JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would like to clarify that I was referring to cars killing more people than guns. If that was even misunderstood.

Also referring to BGC with insurance or loans regarding cars. The prior being essential to driving a car. Granted the BGC is slightly different, but so it is for any BGC.

Long story short... do I think that background checks are a good idea? Do I think that the current law should/could be improved? Do I think it sucks we have to pay for and be burdened with BGCs?
All are yes answers.

I'm also going to offer support for lifting bans on machine guns, and tax stamps on silencers or whatever else I've missed. Tho I will add that free training should be included with machine guns. I don't want some CoD kid running out to the 36 pit with a G-18 and accidently spraying everyone...

Been at work, sorry to drop it suddenly and bring it back up.

I moved up here from Comifornia so it hasnt affected me at all. They have always had BGC'a as far as I can remember and also a 10 day waiting period... At least I dont have to wait 10 days up here to get my firearm.

What I choose to do with my gun is indeed my problem ...But why is it my problem when someone does something with their gun? ( Even if I sold / traded it to him)
I can only control my own actions ... not those of someone else.

If I sold Johnny a car and he had or caused a wreck thru his bad driving ... Should I be held accountable?
I see no difference between that and if he misused his "new to him gun"... that I sold him.

Andy
The reason you have no $ liability if Johnny hits someone with the car is because you presumably broke no laws selling him the car.
Whether cars or guns, it takes criminal behavior on your part to "trigger" civil liability down the line.
Hope that helps.

The reason you have no $ liability if Johnny hits someone with the car is because you presumably broke no laws selling him the car.
Whether cars or guns, it takes criminal behavior on your part to "trigger" civil liability down the line.
Hope that helps.
If I sell a car , gun or whatever... I should not be held accountable for what or how the new owner uses it.

I do get what you are saying ... that if I knowing sell a gun to a person who is not allowed the use of a firearms, it would be illegal.
But Again... I do not think that the selling of guns knowing or unknowingly to someone barred from firearms , happens enough to warrant a BGC for private sales.
Nor do I agree that I should be held should be held accountable for others misdeeds.
Andy

Last Edited:
If I sell a car , gun or whatever... I should not be held accountable for what or how the new owner uses it.

I do get what you are saying ... that if I knowing sell a gun to a person who is not allowed the use of a firearms, it would be illegal.
But Again... I do not think that the selling of guns knowing or unknowingly to someone barred from firearms , happens enough to warrant a BGC for private sales.
Nor do I agree that I should be held should be held accountable for others misdeeds.
Andy

What burns me about this most is it's a ruse. The people who make these laws know full well they are worthless for saving lives. What gets me is the gun owners who fall for it. The "well can't we support reasonable law". The problem is there is no reasonable to the liberals. They pass law, after law, after law. NOTHING happens to crime. The idea is then they want more laws. All these laws have one common result. They ONLY affect the people who the left claims they are not trying to hurt. The criminals are not slowed down at all and the left supports them anyway. Gun owners who believe there is some middle ground or compromise have been scammed. The left has no intention of stopping at anything less than all guns outlawed. Of course the people who make the laws will exempt themselves and the people who guard them from these new laws.

True and fair enough, Andy. If everyone conducted their transactions like Mark, I suppose it wouldn't be a concern to me.
I see BGCs as establishing a sort of formality to the process, which I consider a good thing.
I guess it makes people "safer", but I know better and that a willing person will find a way. They'd have to ban piping, nails, bed springs... if they really wanted to prevent people from ever having a gun.*cough*sten*coughcough
I like the idea of having some sort of identification/BGC process to varify the parties involved are legally allowed to possess firearms. Barred individuals should not have the luxury of indiscretion among some sellers.

Have I mentioned that I like having my fingerprints taken? LoL

We needs laws enacted like other states that allow people with CCW (or what ever your state calls them) to bypass the BGC and allow us to sell to other CCW holders without getting charged with a felony. To get a permit to carry a firearm we have already went through a process more stringent then a normal BGC.

This is my idea of a good 22, a Marlin 39D

20151129_193003_zpsffbg56dg.jpg
20151129_193038_zpscxg01ej7.jpg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR