JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Three timelines should be considered here:
  • the amount of time since the Constitution was ratified,
  • the amount of time the store first made revenue from selling standard capacity magazine
  • the time those magazine were banned
The SCOTUS has ruled only the first counts. The second comes into play if the FerMagoo decides to proceed to fine the store. In a perfect non-tyrannical state, FerMagoo would stop enforcing such laws. It opens up numerous lawsuits until the cows come home.

Semantics. He faces a fine of $7500 for each magazine sold. That isn't going to be settled in a civil court, it's going to be criminal. If he pays one cent in fines he'll have standing to sue the state and ol' Turdy.

It was just an observation that is hard to have a case for wrongful arrest if you are not arrested. I agree with the rest.

A major (negative) issue with "standing" is that you actually have to wait for the state to first shoot you in the face before you can file a lawsuit for governmental chicanery…

When I first read this article, I thought of the countless threads on here about how an FFL should just do this or that despite the law. Hopefully FDG doesn't become the 2A martyr many have been advocating for.
I don't recall seeing anyone suggesting FFL's should break the law. There has been a lot of, "FFL's should take advantage of the laws that allow them to do more than they are currently doing"... but it would be rather stupid for a retail FFL to blantantly defy the letter of the law.

That WA shop... I have no idea what their motivation or circumstances were/are or why they chose to sell illegal mags to the general public from their store front... but it's pretty much a no-brainer they would get caught, eventually.

At least "try" to be a little clever about it if you're going to choose to not comply. Sell em 10rd'ers but there's a guy around back in a van that's swapping 10's with a receipt for standard capacity.... and no one knows his name.... 🤣

Last Edited:
It's nice to see patriots but damn that seemed a little reckless 🤣. Hard to fight local gov tied into big gov. Unconstitutional, yes. Fighting a gov that doesn't adhere to the constitution requires a certain...tact 😏

I had an interesting conversation at an LGS recently.

I mentioned that I had been looking at double stack (2011) and would probably be waiting for the mag-ban bs to sort out.

LGS droid " I'll sell it to you with a 10-round magazine. I guarantee it will hold at least 10 rounds. If it will hold more than 10 rounds I can't say".

Things that make you go hummm

I had an interesting conversation at an LGS recently.

I mentioned that I had been looking at double stack (2011) and would probably be waiting for the mag-ban bs to sort out.

LGS droid " I'll sell it to you with a 10-round magazine. I guarantee it will hold at least 10 rounds. If it will hold more than 10 rounds I can't say".

Things that make you go hummm
When the great clinton ban was looking to go away I made a LOT of cash off Ebay this way. Took a chance and sold off the standard mags I had at the insane prices they were going for. Would list them as "10 round per ebay rules" which pics clearly showing what they were. Few of the auctions got shut down I would just put them back up. What I did NOT do though was ship to states that already had state laws against this. I am really shocked that any FFL would be willing to poke the local AG like this.

I don't recall seeing anyone suggesting FFL's should break the law. There has been a lot of, "FFL's should take advantage of the laws that allow them to do more than they are currently doing"... but it would be rather stupid for a retail FFL to blantantly defy the letter of the law.

That WA shop... I have no idea what their motivation or circumstances were/are or why they chose to sell illegal mags to the general public from their store front... but it's pretty much a no-brainer they would get caught, eventually.

At least "try" to be a little clever about it if you're going to choose to not comply. Sell em 10rd'ers but there's a guy around back in a van that's swapping 10's with a receipt for standard capacity.... and no one knows his name.... 🤣
It's nice to see patriots but damn that seemed a little reckless 🤣. Hard to fight local gov tied into big gov. Unconstitutional, yes. Fighting a gov that doesn't adhere to the constitution requires a certain...tact 😏
Somebody had to get "Standing" in order to sue the state over this law. The owner of that shop took a big gamble, but if he wins this, WE win too. Tthe ban gets tossed, He gets to sell lots of magazines and and we get to buy them. And the Turd can eat dung for violating his oath to uphold the Constitution.

I'm in the "disagree" camp. By openly defying the unconstitutional BS, they've drawn their line and said, "no more." It's very traditionally American.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top