JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In answer to the op's original question

Have our State Game Officials lost their minds over bringing back Wolf populations?

It is a proven fact that someone has to have something before they can lose it.

So you just moved here from Kalifornicate and think those roads and subdivisions are all over the Snake River Canyon, The Steens, and the Wallowa Mountains. Were those pictures taken at Hat Point or in Johnson Basin?

Yep not necessarily affects all critter population at first but everything adds up. Local decline still means fewer tags.

Not a wolf fan either. But would rather leave my kids an open countryside with a few oversized dogs, than fenced off with vacation homes.

PS Born and lived in god's country (Oregon) my whole life, thankfully.

True, and don't forget another major element - roadkill. I see more dead deer (and a few elk) on my way to work every morning than I typically see living.
maybe, but its important to understand that roadkill is accidental... not really certain its something we can do anything about. But poaching is a choice, and its illegal. Think of it this way, if (hypothetically) poaching did not exist would we might actually need wolves to keep the damage down from ungulate overgrazing etc. ? Regardless poachers take as many animals each year as legal hunting (roughly) so think of the improvement to hunting if we could stop poaching.... (the wolf debate seems much less important).

here is an interesting article on roadkill in Oregon, it has a cool interactive map of the state where you can filter roadkill percentage by animal type...

http://www.oregonlive.com/commuting/index.ssf/2014/11/oregon_roadkill_mapping_over_4.html

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top