JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So my wife and I have discussed the possibility of us moving to another state. We don't have a specific destination, or timeline, or even have decided that we will move.

One of my criteria would be consideration of the gun laws in the other state.

This morning we were talking about Vermont and I discovered they passed a high capacity feeding device law in 2018.

So my question, which I'm interested in hearing others opinions is: What about my ruger pc carbine when using my glock 19 mag?

Clearly, since this is the original mag provided by glock for the use with the glock then it's a handgun mag. But being inserted into a long gun.

Discuss
I very fact that this law exist in that state means I'm not going to move to that state.
I'm also thinking about moving and I'm going to move to a no red flag law state.
Or maybe ever better a anti red flag law state. Oklahoma is the first state to do this but more are starting anti red flag laws to protect citizens.

@ leadcouncil

I did not mean to imply that I was OK with any restrictions, leading to a slippery slope, etc.

I was stating my opinion about having multiple options for moving to a new place, and my criteria regarding existing firearm laws for a given prospective place to relocate. I understand that mag capacity laws are low hanging fruit and may be an indication of what direction future laws may move in a given area. However, while for me 2A issues may be my number one consideration, it may be somewhere else in the continum of issues in deciding to move for someone else.

In addition, for someone looking to relocate their life to a new area, existing conditions are a known quantity, whereas the 'slippery slope' is conjecture that must be evaluated at an individual level. Case in point, consider the number of states who had restrictive firearms laws that have adopted constitutional carry in the last decade.

Taken at face value, the OP asked about magazine capacity specifically as criteria for a move (not about, say, the costs of moving, or average rainfall in a prospective area) and I responded with my opinion regarding that specific issue. At the end of the day, if the OP finds a place that is fantastic for him, but magazine capacity restricions are the biggest issue, then I say move there and work within the legal framework.

Yep. Agree! The OP may have other issues to deal with though. Overall, I think mag a mag capacity limit in and of itself should be a minor consideration....although places with mag capacity limits generally have other restrictions that for me are of greater concern.

Yep. Agree! The OP may have other issues to deal with though. Overall, I think mag a mag capacity limit in and of itself should be a minor consideration....although places with mag capacity limits generally have other restrictions that for me are of greater concern.

Mag capacity bans, by themselves in a vacuum, not the end of the world. The problem is 1) the mentality that a state will ruin your life and put you in prison because of a pointless law and arbitrary length of a spring and piece of metal or plastic. That is just so fundamentally wrong and in plain violation of the 2A it's unsettling. 2) It's never in a vacuum, but it's a foretelling of more gun control to come because it represents a complete lack of care or understanding or adherence to their oath of office to the Bill of Rights, human rights of self defense, and just blind anti-gun views regardless of logic or application of history and facts. In short, it's principle. It's like say, "oh, our government officials only rape people on the first day of the month, so really that's just 12 times per year so that's not too bad..."

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads