JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So this is an interesting development. In anticipation of the upcoming Harney County trial starting on the 18th, over the course of the last few months I have been purchasing what i can before the trial potentially moves and 114 possibly implemented. All has been smooth sailing, buying "hi cap" mags from all the major retailers with all of them shipping no problem. I have almost everything I need, however though i would buy just a couple more 16 rd Staccato mags.

I first went to order from Staccato directly, but they are currently out of stock on their 16 rounders, so went to Dawsons Precisions website. Since Dawson is so closely linked business wise with Staccato, and that is where I bought my P along with Dawsons optic mount and Ice comp. All told, probably have spent upwards of $4000 to Dawson buying the P and accessories/extra mags etc. So thought no big deal. Placed the order online on their website, and went to bed thinking all is good.

The next day I get an email from their customer service, stating they need to talk to me about my order, and to call them. Ok weird i thought, but called them. The CS guy asked if I was law enforcement, and when I said no, he said they cant sell to me due to current Oregon law. I attempted to explain to him on the phone that the law was not in place, that there was a stay in Harney County, but he kept interrupting me/not letting me finish, and told me that I could send him an email and they would review the info. OK, so i sent him the attached email, and rather than summarize or mis-characterize, i have just attached screenshots of our subsequent email exchange. Even with me sending them liberal news media and the actual website of the "Lift Every Voice" group that literally wrote 114, where they ALL say law is currently not implemented and stay in place, they refused to budge and cancelled my order. Note that when i was talking to the rep, I was calm, professional, did not raise my voice or get angry, was just trying to explain to them something that would help them in getting more sales while they can.

I guess they dont need my or my many firearm friends sales. Ordered from a different vendor, who already shipped. I get that companies dont want to run afoul of the law, but it is unreal how quickly some gun companies will run the other way, and in doing so, leave those of us behind enemy lines high and dry. This will be my last purchase from Dawson.

IMG_2947.jpeg IMG_2948.jpeg IMG_2954.jpeg

I can't really blame a vendor for putting their business at risk because of one state, and the unknowns associated with continuing litigation. That being said, the details of your experience, is the kind of information needed to help in the lawsuits. Tony Aiello Jr is the attorney handling the Harney County case. You can contact him at https://ruralbusinessattorneys.com/attorneys/ The people fighting for us need to know about actual damages. When these instances occur, let the attorneys know about it.

I don't speak for any of the law firms, I only know that we need to equip those fighting on our behalf. Don't know if they can actually use your information, but at least we're doing something other than complaining on the internet.

PSA is doing sort of the same thing. With their own products, they'll ship "high-cap" mags to Oregon, but with third-party vendors, such as Glock, Sig, Colt, etc, they won't ship high-cap mags. 🙄

I don't have a PSA product, and I won't be purchasing from them. There's only so much stupid I can tolerate.

PSA is doing sort of the same thing. With their own products, they'll ship "high-cap" mags to Oregon, but with third-party vendors, such as Glock, Sig, Colt, etc, they won't ship high-cap mags. 🙄

I don't have a PSA product, and I won't be purchasing from them. There's only so much stupid I can tolerate.
Third party is drop shipping, they don't ship.

Y'all can get as mad at gun stores, but you're going to run out of gun stores that you can buy from that way.

Do you have an Android, Apple or Microsoft product? Do you shop at Costco? Do you have a bank account? All of the above actively fund gun grabbing activities, but I'm more than confident that you shop with them.

Third party is drop shipping, they don't ship.

Y'all can get as mad at gun stores, but you're going to run out of gun stores that you can buy from that way.

Do you have an Android, Apple or Microsoft product? Do you shop at Costco? Do you have a bank account? All of the above actively fund gun grabbing activities, but I'm more than confident that you shop with them.
Oh I'm not doing this to all gun stores, just PSA. And yes, I'm well aware that 99% of Corporations in this country operate under Liberal, anti-gun policies, thanks. Just wish PSA would be slightly smarter in that regard.

Oh I'm not doing this to all gun stores, just PSA. And yes, I'm well aware that 99% of Corporations in this country operate under Liberal, anti-gun policies, thanks. Just wish PSA would be slightly smarter in that regard.
I'm not entirely sure why you're mad at PSA that their vendors won't sell to you, but whatever. Add Beretta, Gunmag Warehouse, Midway, Brownells and Wilson Combat to your list.

I'm not entirely sure why you're mad at PSA that their vendors won't sell to you, but whatever. Add Beretta, Gunmag Warehouse, Midway, Brownells and Wilson Combat to your list.
All of those businesses are still selling to Oregon. And this isn't the "vendors" fault, this is just PSA. I just bought a CZ and Kel-Tec last month with 19 and 16 round mags respectively. PSA would either cancel the order or take out the mags. But....they would sell me an AR they made with a 30 round mag included.

If you don't see a problem with that, then I can't help you.

All of those businesses are still selling to Oregon. And this isn't the "vendors" fault, this is just PSA. I just bought a CZ and Kel-Tec last month with 19 and 16 round mags respectively. PSA would either cancel the order or take out the mags. But....they would sell me an AR they made with a 30 round mag included.

If you don't see a problem with that, then I can't help you.
All of those vendors will not ship normal capacity magazines to Oregon.

I suspect that some of this stuff has to do with supply chain timing. As we get closer to the court date no one wants get stuck with then refused or impounded freight. I'm getting lets wait and see what happens with the courts before my retailers place a restocking order. If they can't sell guns they won't be needing much ammo and if they close the doors they won't be needing any.

They wouldn't ship me a 30 round Beretta 92 mag; good luck with your boycotts.
I bought $980 worth of mags from GunMagWarehouse, so sorry I guess? :s0092: Interestingly enough on the Beretta mag front, I'll probably be buying a Beretta 92A1 this week, and there's also no restrictions on that from the vendor I'm looking at. It will be nice to have more 15 round mags lol.

I bought $980 worth of mags from GunMagWarehouse, so sorry I guess? :s0092: Interestingly enough on the Beretta mag front, I'll probably be buying a Beretta 92A1 this week, and there's also no restrictions on that from the vendor I'm looking at. It will be nice to have more 15 round mags lol.
I recommend a Langdon tactical. Good luck on your quest.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews