JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife went off on me so bad this morning I thought the end of times people might just be right. Latter I found out that things went fine for most people, apparently the prophecy only applies to me! Her list of complaints went on and on, and I swear I was blamed for locusts and plagues of frogs somewhere in the list.

Wow, speaking of rewriting history, you are a PRO! I hardly know where to start, and already know it is futile to try to awaken one so brainwashed with religious-right propaganda. Yes, Israel has dry and desert areas, but it also has fine, fertile, and irrigated regions, and had vistas of olive and citrus orchards on the dry hills before the Israelis cut much of them down---Palestine was NOT EMPTY when the Zionists came. They used murder and terror and outright war to push out over a million Palestinians into refugee camps in Jordan and Lebanon, where they naturally were not welcome in those poor nations. Some of these camps still exist, and the Palestinians are second-class citizens or less in their involuntary countries of refuge. These millions of people are REAL and their anger at their robbery will not be appeased by your platitudes.

As for "770 million to rebuild Mosques" I cannot find a single reputable news source to validate that fable. It exists with variable decimal points ONLY in unsupported posts on far-right-wing religious blogs by anonymous posters, none of whom cite any valid sources of evidence. Not even a peep from Forbes.com or Fox News. Ooops.

As for forgiving billions of Egyptian debt, you must be thinking of George Bush II who forgave over SIX billion dollars of Egyptian debt, supposedly to shore up the enlightened "democratic" Mubarak regime in resisting Islamic Fundamentalism. Yeah, that worked out well! President Obama merely gave an address asking Congress to CONSIDER forgiving two billion of Egyptian debt to convert those funds to shoring up and expanding Egypt's new genuine democracy movement, the details to be worked out as the program progresses.

Personally I am against ALL American foreign aid, and urge that it be eliminated. I also am against the bigoted rewriting of history, falsification of news reporting, and the reposting of unsupported blog fantasies............................elsullo

Thank you Jamie 6.5,
I've been to Israel, and my grandfather who died at 89 yrs and would be about 120 now had been there many times from the end of WWII. There were no masses of Pals displaced.. Israel was hot, dry, untended, and mainly empty. Most of the Pals were arabs rejected by the tribal type nations around them... many placed in refugee camps by those Arab nations.
I'm glad to read that there are articulate people who know true history.
Some of our left wing posters should now lecture about separation of church & state.... But when you support a president that gave 770 million to rebuild Mosques in Egypt etc... it would be a hard separation of Mosque & state argument. Gee I wonder if all the education departments in the 50 states could have benefited from dividing up 770 million and adding it to their budgets.
Hey Zero FORGAVE HOW MANY BILLION of debt to Egypt two days ago... oh yes while borrowing from China to ensure our future generations indebtedness. Now there's a good Muslim tactic, put the infidels in SUBJECTION (Peace), through financial slavery...

MY heart felt thank you continues to go out to those of you who voted zero in '08... we couldn't have been in this s**t without YOU! Make sure you explain it to your grand kids, don't forget to revise the history (truth) and make yourself out to be a hero of change.
A1

What does a Starbucks Venti Mocha cost up there?

All I can think of is:

I dont like starbucks. I couldnt tell you what anything costs at starbucks and I've lived 300 yards away from one for the past 5 years.

tumblr_lk81hamzzt1qav9z9o1_500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, speaking of rewriting history, you are a PRO! I hardly know where to start, and already know it is futile to try to awaken one so brainwashed with religious-right propaganda. Yes, Israel has dry and desert areas, but it also has fine, fertile, and irrigated regions, and had vistas of olive and citrus orchards on the dry hills before the Israelis cut much of them down---Palestine was NOT EMPTY when the Zionists came. They used murder and terror and outright war to push out over a million Palestinians into refugee camps in Jordan and Lebanon, where they naturally were not welcome in those poor nations. Some of these camps still exist, and the Palestinians are second-class citizens or less in their involuntary countries of refuge. These millions of people are REAL and their anger at their robbery will not be appeased by your platitudes.

As for "770 million to rebuild Mosques" I cannot find a single reputable news source to validate that fable. It exists with variable decimal points ONLY in unsupported posts on far-right-wing religious blogs by anonymous posters, none of whom cite any valid sources of evidence. Not even a peep from Forbes.com or Fox News. Ooops.

As for forgiving billions of Egyptian debt, you must be thinking of George Bush II who forgave over SIX billion dollars of Egyptian debt, supposedly to shore up the enlightened "democratic" Mubarak regime in resisting Islamic Fundamentalism. Yeah, that worked out well! President Obama merely gave an address asking Congress to CONSIDER forgiving two billion of Egyptian debt to convert those funds to shoring up and expanding Egypt's new genuine democracy movement, the details to be worked out as the program progresses.

Personally I am against ALL American foreign aid, and urge that it be eliminated. I also am against the bigoted rewriting of history, falsification of news reporting, and the reposting of unsupported blog fantasies............................elsullo

E, I agree with you on ending all foreign aid. After all, if the Palestinians can build and go shopping at this mall Mideast Dispatch Archive: A nice new shopping mall opened today in Gaza: Will the media report on it? I'm guessing they can get by on their own.

/shrug

-d

P.S. As for how much longer... I'm still putting my money on the end of the year... the Holiday season of 2011 is going to be an eye opening moment in time for a lot of people.

P.P.S. As for the supposed right-wing religious brain washing... well, let's just say that it is balanced out with the left-wing media brain washing. (For a little free reading: http://www.tomgrossmedia.com/MediaMissiles.html)

Last Edited:
Elsullo, since you want to discuss history why not look up Canaan sometime. Since you think that people that resettle an area after a few decades are wrong what about the people that settled the area that was under someone elses control for a couple of thousand years?

E, I agree with you on ending all foreign aid.

Ok. Does that mean you disagree with guaranteeing Egyptian debt? You are UNAMERICAN!!!

Lifted from ZeroHedge: Bloomberg reports: "Egypt plans to raise $1 billion by selling Eurobonds this year to diversify borrowing and finance a widening budget deficit after its economy was rocked by the worst political crisis in 30 years. The five-year bonds will be backed by a U.S. “sovereign guarantee,” Finance Minister Samir Radwan said by telephone from Cairo today...President Barack Obama promised last week $2 billion in loan guarantees and debt forgiveness."

Oh wait. We are only guaranteeing $ 1 billion (plus an additional $ 1 billion 'gift'). Not too much money. No problem; just say "yes" to Egyptian bond guarantees (it feels so good to help others).

Your post is not clear. "Few decades?" The Israelis lost control of Palestine and were dispersed by the Roman Empire by the Second Century CE. The people we call "Palestinians" lived there since then, mostly converting to Islam despite multiple occupations by European Crusaders, Egyptian Mamelukes, Asian Tatars and Mongols, not to mention hundreds of years of peace under the Ottoman Empire. Actually, the Israelis originaly conquered Zion from the Philistines who were off-and-on subjects of the Babylonians, three or four thousand years ago, I forget just when, before losing it to the Romans. All of human history is a sequence of migrating tribes displacing older tribes from the real estate with all of its attendant injustice. We can't do anything about the injustice that the Romans did. We can't even really fix the injustice that the Zionists did to the Palestinians, though those memories are very fresh since they are not so old. The fact is, Israel EXISTS and is not going away. The fact is, the Palestinians EXIST and are not going away. There can never be peace in the whole world until they reach a compromise over that disputed stony land. The Israelis will have to give back some of the land that they have conquered so the Palestinians can form their own nation. Only then can any peace process begin, and President Obama is extremely courageous to spell this out, no matter what political cost to him at home................................elsullo

Elsullo, since you want to discuss history why not look up Canaan sometime. Since you think that people that resettle an area after a few decades are wrong what about the people that settled the area that was under someone elses control for a couple of thousand years?

Your post is not clear. "Few decades?" The Israelis lost control of Palestine and were dispersed by the Roman Empire by the Second Century CE. The people we call "Palestinians" lived there since then, mostly converting to Islam despite multiple occupations by European Crusaders, Egyptian Mamelukes, Asian Tatars and Mongols, not to mention hundreds of years of peace under the Ottoman Empire. Actually, the Israelis originaly conquered Zion from the Philistines who were off-and-on subjects of the Babylonians, three or four thousand years ago, I forget just when, before losing it to the Romans. All of human history is a sequence of migrating tribes displacing older tribes from the real estate with all of its attendant injustice. We can't do anything about the injustice that the Romans did. We can't even really fix the injustice that the Zionists did to the Palestinians, though those memories are very fresh since they are not so old. The fact is, Israel EXISTS and is not going away. The fact is, the Palestinians EXIST and are not going away. There can never be peace in the whole world until they reach a compromise over that disputed stony land. The Israelis will have to give back some of the land that they have conquered so the Palestinians can form their own nation. Only then can any peace process begin, and President Obama is extremely courageous to spell this out, no matter what political cost to him at home................................elsullo

Or, one of the really other really really big muslim countries could carve out a little bit of their land. Oh wait... just like redistribution of wealth nobody likes the idea when it comes to them actually losing their money. How about Egypt, or Jordan or some other cough up a wee tiny bit for the palestinians to call home... oh wait... that wouldn't work because all of those folks have promised to stop at nothing to wipe Israel out and a good step towards that it taking some of their land.

As for this being a survival thread... once again, I'm going with end of the year.

I also am against the bigoted rewriting of history, falsification of news reporting, and the reposting of unsupported blog fantasies............................elsullo

Gee, where's the fun in that?

The whole history of the world has been one people displacing another from their land, heck don't take my word for it ask a Neanderthal.

The region does suffer from a lack of fresh water,

<broken link removed>

less than a meter of rain a year on average, and that isn't going to support much ag.
In addition the aquifers are drying up.

Of course the lack of water is all Israel's fault, in the arab propaganda!

Israel can't figure out what to do they go with a peace gov than a hardline gov, and no solutions happen!

Both sides should make peace and figure out how to stay alive.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top