JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's always something. As I mentioned before, a coworker's kid was forcibly removed by his wife's felon ex. The police were called but they got there too late and it's all now at a leisurely pace in the courts.
They are gun shopping now. People are waking up. The reality of self protection is a hard sell but people will catch on sooner or later.

This is a great point. A LOT of people did not own a gun. Many of them were not really anti, they just did not really care. Until they are a victim or know someone personally who was. When it finally happens "close to home" many finally wake up. The left and the coddle criminals along with 8 years of POTUS fueling hate for cops is catching up.

By the time WA and OR are liberated you could for get about CA you just set up on the border because Mexico would taken over So Cal

You want to get an idea what is coming ?? Look at the demographic profile of your local school districts. Many of them are over 50% Hispanic. Our local school district is 53%. I would suspect California is more. This is not a bad thing, since most of these kids are natural born US citizens.But if you think the Mexican influence will not be felt here, or the Middle Eastern influence felt in the Upper Midwest and East Coast, then keep believing the lies the MSM puts out every day.

You want to get an idea what is coming ?? Look at the demographic profile of your local school districts. Many of them are over 50% Hispanic. Our local school district is 53%. I would suspect California is more. This is not a bad thing, since most of these kids are natural born US citizens.But if you think the Mexican influence will not be felt here, or the Middle Eastern influence felt in the Upper Midwest and East Coast, then keep believing the lies the MSM puts out every day.
Yep up here in Anacortes WA the schools are great my sister is always talking bout how her kid's love the school lol I just tell her keep voting liberal and you won't be saying that in a few year's

8 years ago the housing market was totally tanked. Today in this area if a house is on the market a month it must be because its have burn down and the lots been flooded.

Business changes constantly but business goes on. After all they still make Buggy whips.

The housing market in CT is still in the toilet. I lived there from '93 - '12 & built a new home in 2005. I had a huge hunk of my own cash in it b/c I didn't want to pay mortgage insurance so when I was done with landscaping , etc it was worth about $425k. Then the crash came, my company let me go (with severance & retirement) after nearly 37 years. There weren't any jobs & I was getting about $27/hr unemployment but still couldn't get an $8.25/hr job at Lyman Corp testing handloads although I have a deep background in Engineering, Project Mgmt, yada, yada. I knew we'd do a Short Sale & it sold in Feb. 2014 for $240k. Three years later Zillow shows it's worth $273k - not exactly a booming market. In contrast we sold my mother's house in SE PDX for $279k almost exactly two years ago & Zillow shows it's worth $460k. I realize Zillow is just an indicator but the market in PDX is crazy. My son in law is a Broker & specializes in The Pearl District with most of his sales being in excess of $500k and often all cash. He's making a killing but regular folk are being priced out of the market. I think everything will collapse again but I'll be OK b/c I don't owe anyone a dime. I've also purchased a significant number of firearms since mid-2013 and I refer to them as my 401(g).

The housing market in CT is still in the toilet. I lived there from '93 - '12 & built a new home in 2005. I had a huge hunk of my own cash in it b/c I didn't want to pay mortgage insurance so when I was done with landscaping , etc it was worth about $425k. Then the crash came, my company let me go (with severance & retirement) after nearly 37 years. There weren't any jobs & I was getting about $27/hr unemployment but still couldn't get an $8.25/hr job at Lyman Corp testing handloads although I have a deep background in Engineering, Project Mgmt, yada, yada. I knew we'd do a Short Sale & it sold in Feb. 2014 for $240k. Three years later Zillow shows it's worth $273k - not exactly a booming market. In contrast we sold my mother's house in SE PDX for $279k almost exactly two years ago & Zillow shows it's worth $460k. I realize Zillow is just an indicator but the market in PDX is crazy. My son in law is a Broker & specializes in The Pearl District with most of his sales being in excess of $500k and often all cash. He's making a killing but regular folk are being priced out of the market. I think everything will collapse again but I'll be OK b/c I don't owe anyone a dime. I've also purchased a significant number of firearms since mid-2013 and I refer to them as my 401(g).
Average price of a house in Seattle over $500.000 and these are not big houses my sister 's husband 's sister paid over $600.000 for a house with basically no yard and not very big I think it's 3 bedrooms with a basement lol from what saw I wouldn't pay 200 grand for it but then again I wouldn't live in Seattle I only pass though on my way to work

Man all this talk bout the end of the world lol I have to make a decision do my laundry or go to the shooting range mmmmm well I think I still have a pair of clean underwear in the drawer so going to the range LOL

My two cents, for whatever that is worth these days is that the gun/ammo market has been artificially inflated based on little more than fear - fear of what the anti's would bring us. It was due for a correction at some point. And yes, we'll probably lose some of the smaller players in the market, which will be a loss for us, but it really was easy to see that it was going to happen one of these days.

I liken it a bit to the boom in the economy during the Clinton years. In construction we couldn't find enough workers. Overtime for everyone. There was money to burn. Eventually that level of spending couldn't be sustained and something had to let go.

Obama and the anti's were a big boon to the firearm market. He probably did more to push for gun control and restrictions than just about any president before him, though some would argue that Clinton holds that honor. I firmly believe that when someone in power says you can't own something, you immediately drive up demand for that thing. Sandy Hook was a game changer. Obama and Biden lost their sh!t and took decided to take it out on the law-abiding American gun owner rather than place blame on the shooter and the systems around him that failed. Encouraged by the fight from the White House, folks like Bloomberg jumped into the game to get some of that valuable attention for themselves. Hillary became probably the first big candidate to actually run a Presidential campaign with gun control as a major plank in her platform. All of this created fear in the public, fear that a core, constitutional right was going to be restricted or outright taken away. And the people did what they do best, panic.

So, for the last 8 years or so, people have been spending money that many of them likely couldn't afford to spend, on guns, ammo and accessories that 8 years prior they didn't own and maybe even didn't care much about owning. I never considered bothering to buy an AR before Obama, because of him, I've bought and sold several, even built my own. Thanks Barack!! I myself have focused most of my disposable income on acquiring certain types of 'targeted' firearms, ammo and accessories since I hadn't really worried about buying them before - I just assumed I could get them later, if I wanted. Obama proved that may not be true, so I responded, as did many others.

After several years of buying and selling, I have a collection that better reflects what I want to own. My purchases are falling off for now as I turn some $$ to some other items and hobbies I've kind of ignored the past few years. I will continue with some purchases of guns, etc. down the road, but the pace will definitely slow.

What I'm trying to do now is to encourage others who maybe have waited, maybe haven't bothered to buy certain items, to do so now, while those items are available and more affordable. It's a great time to try and bring in new shooters and to encourage others to maybe try something like an AR or AK if they haven't done so before.

But I'm not fooled. This is temporary. The anti's are NOT going to let this last defeat stop them. They will double their efforts and be assured, when, not if, they regain the White House and Congress, they will turn on gun owners with a ferocity we have probably yet to experience. They will be waiting to punish us for this. So, now is the time to buy and save up what you want, before we find ourselves yet again on the receiving end of their anger and hatred. For those of us in anti-gun states, we are hardly safe from attack. The fight goes on, now is not the time to bail on the industry. It's up to all of us to keep it alive and ready for the next round of attack.

My two cents, for whatever that is worth these days is that the gun/ammo market has been artificially inflated based on little more than fear - fear of what the anti's would bring us. It was due for a correction at some point. And yes, we'll probably lose some of the smaller players in the market, which will be a loss for us, but it really was easy to see that it was going to happen one of these days.

I liken it a bit to the boom in the economy during the Clinton years. In construction we couldn't find enough workers. Overtime for everyone. There was money to burn. Eventually that level of spending couldn't be sustained and something had to let go.

Obama and the anti's were a big boon to the firearm market. He probably did more to push for gun control and restrictions than just about any president before him, though some would argue that Clinton holds that honor. I firmly believe that when someone in power says you can't own something, you immediately drive up demand for that thing. Sandy Hook was a game changer. Obama and Biden lost their sh!t and took decided to take it out on the law-abiding American gun owner rather than place blame on the shooter and the systems around him that failed. Encouraged by the fight from the White House, folks like Bloomberg jumped into the game to get some of that valuable attention for themselves. Hillary became probably the first big candidate to actually run a Presidential campaign with gun control as a major plank in her platform. All of this created fear in the public, fear that a core, constitutional right was going to be restricted or outright taken away. And the people did what they do best, panic.

So, for the last 8 years or so, people have been spending money that many of them likely couldn't afford to spend, on guns, ammo and accessories that 8 years prior they didn't own and maybe even didn't care much about owning. I never considered bothering to buy an AR before Obama, because of him, I've bought and sold several, even built my own. Thanks Barack!! I myself have focused most of my disposable income on acquiring certain types of 'targeted' firearms, ammo and accessories since I hadn't really worried about buying them before - I just assumed I could get them later, if I wanted. Obama proved that may not be true, so I responded, as did many others.

After several years of buying and selling, I have a collection that better reflects what I want to own. My purchases are falling off for now as I turn some $$ to some other items and hobbies I've kind of ignored the past few years. I will continue with some purchases of guns, etc. down the road, but the pace will definitely slow.

What I'm trying to do now is to encourage others who maybe have waited, maybe haven't bothered to buy certain items, to do so now, while those items are available and more affordable. It's a great time to try and bring in new shooters and to encourage others to maybe try something like an AR or AK if they haven't done so before.

But I'm not fooled. This is temporary. The anti's are NOT going to let this last defeat stop them. They will double their efforts and be assured, when, not if, they regain the White House and Congress, they will turn on gun owners with a ferocity we have probably yet to experience. They will be waiting to punish us for this. So, now is the time to buy and save up what you want, before we find ourselves yet again on the receiving end of their anger and hatred. For those of us in anti-gun states, we are hardly safe from attack. The fight goes on, now is not the time to bail on the industry. It's up to all of us to keep it alive and ready for the next round of attack.

Sage advice. +1
The notion of whether or not people could afford their purchases is relative. It's easy for us on the outside to look and say, "you had to put that on credit card, you cannot afford it."
To some, it's a perception of life or death in an uncertain future, and so they can easily justify overextending themselves in "securing their future." As I interpret it, they thought they could not afford to NOT do it.

Last Edited:
Sage advice. +1
The notion of whether or not people could afford their purchases is relative. It's easy for us on the outside to look and say, "you had to put that on credit card, you cannot afford it."
To some, it's a perception of life or death in an uncertain future, and so they can easily justify overextending themselves in "securing their future." As I see it, they could not afford to NOT do it.
I shop for lots of stuff online I use PayPal and PayPal credit and I use a credit card but I never Max it out and I make payment 's every week sometime big payments some time small ones always something

Inside-out rules apply. Go shooting.
I decided not to go to range but I didn't do laundry I put my new FDE upper on my 300 BLK OUT IMAG0661.jpg old upper and vortex IMAG0781.jpg new upper and new vortex so you know what that means I have a extra upper and a few 80% lowers and some parts lying around hmmmmm what to do with them I GUESS I COULD PUT THEM TOGETHER LOL

Last Edited:
What the heck?
Did the previous administration pull all of there stocks out of there fire arms business.
I will bet they did.

This can only lead to higher quality top shelf weapons and fewer dealers in parts such as PSA.

If you ever complained about the time it took to get your parts
Now you know how a smart business is run.
Low inventory build it under controlled guide lines as needed.

Reading about this company has impressed me from the beginning.
The strong will survive
PSA 16" Mid-length 5.56 NATO 1:8 Stainless Steel Freedom Rifle Kit - 508077

Buy the NWF lower and you are in
Silver Hand

Last Edited:
In contrast we sold my mother's house in SE PDX for $279k almost exactly two My son in law is a Broker & specializes in The Pearl District with most of his sales being in excess of $500k and often all cash. He's making a killing but regular folk are being priced out of the market. I think everything will collapse again but I'll be OK b/c I don't owe anyone a dime.

The market collapse in the 06 to 09 time frame was a direct result of the junk financing out there. A lot of big lenders got burned , with the majority of the losses being in the sub 300 market. Right now you are seeing an out migration from big metro areas to smaller markets like Portland and Eugene with buyers bringing cash into these lower pressure markets.

In case people have not noticed the sub 300 market is gone, and buyers who were limited to that market are back to renting, and having a much larger portion of their incomes taken by housing costs, which is going to destroy their abilities to spend discretionary dollars.

Buyers are coming to the Northwest from California in droves with cash and have no problem buying a house for 300 and then dump another 70 into and still have 500 in the bank. The local jobs economy and its employees cannot compete with that. I do not see where the market will collapse again like that, we are getting ready to sell this next year and move to Central Oregon, taking our profits and building mortgage free there.

Average price of a house in Seattle over $500.000 and these are not big houses my sister 's husband 's sister paid over $600.000 for a house with basically no yard and not very big I think it's 3 bedrooms with a basement lol from what saw I wouldn't pay 200 grand for it but then again I wouldn't live in Seattle I only pass though on my way to work
Seattle has it's chickens coming home. The city has long been in a race to the bottom with SanFran. They are ending up with large sections of the city where it's wealthy and large sections where it's no mans land when the sun goes down. The people caught in the middle are suffering. The very rich who have conned the voters of course don't care. They live in protected area's and love to say how all Cops are bad. When the scum come to where they live though they start screaming like stuck pigs for the Cops to come protect them. Sadly the voters there are largely getting just what they deserve. Be careful what you ask for.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top