JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While I think the law ( Magazine ban ) is BS...
It is the law.

A private citizen may get away with not complying or ignoring the law.
Or even never get caught if he is smart about things.
A gun shop is a whole different matter.

Do I think it is dumb...yes I do think the law is dumb.
Do I think the gun shop was dumb for selling magazines that are not allowed to be sold here in Washington....yes.

Is it patriotic to disobey unjust laws....yes.
However...
It is easy if we are talking about an individual.
If we are talking about a gun shop...
Well now...
A gun shop nowadays , especially here in Washington and Oregon will have a lot eyes on it.
Then there is all those legal fees mentioned in the article...who is going to help the shop pay those...?
How 'bout helping to keep the shop open...lots of bills there I would guess....

Do what you want in regards to laws like these.
Payoff versus risk comes into play here.
And if you ignore or break a law...be smart about it ...as well as understanding that there will be consequences.
Andy

Last Edited:
The Turd just gave the owner of that shop standing for his own lawsuits against the ban and against the AG office. This should be interesting.

I wouldn't sell them out of a shop in public view. Although I give them props for pushing back. We saw it with Covid and we will continue to see it with other issues. There will be major overreach. Most will comply and a select few will push back. Politicians don't like those who refuse to comply. They think we work/serve them when it's supposed to be the exact opposite.

Buy what you want. Sell what you want. But do it behind closed doors with those you trust. Keep your circle small.

When I read the court documents with this BS, there were pictures attached, which the AG's henchmen took of the scary, evil "hi cap" mags, either in their cars right outside the shop or what appears to be in their homes after buying the mags. I'm assuming they paid sales tax during this "controlled buy" op, is the state funding criminal activity at that point?

I hope when the mag ban is found unconstitutional the gunshop owner can start down the wrongful-arrest road and cause ol' Turdy no end of grief.

I hope when the mag ban is found unconstitutional the gunshop owner can start down the wrongful-arrest road and cause ol' Turdy no end of grief.
Was anyone arrested?

This article only says, "Ferguson will file a motion for a preliminary injunction to block the store from selling more of the magazines, and require the store to destroy or return any remaining magazines." I am not sure what an injunction will do that the law does not already do.

Was anyone arrested?

This article only says, "Ferguson will file a motion for a preliminary injunction to block the store from selling more of the magazines, and require the store to destroy or return any remaining magazines." I am not sure what an injunction will do that the law does not already do.
Semantics. He faces a fine of $7500 for each magazine sold. That isn't going to be settled in a civil court, it's going to be criminal. If he pays one cent in fines he'll have standing to sue the state and ol' Turdy.

Semantics. He faces a fine of $7500 for each magazine sold. That isn't going to be settled in a civil court, it's going to be criminal. If he pays one cent in fines he'll have standing to sue the state and ol' Turdy.
It was just an observation that is hard to have a case for wrongful arrest if you are not arrested. I agree with the rest.

It is the law.

Do I think the gun shop was dumb for selling magazines that are not allowed to be sold here in Washington....yes.

However...
Well now...
A gun shop nowadays , especially here in Washington and Oregon will have a lot eyes on it.
Then there is all those legal fees mentioned in the article...who is going to help

It is the law.

However...
Well now...
Then there is all those legal fees mentioned in the article...who is going to help the shop pay those...?
How 'bout helping to keep the shop open...lots of bills there I would guess....

Do what you want in regards to laws like these.
Payoff versus risk comes into play here.
And if you ignore or break a law...be smart about it ...as well as understanding that there will be consequences.
Andy
Man, you really got me fired up with this.....mushrooms being sold, ARE YOU bubblegumING bubblegumTING ME?!?!???!!! But I cant...........dude........currently gritting my teeth.......

This is the way.

It was patriotic. This shouldn't even be a question.

Just because a law was past does not mean that law is constitutional. Petty tyrants pass unconstitutional laws all the time. And magazine bans are CLEARLY unconstitutional. I could make a real good argument that we ALL have a duty and responsibility NOT to follow unconstitutional laws.

Moreover, can you imagine how things would be if EVERY gun shop gave Inslee and his jackbooted thugs a giant middle finger and refused to comply with this BS?

Our founders must be turning over in their graves. And if they were still alive, they'd be shooting people by now.

WOLVERINES!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads