JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went to sight in a scope on my Ruger American Hunter. First time shooting it this year because I was waiting for this scope. I got some inexpensive 7.62x51 Buffalo Adrenaline ammo from BiMart. I was going to get it on paper then use some Federal I have. The Buffalo jammed in the action after firing a round. I had to hammer the bolt back with an armour's wrench. When I used the Federal ammo there were no issues. That reminded me last year I used some Igman ammo, also from BiMart and had the same issue.

For the Igman, I have shot it through my PSA AR10 with no problems. The spent cases look fine from what I could see. Wondering is this a case of off-brand ammo or the Ruger.

20230613_193412.jpg 20230613_194831~2.jpg

Last Edited:
. The Buffalo jammed in the action after firing a round. I had to hammer the bolt back with an armour's wrench. When I used the Federal ammo there were no issues. That reminded me last year I used some Igman ammo, also from BiMart and had the same issue.
my best guess is if it chambered fine but didnt extract its the ammo, and in a bad way...

I could maybe guess that maybe.....

Military spec (or say military surplus ammo) uses "though primers".....in order to prevent "slam fires".

Hummm......remember.....even some 9mm ammo will not got off reliably in a Glock. But in a Browning Hi-Power.....the same ammo may go off with ease.

LOL.....
My son likes to point out.....that there are various militaries that uses the Glock.

My response is, "Sucks to be them."

1686718210363.png

LOL.

BUT, But, but....
Getting back to the rifle.....
Well, with a "civilian rifle(s)". Maybe, you might just run across a problem with some ammo. So, that Federal ammo (assuming it's using Federal Primers). OK, Ok, ok.....Federal primers are said to be (or known) to be on the "easier to set off/softer" side of the spectrum (speaking of various primer brands).

And....the specs for QC. Military ammo vs. Civilian production. Also add....chambers. Military vs. Civilian rifle. But, it doesn't just stop there. You might remember, my own adventures in reloaded ammo......my son's bolt action Rem vs. my M1a. Yeah....same ammo.....worked fine in my M1a. But couldn't chamber into his bolt action rifle. And, the ammo passed the gauge testing.

Aloha, Mark

PS....last thing.
LOL.
The Browning Hi-Power. Even approved for use by the NAZIs.

1686718780759.png

Call me a Glock Hater. If you must.

Last Edited:
Went to sight in a scope on my Ruger American Hunter. First time shooting it this year because I was waiting for this scope. I got some inexpensive 7.62x51 Buffalo Adrenaline ammo from BiMart. I was going to get it on paper then use some Federal I have. The Buffalo jammed in the action after firing a round. I had to hammer the bolt back with an armour's wrench. When I used the Federal ammo there were no issues. That reminded me last year I used some Igman ammo, also from BiMart and had the same issue.

For the Igman, I have shot it through my PSA AR10 with no problems. The spent cases look fine from what I could see. Wondering is this a case of off-brand ammo or the Ruger.

View attachment 1437329 View attachment 1437331
I've shot thousands of rounds of the adrenaline 7.62x51 from bimart. Accuracy out of my 1919A4 is good enough for a belt fed 😎 no problems with either ar10 running it either. Have never shot it through a bolt gun though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top