JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I posted about my 1917 Enfield I had converted to 300 h&h before in this thread. Just got the stock back from the checker. I did the stock work but I can't checker. Waiting to get the metal back from the bluer. It's been 1 1/2 year project can't wait to shoot it.

Some reason the picture didn't post. I'll try again 968FB370-72CB-42FE-96B0-CEEADC656D0B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
No doubt! But very good, especially being a first attempt! If you hadn't said anything, I wouldn't have known. You should be proud.

When I say interesting lines, it has nothing to do with quality, simply a different view on the aesthetics. Stock makers all have signature styles, and some are easily identifiable. The shape of the foreend tip, the cheek piece, the wrist, even the transition to the grip cap are all unique to each maker based on their aesthetics. Make it to what looks good to you and you'll make it look good. Passion comes through in quality!

I think you will enjoy your rifle and the fact you changed it from a work horse of weapon of war into a second life and use into one of beauty and use of an all purpose hunting rifle. I had two that were made by Winchester, their barrels were beyond saving. Like you, I converted the pair into a 25-06, and a 6mm Remington, long before Remington adopted these two cartridges commercially. They were strictly a handloading endeavor back then. They still have a place in my collection after many years.

I posted about my 1917 Enfield I had converted to 300 h&h before in this thread. Just got the stock back from the checker. I did the stock work but I can't checker. Waiting to get the metal back from the bluer. It's been 1 1/2 year project can't wait to shoot it.
I cant wait to see pics and range report. Keep us posted. One thing i know about the m1917, is its such a rigid design, that generally they shoot extremely well, especially when they are properly glass bedded. Im actually kicking around the idea of having my BSA rechambered to 308 norma magnum.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top