is 8 and my boy is 3. I can't even get my wife interested enough to learn how to shoot, let alone break down, clean, reload, etc. I have a like minded brother who lives within 5 miles who is as well armed as I am, and our plan is for him to make his way to my homestead with his arms, if it comes to it. I just think that if it ever gets as bad as people seem to think it might, we won't be able to withstand much of an assault or even a minor onslaught. We'll hunker down and defend as best we can, but our best bet is to keep watch and hope no violent hordes make their way to our suburban area. Two guys with guns ain't enough if that ever happens. I'm realistic, and I know this scenario is unlikely, but nobody's ever going to kick in my door and threaten my kids if I'm still breathing.

We're not in any position to go out and buy precious metals or even fortify our house for any real invasion, but I think that's kind of borderline paranoia, anyway. Then again - having huge stockpiles of canned food and square footage occupied by dried goods in white buckets and stacks of bottled water and propane cannisters...That seems crazy too! I have family members who think I'm freakin' nuts. I never used to think the way I do now. Maybe I spend too much time on the internet.

Security folks tell me that if a break-in comes it will be through the back of the house. I installed painted carpet strips inside of the window frame incase someone enters through the window. Also, in the back of my mind I keep thinking of having several sheets of 4 x 8 plywood to board up the downstairs windows. If on the horizon the political-social climate breaks loose I will increase and upscale what I need. The validity of a shift situation on the horizon or the concern for one can be found in the internal reliablity of the repeatative themes that are entered in this board.

I have the 4x 8 plywood sheets - good thinking, but really, if a guy wants to crash right through the window, even with the plywood sheets nailed or screwed in, it wouldn't be that hard to just roll right through...I'd do it myself if I were desperate enough...In my house the window frames are soft wood - I could sink a thousand screws through the plywood and you could still get through with a running start.

What's the painted carpet strips supposed to do? I haven't heard that one before.

When the *banksters decide to pull the plug. Not a minute before or after. We are sheep and they are the sheep herders. They decide it all. Whether you have a job, whether or not you live, whether the USA is bankrupted and divided up for spoils, whether the Ponzi economy will continue indefinitely or not. Your vote, input, 'rights', or desires mean nothing. You are a very minor common stock within the corporation aka the USA; common stock has no say.

*Global elite banker families that own this country and you, lock stock and barrel.

I don't disagree with any of what you've said here, Noisycow. I lay awake nights thinking about this stuff and wondering "What the F*** happened to my country, my way of life, my birthright as an American citizen, and what does the future hold for my kids?" I am just fine with everything ending for me, if it has to - I'm only 38, but if I perish protecting my kids, I'm ok with that. Like I always say, if I had to trade my freedom or my life for the well being of one or both of them I'm just fine with that. ****, even in an act of vengence, if any scum bag ever laid a hand on one of my kids, I'd be fine with cashing it all in just to make sure the creep met his maker. But if everything were to crumble, and nothing was certain - no running water, no basic services, no security at all - I have to be here for them, or they don't have a chance. It's a scary time to be alive.

I hope you realize the banksters can only function because of the success of the state in accumulating massive power, thanks to the progressive movement. The Wall Street banksters are indistinguishable from the US government, they are the core of the power elite.

The state is the enemy of humanity, modern democracy is a monstrous lie, and as soon as enough people realize that, they will pull the plug.

I hope you realize the banksters can only function because of the success of the state in accumulating massive power, thanks to the progressive movement. The Wall Street banksters are indistinguishable from the US government, they are the core of the power elite.

The state is the enemy of humanity, modern democracy is a monstrous lie, and as soon as enough people realize that, they will pull the plug.

I hope you don't mind my replying to this - I do realize this. I am not an "Occupy Wall Street" type, but there is an element to that movement that speaks to me, even if most of the brain dead drones whom are paid to protest have no idea what they are even doing. You are absolutely right. Our income is leached by the government and given away to the banking corporations who we already support through enormous service fees. They can't stay afloat? Hand them BILLIONS in tax payer funds. Tough bubblegum if the people object. Meanwhile, who is getting rich(er)? I am thankful to still be employed, but I don't feel secure at all (who does?).

These days, I really make no distinction between large financial corporations, big media and government - they all scratch each other's backs and then soak us for more of what keeps them living and breathing. And I work for one of the largest multinational, historically most successful financial institutions there ever was, though not technically a "bank". The state is much the same type of entity - it depends on the blood sucking corporation to keep itself going, and the major (mainstream) media acts as its 'shield' from true and honest scrutiny. I can't decide which is the more parasitic of the three, to be honest...

Last Edited:
Lots of interesting thing here for sure

I'm not sure how long we have, but am amazed that with each month that passes that our society hasn't collapsed. I'm not sure what's keeping the house of cards from falling other than a merciful God, because I know none of our current leaders have the brains to keep things running themselves.

If I had to wager what we had in store for us in the future, it would probably be a total economic/societal collapse, followed by some kind of takeover. It would be a surprise to me if it didn't happen in the next year, but then I'm amazed we made it this long.

I hope never, and all my prep stuff rots where it sits.

Have you shown them 'how to' with the 22 yet or do you think otherwise?

i have been training my " kids" 16 and 20
we started with 22 then 38/9mm and on to 12ga/ 30-30 and finally ar15
i taught them sight picture, reloading, and of course safety.
my son is a black belt in karate (as am i ) did boy scouts for years
my baby girl has karate training also but was more into sparring
my wife has some judo training and is a zealous scrouger and cheap skate

How long?

I was watching all the drama on tv with the "occupy" movement and was thinking about jumping on this thread and asking my original question again.......

I just see more and more the things that I suspected were coming beginning to develop all around me. It's getting interesting.....

No matter what happens (or doesn't happen), I just see a huge divide in this country getting worse and worse all the time. Someone said on these boards once (I don't remember where I saw it or who said it so I can't quote it here) that their Grandpa or Dad or someone had told them a long time ago that there would be another revolution or civil war in this country and it would be between the "haves" and the "have-nots".

I wonder if that's what we're seeing the beginning of?

Meet your neighbors these are the PPL that will out on the streets WSHTF:
Three Charged After Four Disabled Adults Found Imprisoned
Published October 16, 2011
AP
This undated photo (removed for PC) provided by the Philadelphia Police Department shows (left to right) Eddie White, Linda Ann Weston and Thomas Gregory.
Three people have been charged following the discovery of four malnourished mentally disabled adults chained to a boiler in a locked basement room that was too small for an adult to stand up straight and also reeked of waste from the buckets they used to relieve themselves, police said Sunday.
Police believe the trio may have been part of an interstate conspiracy to obtain the government support checks of mentally disabled people.
The alleged ringleader, Linda Ann Weston, 51, previously served eight years in prison for starving Bernardo Ramos, 25, to death after he refused to support her sister's unborn child, The Philadelphia Inquirer reported.
Weston's boyfriend, Thomas Gregory, 47, and homeless man Eddie Wright, 49, were also arrested Sunday. Each suspect was charged with criminal conspiracy, aggravated assault, kidnapping, and other related charges.
Late Sunday night, Gregory and Wright were arraigned and held on $2.5 million bail each, while Weston was still being processed, WPVI-TV reported.
Police say they expect more charges to be filed as they continue investigating the trio's scheme that they believe stretches back at least a year and reaches as far as Florida and Texas.
Federal charges could also be added, Lt. Raymond Evers told The Philadelphia Inquirer.
"We're going to find every crime possible in the crime code to put on these individuals," Evers said.
Officers were investigating a report of squatters in a building Saturday when they found three men and a woman in a 15-by-15-foot room behind a steel door that was chained shut. The subbasement room they were in called to mind a Cold War-era bomb shelter and contained a makeshift bed, mattress and sheets, said Officer Tanya Little, a police spokeswoman.
"It was horrible," she said Sunday. "The space was very tiny and confined."
The 29-year-old woman and the men, who are 31, 35, and 41, have the mental capacity of 10-year-olds, police said. They were taken to a hospital for treatment and listed in stable condition. Little said the victims, whose names were not released, appeared to have no physical problems other than being malnourished.
Little said that getting information from the victims had been difficult due to their disability, but they apparently had been brought to Philadelphia about 10 days before they were found. They had apparently been in West Palm Beach, Florida, and before that in Texas, she said.
"It's heartbreaking that people can do such horrifying things to other people," she said

"No matter what happens (or doesn't happen), I just see a huge divide in this country getting worse and worse all the time. Someone said on these boards once (I don't remember where I saw it or who said it so I can't quote it here) that their Grandpa or Dad or someone had told them a long time ago that there would be another revolution or civil war in this country and it would be between the "haves" and the "have-nots". "

I believe it will be between the Takers and the Makers

I was watching all the drama on tv with the "occupy" movement and was thinking about jumping on this thread and asking my original question again.......

I just see more and more the things that I suspected were coming beginning to develop all around me. It's getting interesting.....

No matter what happens (or doesn't happen), I just see a huge divide in this country getting worse and worse all the time. Someone said on these boards once (I don't remember where I saw it or who said it so I can't quote it here) that their Grandpa or Dad or someone had told them a long time ago that there would be another revolution or civil war in this country and it would be between the "haves" and the "have-nots".

I wonder if that's what we're seeing the beginning of?

A free society will only tolerate a certain level of inequity and injustice, push it too far and unrest begins to take hold. I believe we are now at the tipping point.

If we're not at the tipping point, we're not far from it.

So...What do you do? I work from my home. I feel somewhat secure in my ability to keep myself safe. I have a wife working in an office building downtown Portland, a 3 year old in day care during the day, and a daughter in school 4 miles from my home. I'm just not sure what my plan should be should the crumble start, on a week day, when I'm home and everyone else is out. I can't imagine trying to function in survival mode with my family members away, not knowing where they might be, or when they might get home.

I guess we need to plan out what we'd do if the need presents itself, and make a secondary plan if we don't all have the ability to get to some rally place. Home base is home - getting the loved ones here in a sticky environment is the challenge. I worry that separation could result in me never seeing one or more of my family members again. I'm sure we all have the same concerns, but how do you guys plan for this stuff? I've read LOADS of stuff on the internet about this, but I'm not Rambo - what do we do?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top