JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Realistically,....in your best educated opinion...How long do we have? And why?

How much time do we have left to prepare?

I'm thinking it's not going to be much longer. As unemployment rates continue to rise, sooner or later we will start to see alot of desperate people doing what they have to in order to get by. Crime rates will skyrocket. That will just be the beginning.

It may only be a matter of months and we may have to start sleeping in Condition Orange.

What do you see happening?

It could be next month, it could be a decade (or decades). There is absolutely no way to accurately predict what will happen, or when it will happen.

If you're preparing for the worst, operate on the assumption that it will happen very soon.

I am a total newbe when it comes to preparing for a shtf scenario, but I do have a decent amount of camping/backpacking gear, handguns, and a shotgun. I would definitely be interested in meeting up with or at least exchanging ideas and info with like-minded people. I'm in OR east of Springfield. I, too, see it coming closer with all of the economic issues and all of the racial tensions that are brewing.

If you're preparing for the worst, operate on the assumption that it will happen very soon.[/QUOTE]

That's very good advice.

I know everything is a possibility. Nothing may happen. That would always be the best scenario. However, with what I'm seeing happening around me, I can't help but believe there are HUGE changes of some kind coming toward us very soon. And not for the better. I'm starting to feel a serious sense of urgency in preparing for the worst. Trying to decide if it's time to get rid of some things in order to raise money for supplies. I'm curious what other people think is coming.

This is my tinfoil hat theory.....I think serious economic issues are going to continue to develop in our country. I think we're headed for another full blown depression. When that happens there will be alot of people looking for a way to get by. A large portion of them drugged out. There will be alot of anger towards the Government by those who had become dependent on Gov programs that no longer are fundable, and will demand that someone attend to their needs (because it's not their fault they are forced to abuse the welfare system). If they can't demand it from the Gov, then they'll demand it from somewhere else. Probably from you and your family at 3 A.M. A large amount of anger from those who hate the Gov and want revolution. Tensions between races, masses of unemployed, lots more poor people, more and more corruption, economy completely in the crapper, revolutionaries.....it just seems like a recipe for disaster. (Lions & Tigers & Bears, Oh My...I know) But considering what is happening around here, the future outlook appears bleak at best. I hope to God I'm wrong and things change for the better, but I'm not so sure were gonna walk away from this one unscathed.

Does anyone else just have a gut feeling like there's some kind of massive changes coming really soon?

IMO, SHTF can and will come. Its only going to take that "ONE" incident, action, government (inaction), or the action that we assume or what we know they are trying to pass and behind closed door.

It's not really going to take much. With what's happening in Arizona and the war that has spilled over our borders into our country. As the government continues to look passed what's happening. It will only take a little wind to fan the embers that are already smoldering in the ash just waiting for a little air to revive them! It's really not going to take to much start what's already here.

bubblegum may hit the fan on or before or after the first and second quarter of 2011. That is the opinion for a capital management guru that did predict the recent fall of the 2007-2009 collapse of the stock and finanical markets. It was theory the dow will hit 5500 as a result of rising unemployment, increased foreclosures and expansive gov't deficits. Increased spending on unemployment assistance, and not forcing folks to take jobs and the immigration problems are factors. TOTAL UNEMPLOYMENT IS EXPECTED TO HIS 25%. The next big fall could come early, or later. But, it is believed it will come. What will soften the fall will be a new congress that will stop this madness.

On the social front in recent days the leftist manifesto entitled: "You do not need a weatherman to know where the wind is blowing" was written in 1969 by leftists. The treatist has been cited by both the left and right in recent days. The outline of both violent and non-violent revolutionary changes have been falling into place as historically written, including, social-economic class, political and racial conflicts, etc. Google that title and read the last page of the manifesto and it will provide a chilling but familiar insight of the current times and where we may be headed. All the players are lined up, ACORN, SEIU, Black Panters, Communists and other leftists as well as those across the seas. The next congress may slow down the process but the foundation has been laid. Read the title and you will see.

My self, I have been preparing for at least 6 months picking up little things here and there. A close and very intelligent friend of mine, 58, female, and I spoke the other day and I had mentioned to her that she should have at least 30 days of supply of provisions in her downtown condo--so she would not have to leave the condo if social problems broke out. To my surprise two of her younger relatives are veterans of either Iraq or Afganistan--both were snipers. The both live in East County. Off the cuff she informed me that they had provisions, food, oil, etc. and munitions for 200 days. That is what she said "200" days, so I figured that number must mean something special to military. So, my 30 day supply was foolish. No I am increasing my supply focusing on food and water.

In the near term I will be leaving for Eastern Oregon to prepare my trailer in the remote event I have to leave the metro area. Good reading.

I strongly recomend watching the 2003 Documentary 'Weather Underground' and listen to Bill Ayers and his wife's comentary tract. In the 1960's the International Communist Conspirecy was bank rolling subversive groups world wide, especially in america. By the 1970's there were numerous groups commiting acts of terrorisim, encourageing violent acts against society through numerous riots and arson. People were murdered in thier homes in attempts to start a 'Race War' in America.
Today these same forces are attempting to accomplish the same thing through Class Warfare and Racism. The Big O has gone a long way towards insulting our allies, embracing our foes, allowed thousands of really bad dudes across our borders, supressed the middle class as well as instituting Marxist 'Reforms' and neutralizing our Constitution. Destroyed millions of jobs and the enviroment.
The next BIG move, probably post 2012, is to, like Hitler, Mao and Stalin Have his own PPL commit another terrorist act and then declare a Class Of People enemies of the state and release para-military units to terrorize and murder them.
IMHO These para-military units will be made-up of current criminal gangs as well as other bad operators in the Marxist, Liberation Theology crowd. The aim is to draw-out those willing to stand against Tyranny and destroy them in a huge show of force thus beheading any Counter-Revolution. Only then will forgine troops arrive on our soil, only then will the camps be built and the ovens lit. Only the Protected Classes and thier toadys will be safe.
The New Leaders will be isolated, protected, untouchable. Only the underlings and minions will ever be out in public, milk jugs to tempt the few still armed citizens, to come out of hiding. Any attempt against a Protected Class will cause entire populations to be decimated in reprisal.
To carry this off Big O needs to stay in power that is why he is labeling the Tea Party as racist. There will also be an increasing number of Crisies as we approach 2012, when he rufuses to surrender the White House.

Yeah,
I just became aware of Bill Ayers and Weather Underground this last week and started doing research on it. Those are the types of people I'm thinking of when I mention revolutionaries.

I also believe there's a very good chance that the 2008 Presidential Election was our last. I have a sneaking feeling that the current administration will stay in power beyond 2012 whether it's by dirty election results or other means.

It wouldn't take much to declare some kind of national emergency and suspend election processes until it's "all straightened out". These people love power too much to lose it. "Absolute power corrupts absolutely".

I'm young (early 30's) and have only seen so much in my brief time on this planet. But I have been all over the world and I do my homework. Alot of old timer's tell me that they've seen all this before, political unrest, economic swings, etc. I understand that, but it just looks to me that there's just so much that's devious with this group in power. There's always dirt in politics but these guys have truckloads.

I just have a real uneasy feeling.

Those who are like minded please come on and give your views like the others who have on this thread.

Those who think we're crazy...feel free to start poking fun anytime.

I'm trying to get a "pulse" of the view points out there on this site.

I've never really been one to think this way, much less post it in a public forum, but I'm starting to wonder if I really am crazy. Seriously.

......Or am I justified in my logic?

The Weather Underground was following the guidelines in 'Rules For Radicals' written by 2 radical professors Cloward and Piven in the 1960's, which was an americanised re-write of commie subersive lititure of the time. There are 10 basic rules and "Rules" is all over the internet. When you listen to Ayers and Dorn, when you get past thier narsicissim, Ayers fixation on sex and drugs, they slavishly ape the rules, one of which is to reverse reality. Dorn reffers to thier co-terrorist as "The gentelist soul I ever met." That man is serving 145 years for killing several police men while robbing an armoured car with the Black Panthers. Even 40 years latter they are commited to destroying america.

These events are very real. If you have read Saul Alinsky's Book, Rules ofr Radicals, there was a recent report within the last 48 hours of a demonstration at a Chase Bank spirited by Acorn. There is a current video on this on Fox News or Fox Nations this AM. It is an ugly demonstration and replicates the exact tactics outlined by Alinsky!.

Unfortunately, when I was in graduatre school I was taking some social work graduate classes. Some of those at the time were electives, such as "Community Orginization"--just like OB, but I think outlined by Alinsky. I never took any of these classes, but there were lots of graduate students that did take these.

I would not put anything past the far left. I got to know a former Weather Woman about 1968 who was always very excited to learn of anticipated bombings around the USA. I personally was friends of the family who lost love ones at the bombing of the ARMY-Physics Building at the University of Wisconsin which occured before I arrived in Madison. I was always pleased to learn that one by one each of the 4-5 members was eventually caught.

These folks are very much alive in our society and can be easily identified in your local city, state and federal governement by those that vote to raise taxes on the backs of the unemployed and private sector when the taxes are to support the government class, and entitlement programs, by example.

After reading the original thread on this topic, and the responses, it has further heightened my awareness of the acute nature of this social pathology, and revolutionary movement of the far left. If you want to see the state of mind on this topic and the developing backlash, go to Craigslist and visit many of the major cities, and click on Politics. There are some regional differences, but the sounds of political aggrivation and violence are aired on these sites.

Thanks for the info Kenno and TKDGuy. I'm like minded.

What better way to control a population than to make them dependent? You get everyone latched onto social programs (Welfare, unemployment, Section 8, the new healthcare fallacy) and they have no choice but to turn to you for help. You fund these programs off the backs of hard-working people. Eventually something has to give. (I believe by design). Either money will run out and those dependent will riot/cause civil massive civil disturbance (Greece) or the ones paying for it with their taxes will begin to resist/revolt. There you have your national emergency and can declare martial law, suspend the election indefinitely, etc... You now have total control. I think it's planned that way.

I don't want to really get into debate on the healthcare bill as some feel differently than I do, but it was obvious that was designed to create even more dependency. Look at how Pixxed Off people were at those town hall meetings. Nobody in the citizenry really wanted it. It was all over the country. They went ahead anyway, while telling us it's what we really wanted. Well unless you are blind and deaf it was obvious they shoved something through that the majority of the country didn't want. That's when I started thinking something else was up. Why in the heck would a sound-minded politician go and support something that they knew was hugely unpopular with the country? They would have to know that would cost them some serious votes. Unless it didn't matter to them, they were willing to sacrifice their future in politics to further the agenda, OR... They knew that they weren't going to lose their jobs no matter what the election results were because they have other plans there. Something aint' right.

That's why I think preparation time is coming to a close. We're looking down the barrel of the gun.

I'm with this guy.

"The Earth is degenerating today. Bribery and corruption abound. Children no longer obey their parents, every man wants to write a book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching."

From an Assyrian tablet, c. 2800 BCE

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads