JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well if stores are asking for more and the factory is getting backed up,whattayagunnado?
The Murdochs?(whatever) doesn't carry Remington at all. They say they just aren't selling that good. Just no demand for them at most of their stores.And they have 30+ stores so they can get a feel for the market around the area. That includes Montana,Colorado,Wyoming and Idaho.
So is this a trend in more areas? Are folks just staying away from Remington?

I'm staying away from new Remington long rifles because the quality has been lacking for years. I'll find a 60, 70 or 80's model then be happy.

Like everything, there are brisk times in sales and slow.
If you make a good product and have a customer friendly price and warranty service , you should be okay during lean times.

If however you let your quality go down , offer high prices because of a old established name , get sold and lumped in with a corporation that only cares to make money at any cost , and not really caring about the making of guns ... Then you might be in trouble.
Andy

.... a skilled manager who actually knows what he's doing.

KUDOS! That is pretty rare in my field. We either have folks who actually know what they are doing, but have extremely poor management/people skills, or paper pushers without a clue (they are kind of funny, until some of there ideas get a little wonky...).

KUDOS! That is pretty rare in my field. We either have folks who actually know what they are doing, but have extremely poor management/people skills, or paper pushers without a clue (they are kind of funny, until some of there ideas get a little wonky...).

Its just a personality thing that was honed by a stint in the Army. Being bossy only works when you are the boss.

I for one don't see this as a downturn. The market was artificially heated by politicians and (what turned out to be, thank goodness) their hyperbole.
I will be taking advantage of the market and will probably make a quality build now at a decent price.

I bought a Remington 1911 R1 last year. Out of the box, for the money, this is a very nice 1911.
I wasn't slamming their 1911s as junk. Just saying that their not the only game in town. The 1911 market, at ALL price tiers, is almost as saturated as the AR market. One less, or one more, entry-level 1911 isn't gonna shake up the market. I also think that some of their previous QC issues will keep them from capitalizing on the great name in the higher-end markets w more expensive hand-fitted "boutique" guns.
Kinda the way Harley-Davidson lost it's way during the AMF days...it took a while before they were considered "premium" again. On the plus side, those 70s bikes are pretty collectable now days.

I for one don't see this as a downturn. The market was artificially heated by politicians and (what turned out to be, thank goodness) their hyperbole.
I will be taking advantage of the market and will probably make a quality build now at a decent price.

I see downturns now and big downturns on the horizon. Olympics already a casualty of their own hubris and if Colt doesnt take a big crap here in the next year I'll be shocked. Its not the manufacturers fault though. The gun buying public just overbought for the last few years and have a safe full of stuff they largely bought on speculation. I know i did and won't be buying anything new any time soon. Do I really need 6 AR's?

Do I really need 6 AR's?
IMG_0549.JPG

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews