JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The fact that the queue is hovering right around 4-5 days before approval, around 2000 in the queue, for going on several months now, no way that is a coincidence. I hate to be that tin foil hat wearing guy, but there is just no way that the amount of buyers has just magically matched the number of approvals that can be completed for so long. IMO it is a way for them to implement a 'wait period', a law they would love to have on the books, but because it isnt yet here is their work around. They found out last year when the queue went to 40K, and per Oregon law FFLs started releasing after 3 days, that they had to limit it to around that time frame. So here we are. I am fortunate to always get instant approvals, but the couple of times I havent it has been due to entry error.

PS- we live in a crazy time right now, where suddenly SUPPRESSOR approvals are coming back FASTER than Oregon NICS gun approvals. So i have just pivoted to buying suppressors for now- just got my SEVENTH can, all completed in under 3 days from start to finish!
Man the change in suppressor times has been a godsend. I had been putting off a 9mm can due to possibility of moving. I just didn't want to risk a 10 month wait. But now that risk is pretty much gone for individual transfers. The American suppressor association or whoever it was that worked out this change with ATF are to be commended!

Man the change in suppressor times has been a godsend. I had been putting off a 9mm can due to possibility of moving. I just didn't want to risk a 10 month wait. But now that risk is pretty much gone for individual transfers. The American suppressor association or whoever it was that worked out this change with ATF are to be commended!
There was a Willamette Weekly article last year talking about a lawsuit from a former state police BGC worker,who was suing for unlawful termination and unsafe working conditions.
He was a whistle-blower also but he said that there is a big billboard sign in the BGC main office that says "DENY and DELAY, think always deny and delay".

I can't find where he said it but it was a reddit or some online forum where he was claiming several stuff about the firearms background check unit.

https://www.wweek.com/news/courts/2024/01/31/fired-state-trooper-files-lawsuit-accusing-oregon-state-police-of-covering-up-widespread-misconduct/#:~:text=According%20to%20the%20lawsuit%2C%20Kendoll,.%E2%80%9D%20He's%20demanding%20$8%20million.

he said various stuff about how it's done and if fun owners really found out what was happening, the whole thing will collapse and we would be better off just giving it to the FBi.

My Tuesday morning weekly conspiracy theory is that the state and DOJ knows the state police is incompetent and they are hiding it.

Whait, you're actually suggesting that a government agency is incompetent? I've never heard of such a thing!

Screenshot_20240416_073251_Chrome.jpg
None whatsoever...
😬

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR