JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why...step one is cut a circle around an then grab a fist full of azz an zip tie it shut. Everything comes out easy to the inside so you don't risk popping a bladder. Less cuts in the guts is less potential of cleaning up an washing poo off meat.

Why...step one is cut a circle around an then grab a fist full of azz an zip tie it shut. Everything comes out easy to the inside so you don't risk popping a bladder. Less cuts in the guts is less potential of cleaning up an washing poo off meat.
I've never used a zip tie, but this is basically how I do it.

I've always just gotten an armful of guts and flopped em out as intact as the bullet allowed, then cut out the poop shoot when there's no risk for contamination. It tends to be a very bloody procedure though, so I don't go grocery shopping afterwards...

I've always just gotten an armful of guts and flopped em out as intact as the bullet allowed, then cut out the poop shoot when there's no risk for contamination. It tends to be a very bloody procedure though, so I don't go grocery shopping afterwards...
I've never thought of doing it that way, starting on that end, so to speak. Makes some sense to me.
The way I do it I end up pulling a lot of "it" out by hand. It's a bit messy for sure.

I gut more bears than anything and I don't see a need for it. A good clean gut job can be done very quickly with practical, no gimmicks needed. I once had a bet on how fast I could do a clean gut job on a bear, I won the bet 😉

ui_dressing.jpg
Sorry...had to do it.

Just bought this awesome butt out tool on amazon. Watched a bunch of youtube videos on it. Seems to be very simple and effective. Any anyone used one of these? What has been your experience?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002ECKYSA?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
I used one once cause I was curious if it was a "better mouse trap". Unfortunately when the time came to use it I ended up twisting too much and basically did an inside pipe cut on the chute. I think it could be a fine tool once you get used to it.

After my experience, I would say this is not for new hunters. If you've never dressed an animal (specifically big game) then don't start with this. Make sure you know how to get the butt out without the use of any "new" tools before you trust something that might not work.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top