JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't think everyone knows about SB 941, unless you're connected to a group like this or maybe a gun club, etc. Average Joe that buys a gun once in a long while, probably doesn't know anything about it,
AND I believe the lack of knowledge of the law is probably much more widespread than could be guessed. I regularly hear people tell me they went to look a gun and the seller had no knowledge of the law.

I know I used to do many more trades than I do now. Most transactions now are cash only.
People were more willing to trade for something they hadn't tried before. Values up and down just depended on finding the right buyer.
Trades now have that additional $60 fee, plus the Government induced delay.
The plus in the new BGC is while waiting for the check call back you can have a chance to get to know another forum member.

Well didn't have time to read everything but I built a AR15 for my sister for XMAS gift lol lower I bought so it's in my name so I give it to her in Christmas and then have to take it back home with me because we have to go pay a transfer fee and do a background check for it lol

Whether I like the BGC law or not, I adhere to it when buying/trading used firearms. No one mentioned CIVIL as opposed to CRIMINAL liability for ignoring the new BGC law.
If you illegally sell a gun to someone outside the new law and the gun ends up being used in a crime you could be sued for $ by the crime victim. The BGC while horrible is some ways is a pretty good CYA measure in others.
I obey the BGC law because I am FAR more concerned about losing our house than I am getting a misdemeanor on my record.

I get on hold every time so I just deal with it I know when I buy a gun I will not be able to shoot it for 7 day's the B.S. ABOUT THE LAW IS if I already own 12 guns do you really think making me wait 7 day's for another one will make you safe lol

What I dislike the most about many gun laws is that they only affect the law abiding gun owner.
That and why should I , someone who hasn't broken any law , be held accountable for those that do?
Andy

That's the part that really gets me. Some low life or kook does something stupid with a gun. Liberals have 2 reactions. 1 they make excuses for the criminal. It was not the criminals fault. 2 is champion more laws that have zero effect on the criminal.

That's the part that really gets me. Some low life or kook does something stupid with a gun. Liberals have 2 reactions. 1 they make excuses for the criminal. It was not the criminals fault. 2 is champion more laws that have zero effect on the criminal.
Like I said I already own 12 guns but if I go crazy if decided to go on a robbery spree or a killing spree do you really think I'm going to go buy a new gun and wait seven days lol nope I don't think so these laws protect no one

Like I said I already own 12 guns but if I go crazy if decided to go on a robbery spree or a killing spree do you really think I'm going to go buy a new gun and wait seven days lol nope I don't think so these laws protect no one
The morons who champion these laws fall into 2 camps. They either have zero clue about anything and think they are helping. Or they know full well they are just making it hard on the law abiding because they want power. Most are in the "I want more power for me" camp. They get a lot of idiots to go along who are "useful idiots".

Fact the last few mass shooter 's passed background checks and waited the time but still did the crime OH YEA IN A GUN FREE ZONE MMMMM. You want to stop or discourage mass shooting 's let more law-abiding people carry guns these people who do these crime s are cowards they go to places where there will be nobody there to fight back against them

Glad to have it, but should be no cost to buyer/seller, we pay taxes, the government already has my finger prints (birth record LoL)

I feel like it is better than doing nothing, or denying accountability due to ignorance. Takes more to buy a car than a gun a lot of places, granted cars kill more people than guns. Of course crooks will always find a way around it, doesn't mean we should make it easier on them.

I would say no, not really. Except that I would prefer to buy milsurp, but choose to go with the new route instead... seeing as a new rifle is cheaper than most milsurp now days.
It makes me cry a little inside, until I pick up my AR or the MK25.

Why would a criminal buy a gun ... When he could steal one instead?
Why would a criminal buy a gun from a "Square John" , for market value , when he could buy one from another criminal , cheaper on the black market?

Not trying to argue here ... Just tossing out what I think.
Nor am I saying that a criminal has never bought a gun from a private sale ...
I just think that it doesn't happen enough to warrant a BGC law for every sale.
Andy

To some degree, yes.

While not in the process of building a collection, I, for one, would have liked to end up with a "paperless" inventory through private purchases and trades. But not at the potential risk of prosecution and ridiculous penalties.

So, while violent criminal behavior remains largely unaddressed...
the personal business of otherwise law abiding citizens becomes a new crime altogether. This, with agents baiting covert deals around armslist. And gun shows where the left's fabricated "loophole" doesn't actually exist. Active and intentional entrapment.

Way to go Salem! In another time, you vote-whoring bastards would be tarred and feathered by... us.

Last Edited:
Hypothetically.
No , because draconian laws like SB941 do not apply.
For the solution is more ammo and less paper, unlike some lobbys that claim no compliance lets just say 1000's actually don't comply.

I am not suggesting anyone run in the street, not wear clean underwear, or eat chocolate for breakfast.
I am not a attorney spokesperson. And no laws apply to me since I lost all my firearms in a boat accident like so many tragically have. :(o_O

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top