JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oregon for me , how do you get a WA permit if you live in OR ?
It is easy. I myself have joint residency, but all you have to do is go over and pay the fee for a non-resident permit. They have no education requirements at all. You pretty much just have to pay the fee and not have a criminal record.
Just Oregon for me. I'm not sure what other states except it.
Try this link. It is very useful.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php

Just make sure to pay attention to which states only honor resident permits if you have any non-resident permits.

I have Oregon and Washington. Regarding how to get a WA permit, go to the Clark County Sherriff's office, apply, get fingerprinted, and get one in the mail. Oh yeah, you have to pay too. Yes, you can be an Oregon resident per the web page below.

See <broken link removed> for more info.

For reciprocity list, see http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Honors Oregon Permit: MT, ID, UT, AZ, AK, SD, OK, MO, IN, KY, TN, VT
Honors Washington Permit: MT, ID, UT, AZ, AK, SD, OK, MO, IN, KY, TN, VT (same as OR), PLUS TX, LA, MS, OH, VA, NC

Note that Oregon doesn't recoginize Washington's CHL/CWP/CCP, nor does WA recognize OR. By having both (which is easy for OR residents), you get to carry in the northwest states. I understand to get an Oregon permit for Washington residents, Clark County Residents can get them from Multnomah county, but must attend a safety training class, similar to the requirement imposed by Multnomah county on its own residents.

Also note that I've not verified the code or statute for each state, so I'm relying on the site above for this information. If you're going to carry into a state for which you do not have a CHL/CWP/CCP, you should verify by looking at that state's laws or regulations.

I have OR and UT. UT has reciprocity with WA and cover non-resident holder. It is almost equivalent to having OR, WA and FL except that FL does not honor non-UT-resident holders. Best bang for the buck, IMHO. Check usacarrydotcom and look for their Permit reciprocity maps in the resources page. There are a couple of folks certified to teach the UT class in the PDX area.

I have OR and UT. UT has reciprocity with WA and cover non-resident holder. It is almost equivalent to having OR, WA and FL except that FL does not honor non-UT-resident holders. Best bang for the buck, IMHO. Check usacarrydotcom and look for their Permit reciprocity maps in the resources page. There are a couple of folks certified to teach the UT class in the PDX area.
I considered the Utah permit myself, but since I had WA already the Florida one was better for me since I do go to Florida on occasion. Plus, the Florida permit does not require a special class like the Utah permit.

I considered the Utah permit myself, but since I had WA already the Florida one was better for me since I do go to Florida on occasion. Plus, the Florida permit does not require a special class like the Utah permit.

For the majority of OR residents, OR & UT permits gives the biggest bang for the buck, IMHO. In your case, I can undertstang why OR, WA & FL is optimum. I just wanted to make it easier for folks see that until the reciprosity mess is fixed at the federal level (not holding my breath), we will need threads like this.

I've got WA & Utah so far, need to get my Oregon Permit. I just need to get down there to fill out the paperwork I have credit through the Utah CPL course I took, but he said we couldn't do it out of the state had to physically go there and fill out the paperwork. But I'm covered from WA to Minnesota where I travel most often.

These are the places I know of who offer the UT class:
- Oregon Firearm Academy, Brownville, OR
- Beavercreek Armory, Beaverton, OR
- Gunsmart Firearm Training, Clackamas, OR

Notes:
1. These are by no means the only ones.
2. I've never met the owner of Gunsmart, Roger Moore, (no; it's no joke), so I cannot comment. The others are excellent. The best value is Beavercreek IMHO.
3. If you are a current CHL/CCW holder that required a safety class given by a NRA Certified Instructor, FL does not require additional training. To get your FL CCW, visit their web site, follow instructions, send in the paperwork and $117. Piece of cake! FL CCW is now valid for 7 yr! Oregon residents: FL gives you the same coverage as a UT CCW EXCEPT WA!
4. UT license is a CCW, not a CHL. That means in UT you can concleal any firearm, not just a handgun. What firearm you can conceal in the other states depends on local laws, though. I think the same applies to the FL.

Washington and Utah. Picked up the Utah license wheb I was living down there as a resident. Now I'm a Washington resident, so I don't know how that affects my Utah license...anyone know if a resident license would expire automaticaly if you move and become resident in another state? Would it then be equivalent to a non-res license, or would I reapply. Probably I need to research that question a bit to make sure my Utah is still valid.

Washington and Utah. Picked up the Utah license wheb I was living down there as a resident. Now I'm a Washington resident, so I don't know how that affects my Utah license...anyone know if a resident license would expire automaticaly if you move and become resident in another state? Would it then be equivalent to a non-res license, or would I reapply. Probably I need to research that question a bit to make sure my Utah is still valid.

Your Utah permit is no longer valid. :(

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR